009

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ara sat silently, letting Yoongi bandage her last wound.  She avoided eye contact, feeling that she may cry if she met his worried gaze again.  She winced from his fingers smoothing the bandage out across her skin.

 

“Taehyung’s never been that angry before,” he said, cleaning the supplies.  “I can’t imagine he was that angry because you disobeyed the commander’s orders.”  Upon seeing her dark expression, he frowned.  “I’m trying to make the situation better.”

 

She looked at him and gave a small smile.  “I understand,” she said.  “Thank you.”

 

“I would’ve stopped him from taking you if I knew what he was up to,” Yoongi added.  “I swore to Jungkook and Namjoon I would protect you no matter what cost, but I can’t exactly do that if I were to be switched to night mode.”

 

She raised an eyebrow.  “You swore to Jungkook and Namjoon?”

 

He nodded.  “Jungkook because he’s your brother and Namjoon because…he’s the captain, and…” he paused.  He then hummed, smiling.  “Nevermind, but yes, I vaguely remember, though it doesn’t seem like I would do such a thing.”

 

“So you do remember us,” Ara whispered.  

 

Color flushed to Yoongi’s cheeks.  “Well…technically my memory was wiped and stored in a secret database.  And you know what you do to the most powerful database in the country?” he chuckled.  “You break in, of course.”

 

She rolled her eyes.  “That’s how you get yourself killed,” she said.  “You’re not so bright, are you?”

 

“Yeah, I’m not bright.  I just figure out ways to bypass the system, that’s all,” he said.  “And the rest is acting.”  He flashed a grin.  “I think I deserve five stars as an actor, don’t you think?”

 

“No,” she deadpanned, though it was hard to contain her smile.  “I may be able to forgive you, but Jimin might not.”

 

At the mentioning of the soldier’s name, Yoongi’s smile disappeared in an instant, his eyes filling with concern and sadness.  “Jimin…” he murmured.  “How…is he?”

 

Ara pursed her lips.  “Honestly pretty disappointed the last time he saw you, which was at the warehouse.  He thought he was going insane.  I mean, we all were,” she explained.  “Ever since you were gone, he’s gone back to the same place to try to at least see if you were there.  I…I can still hear him crying as he came back empty handed every night.”  She looked at Yoongi.  “He really loved you.”

 

“Jimin,” Yoongi said.  “I wish he weren’t involved in the military at all.  He’s far too fragile a character to withstand the brutality of war.”  He sighed heavily.  “I recognized that the first time I met him, yet he was like a refuge for me.  Someone that would sit there and listen to all the simple and complex things I had to say.”

 

For the first time, Ara was looking at a man whom was truly a romantic at heart.  It was odd to think of Min Yoongi as someone other than his cold and reserved self, but she accepted the fact.

 

“I miss him,” Yoongi whispered, his head hanging.  “I’ve missed him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter