014

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Ara lay in her bed that night, she slept restlessly, darting from one nightmare to the next.  She tossed and turned, often calling out her brother’s name.

 

She watched Jungkook die over and over.  No matter what kind of dream it was, she had to stand by and watch helplessly.  She wanted so desperately to spring to action and slay the people that harmed her twin, even if he was a ROMAN.

 

Her eyes flew open, and she sat up straight in her bed, trying to catch her rapid breath and racing heartbeat.

 

She drew her legs close to her chest and curled into a tight fetal position, trying not to wake the others.  

 

Tears stained her cheeks.  How long do I have to suffer through this? she wondered.

 

She jumped when she heard the click of her doorknob turning.  She slipped out of her bed quietly and grabbed her handgun. She easily cocked it and aimed, waiting for the intruder behind the door.

 

Her aim dropped when the door opened to reveal Yoongi.

 

“Goddamnit, Yoongi!” Ara whispered, exasperated.  “I could’ve killed you!”

 

He snorted.  “It would take more than one bullet to stop me, kid,” he said.  “More importantly, Sehun detected a small blip on the scans by the stream on the southside of the building.  It might be nothing, but you should check it out.”

 

“Why me?” she asked.

 

Yoongi shrugged.  “Because,” he replied, an unreadable expression in his eyes.  “I’ve got a feeling.”

 

Ara said nothing and got her gear.  She positioned her gun in her holster and gave Yoongi a second glance before running out of her small room.

 

She dashed towards the trees and hid, peeking through the foliage of the bushes.  She could see there was no one out on patrol.

 

“It’s too quiet,” she muttered to herself.  “Where are the patrol soldiers…?”

 

“They’re all unconscious in the storage room, if you should know.”

 

Ara whirled around to lay her eyes upon a familiar face.

 

“Namjoon?”

 

The captain smiled back at her.  “Ara.”

 

She looked around to make sure no one was around.  “What are you doing here?” she hissed.

 

“Rescuing you,” he said.  “Jimin’s been insisting, and Jungkook hasn’t been the same since you came --”

 

“You’ll be shot on sight if they find you here!” she shot, pushing him away.  “You can’t be here. I won’t let you!”

 

Namjoon took a step forward.  “That’s not for you to decide,” he breathed calmly.  “It’s not just Jimin or Jungkook, or even Seokjin for that matter.  I’ve missed you.  I’ve missed you so much, so…come back with me.”

 

She shook her head, tears filling her eyes.  “No,” she whispered. “They’ve made me into a monster.  They’ve made me, Yoongi…all of us into monsters. I can’t jeopardize your safety.”  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter