013

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Juno sat still in her seat as the truck drove through the countryside.  She was sandwiched in between the other ROMANs Apollo, Diana, Venus, and Mars and sat across from Hoseok, who stared at her with an incredulous look.  She stared back, her eyes dark and unforgiving.

 

“What?” Juno questioned coldly.

 

The colonel shook his head.  He brought out his tablet, which showed a manipulatable map on the screen.  “We’re heading to the headquarters building in the South. If our intell is correct, most of the soldiers are either on leave or enjoying their own gala miles away from the building,” he explained.  “Juno and Mars already have knowledge of where things are, so follow them.”

 

The other three ROMANs nodded, their golden eyes glowing.

 

“Under no circumstances are you to enter the building.  You’ll meet an old operative of ours, Pluto, in the back next to storage and containment.  He’s been inside gaining information for us for years,” Hoseok said. “Tell him there’s been an update to the ROMAN software, and give him this.”  He handed Juno a flash drive.

 

Apollo looked at his watch and hummed.  “In conclusion, this mission should take about fifteen minutes if we want to leave undetected by their security systems, which should go blank about…”  He pressed a button on his watch. “Now.”

 

The truck came to an abrupt stop.  Apollo and Diana kicked open the back door, and Venus jumped out, surveying the area.  Mars followed. Just as Juno was about to follow them, Hoseok stopped her.

 

“Let go,” she said curtly.

 

He paused before listening to her command.  He watched her run after the other soldiers and sat back in his seat with a shaky sigh.

 

The night air was cold against her skin, but it wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle.  She ran through the trees until they came upon the headquarters building. She remembered every single detail of it.

 

The people.

 

The daily activities.

 

But she couldn’t seem to remember why.

 

“Storage and containment is this way,” she found herself saying, leading the others down a narrow path to metal storage units.

 

The lights were off, making the moonlight off of the storage units the only thing allowing them to see.  They stood close to the units, trying not to be spotted in the open.

 

At last, her eyes fell upon a face that seemed familiar.  She couldn’t put her finger on it.

 

He was tall and muscular.

 

And he looked just like her.

 

“Operative Pluto,” she said.

 

He nodded before recognizing her.  “Ara…”

 

That’s when it dawned on her.

 

“Jungkook?”

 

Her head spun.

 

“Five minutes,” Sehun reported.

 

Jungkook stepped forward and grabbed her arm.  “What are you doing here?” he asked with a low voice.

 

Her golden eyes glowed.  “That’s none of your concern, brother,” she said before twisting and kicking him to the ground.  She showed the flash drive Hoseok gave her. “This is for you. An update.” She threw it at him.

 

Shock was still apparent in his eyes.  “Ara…why…?”

 

“Who’s that?” she sneered.  “I’m known as Juno, and I’ve only come to give you this.”  She turned to run after the other ROMANs. “Whatever you want with the girl you think I am…”  She turned around to glance at him.

 

“She’s gone.”

 

--

 

Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter