011

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“If you’re trying to say sorry, it’s a bit too late for that,” Ara put in as Taehyung walked her out to an empty balcony.  Half of her was kidding, but she sincerely meant it, her dark eyes explaining it.  Fear gripped as he closed the door behind him.

 

He shook his head.  He walked over and smiled as he leaned over the railing.  “Of course, I would never be sorry.  You’re a fool for thinking so.”  He chuckled.  “You’re interesting, Jeon Ara.  You should be ting yourself right now, being in a locked area with me.”

 

Ara glared at him.  “It’s not like you can do anything more to me.”

 

He scoffed and raised his eyebrow with a suggestive smile.  “I have a few things left,” he said.  “But anyhow, that’s not what I wanted to talk about.”

 

She rolled her eyes.  “What more can you say to me, you bastard?”

 

“I need you to terminate someone,” he started.  “As part of your…should I say, official initiation?”

 

She pursed her lips.  “What do I have to do?” she asked quietly.

 

Taehyung let out a low laugh.  “It won’t be easy,” he said.  “There’s a man in there.  Because you came here with him, he’s being questioned in people’s minds as either a possible traitor, or just another needy military officer.”

 

Ara’s eyes flashed.  “Hoseok…”

 

“You’re smart,” he said.  “Corner him tonight, then kill him.”

 

“Why?”  The honest question came subconsciously from .

 

He blinked once.  “Because I said so,” he responded nonchalantly.  “Remember that lesson I taught you?  I’m about to teach you another.”

 

Ara scoffed.  “Which is?”

 

The man grinned, making her more nervous than ever.  He looked out over the vast empty fields, shining with moonlight.  “People teach that you shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds you, but I beg to differ, especially when that hand that you trust tries to poison you.”  He glanced at her briefly.  “You shouldn’t become close to that serpent.  He’ll bite your heel when you least expect it.”

 

“Hm, for a second there, one would think you were genuinely concerned about me.  Don’t meddle with my business,” she shot.  “You tried to kill me.”

 

He shrugged.  “Honest reasoning, but everyone tries to kill each other here.  They’ll nod off and forget about his death in about a week’s time,” he said.  He leaned forward, his breath hot against her ear.  “I know you want to protect your friends, and that good for nothing brother that’s still alive.  Which is it going to be?”

 

She bit her lip, and an image of Namjoon and her team passed through her mind.

 

He pulled back and smirked.  “You don’t need to answer.  I already know what you’re going to say,” he said.  He slipped a small handgun into her hands.  

 

“Get him alone and vulnerable.  You have one bullet.”

 

--

 

The weapon strapped to her leg pressed against her skin as she made her way back to Hoseok, who seemed to be making pleasant conversation with an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter