006

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: PG-13 for slight inappropriate language and scenes

 

When Ara opened her eyes, she was in a dark room with a single lamp hanging above her.  She blinked a few times before looking down and fighting the urge to throw up.  

 

Wires upon wires were embedded into the skin of her forearms and legs, eventually leading to multiple monitors.  She bit her lip as she struggled to catch her breath.  There were hardened scabs where the wires entered her body.  She closed her eyes tightly and grimaced, trying to wake herself up from the nightmare she was currently in.

 

“It’s about time.”

 

Her eyes shot open.  She turned to the source of the voice on her right to see Yoongi sitting in a chair against the wall.  He leaned back and raised an eyebrow.  “Comfortable, isn’t it?”

 

“What…what did you do to me?” she asked with horror.  “What the hell did you do to me?”

 

He raised his hands, his lips pursed.  “It wasn’t me.”

 

“Where am I?” she murmured, struggling against her restraints.

 

“You’re on the North side of the border,” Yoongi replied.  He rose to his feet and began to walk around her bed.  “I overheard some of the scientists working on you.  They said you’re the latest model they’ve created.”

 

She narrowed her eyes.  “Model?”

 

He seemed confused.  “Model of ROMAN, of course.”  He then let out a laugh.  “You have no idea what you are yet!  I thought Chanyeol explained to you what a ROMAN was, or at least give you a basic school outline.”  He scoffed.  “The man’s so stupid he doesn’t even see spies snoop right under his nose.”

 

At her silence, he leaned over and put his cold hand on hers.  “Don’t worry, sweetie.  You’re not dead.  Yet.  There’s still hope.”

 

“Don’t call me that, scumbag,” she hissed.  

 

“Scumbag,” he echoed with amusement.  “I thought we were friends.”

 

She glared at him.  “My friend died that day.  You said yourself you weren’t him.”

 

At that, the door opened, and an officer entered.  

 

He was a handsome man with a strong structure and sharp features.  Ara noticed his uniform jacket, dazzled with badges.  She gave him a cold stare as he walked over, observing her with an indifferent gaze.

 

He glanced at Yoongi.  “How are things?”

 

“Vitals are stable, but isn’t,” the cyborg snorted.

 

“Good,” the officer said.  He gave her a small smile.  “Nice to finally meet you, Lieutenant Jeon.  I’m Colonel Jung Hoseok.  Welcome to the Northern Army.”

 

She glared at him.  “Don’t be mistaken, Colonel, but I’m not one of you,” she spat.

 

“Fiesty.  I like it,” the man commented.  “We could use more soldiers like you.”  He straightened his tie.  “Anyhow, you’ll have a meeting with our officers to discuss your fate.  After all, you’re a criminal on our side of the border.”  He smiled.  “There’s nothing to be afraid of.  The worst that could happen is they’ll decide to kill you and the rest of your family.”

 

She scoffed.  “Well, I must be lucky.  I don’t have a family.”

 

Hoseok blinked.  “Then I guess they’ll have to resort to bodily torture.”

 

Yoongi had a blank expression on his face as he shoved the man’s shoulder.  “Stop trying to act scary.  It’s not working.”

 

“I’m just preparing her for the worst.  I feel a bit bad,” Hoseok said.  “It’s a shame.  She’s a pretty one too.”

 

--

 

Once Ara was approved by the team of scientists and doctors working on her, she was handcuffed and escorted from her small room by sold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter