007

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: PG-13 for slight inappropriate language 

 

The lieutenant colonel eventually led Ara into his office, by the looks of it.  She glanced around at his minimal display of awards, diplomas, and pictures.  The man seemed to have the same expression in every picture, just as he had shown back in the meeting room -- a cold and dark gaze with a slightly annoyed frown, as if he had never seen or appreciated the light of day.  She stook awkwardly in the doorway as he sat down in his luxurious seat.

 

“Sit,” he growled.  “Christ, do I have to tell you to do everything?”

 

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she sat obediently in the chair in front of the desk.  

 

The man rolled his eyes.  “All you Southerners are the same…docile and stupid,” he said.  “Which is why Commander Kim came up with the stupid idea of letting you live.  He was once on your side, you know, generations before.”  

 

She tried to smile.  “Does it look like I care?” she shot.  “I’m sorry, but I’m only agreeing because of some personal things, not for the sake of battling countries.”

 

“Of course,” he said.  “Your friends.  Your family.”

 

“I guess you could say it that way,” she said, thinking of the file Chanyeol had shown her.  What mysteries could be lying ahead in her path?  She stuck a hand out, causing the man to retreat, a hand at the gun on his belt.  She laughed loudly, enough to draw attention from the rest of the department outside.  “I’m not going to hurt you.  We have an agreement, remember?” she said.  “If we’re going to work together, I might as well know who you are.”

 

His eyes flashed before he grasped her hand cautiously.  “Lieutenant Colonel Kim Taehyung.”  His lip twitched.  “Don’t bother wasting your breath to tell me your name.  I already know.”

 

“Everyone seems to know anyway,” she said, shrugging as she took her hand back.  “So what am I here for?”

 

“Explaining some boundaries,” he answered.  “First off, you’re considered of lowest status here, which means even our new recruits are higher than you.  Answer to everyone when spoken to, or I’ll blow your head off.”

 

She nodded reluctantly, swallowing her pride.  “Yes…”

 

“Yes, what?”

 

“Yes…sir…”

 

The rest of their little chat was trivial and lacking in compassion and human emotion.  She was to be watched constantly by at least one other soldier, either Taehyung, Hoseok, or Yoongi, while she completed her one and only mission: to figure out a way back into the South again.  While it sounded like busy work, she knew she would eventually have to lead the whole Northern army into the South.

 

She rolled her eyes at the thought.  After her entire life of proving her worth, she was going to throw it down the drain and be considered the fall of her own country.

 

A fraud.

 

A traitor.

 

A criminal.

 

“You’ll be housed with some other ROMANS at a secluded cabin next to headquarters,” Taehyung explained.  “Yoongi will be there, if that makes you feel better.”

 

She closed her eyes.  “He’s not Yoongi.”

 

He rolled his eyes.  “Whatever.”  He stood, and Ara followed in suit.  “He’s waiting outside anyway.”  The cold look in his irises bore into her skin.  “Addres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter