017

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was unreal being back at headquarters.  Many people gave her second glances, and she could hear their concerned whispers as Namjoon accompanied her upstairs to the Dome, where she would meet Chanyeol and a board of officers for a debriefing.  She felt calmer as Namjoon linked his arm through hers in the elevator, steadying her.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re here,” he said.

 

She smiled at him.  “Me too.”

 

He squeezed her hand a bit.  “I missed you, Ara. We all did.  Jimin almost lost his mind, Seokjin was lost, and Jungkook…he hasn’t been himself.”  He sighed. “I’m just glad to have you back.”

 

She nodded.  “I’m glad to be back.”

 

His cheeks turned rosy.  “So, about…that kiss…”

 

“What about it?” she asked, blinking.  

 

He laughed nervously.  “I mean, should we talk about it.  What’s between us?”

 

She blushed.  “Namjoon…”

 

“Not to say that I didn’t like it or anything, but it was all so sudden with the circumstances,” he rambled.  “And when I said that I loved you…I meant it…”

 

The elevator beeped and the doors slid open.  She walked out, looked apologetically at him and smiled.  “Right now I have to deal with a bunch of idiots that won’t let me rest,” she said.  “I’ll come by later.”

 

He nodded.  “Okay.”

 

The door closed between them, and with a deep breath, she made her way to the board room.

 

--

 

Ara made her way back to the barracks with a huff.  The fresh memories of the debriefing burned in her mind.

 

“I can’t believe it!  They’ve been holding you hostage, and yet you’re fine?” Chanyeol thundered.

 

Ara nodded, dry from her endless explanation.  “They kept me safe because they knew I was a figure that needed to be left undamaged, but I don’t see what the matter is with the fact that I’m safe and unharmed,” she said.

 

“Lieutenant Jeon, it is unusual for the temperment of the North to leave a hostage unharmed,” an officer, Commander Do Kyungsoo, explained.  “We have to take every precaution possible. We are only concerned as a collective board for your true safety, and for the safety of the South.”

 

“At such a time like this, both sides can expect foul play,” another officer chimed in.

 

“How can you not believe my word?  Have I not told you everything?” Ara said, her voice rising.

 

Chanyeol looked concerned.  “It’s not that we don’t believe you.  This is the North we’re dealing with, not a small side organization of peacekeepers.  You’ve been over there for a while. How do we know they didn’t brainwash you?”

 

“You don’t know what I’ve been through!” she shouted angrily, standing.  She slammed her hands on the table, causing the other officers to jump. “I’ve told you the truth about my stay over there.  Whether you like it or not, I’m here and I’m safe. There’s nothing that can change that. For you as a board of officers to call me a liar is barbaric!  You’ve all practically raised me and watched me grow up here!”

 

She stormed to the door.  

 

“Lieutenant, we’re not finished.”

 

“I am,” she snapped and slammed the door behind her.

 

She walked down the hall and tried her best to calm herself while taking a warm shower.  The water hit her sore skin and made her whimper as she scrubbed her body from head to toe.  The fact that she wouldn’t have to deal with deadly sparring every morning relieved her. As she got dressed, she made note of the bruises she had to hide.

 

By the time she made her way to Namjoon’s room, it was a bit late.  She felt bad when he opened the door, his tired eyes puffy with sleep.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter