003

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What the hell was that?” the colonel, Park Chanyeol, demanded as the rescue team came into his office, their heads low.  They were easily intimidated by his height, a massive six-foot-one, not to mention his overpowering personality.  “Your job was to go in there and get the girl, not to blow up the entire place and nearly get yourselves killed in the process!”

 

Ara kept her gaze at her feet, studying the intricate details of her boots.  She noticed the other members doing the same in her peripheral vision.  She pursed her lips.  If things were to go as planned for the older colonel, he would ramble on for another couple minutes before eventually letting them go.  However, things were different that day, so she decided to prepare herself for the worst.

 

Namjoon cleared his throat.  “Sir, the explosion wasn’t our fault.”

 

“I don’t care whose fault it is!” Chanyeol hissed.  “The fact that my own men were present is enough.  Whatever you did there could’ve started another war.”  He snorted, rolling his eyes.  “What did you see?  Your grandparents reincarnated?  An old school bully?”  He slammed his fist into the table.  “Why the hell is no one answering me?”

 

Jimin lifted his gaze.  “Sir, you wouldn’t believe it if we told you.”

 

The other seemed to calm down as he sat deeply in his leather chair.  “Try me.”

 

The team’s gunman eyed the other members before taking a deep breath.  “Sergeant Major Min Yoongi, who was considered KIA a year ago, was present at the scene.”

 

Chanyeol displayed no reaction on his face.  He only furrowed his eyebrows and stared thoughtfully at the papers strewn on his desk.  Something flashed in his eye as he looked up to see Jimin’s eyes, which began to well up with tears again.  Ara saw the man considering how much Yoongi meant to the young soldier, and ended up biting his tongue before an insult let itself out.  He nodded slowly and let out a heavy sigh.

 

“I know he meant a lot to you, Lieutenant Park,” the colonel started.  “Sergeant Major Min was a great man and a strong soldier.  He was the glue to your team.  I know how empty you must feel.”  He pursed his lips.  “However, time passes, and you have to learn to accept that people don’t live here forever.  It’s a fact of life.  I hate to say it, but he’s gone.”

 

Namjoon stepped forward, anger evident in his gaze.  “Are you calling him mad?  We all saw him!”

 

“It’s been a long week for you, Captain.  May I suggest a week leave?” Chanyeol offered.

 

“If you don’t care, then say you don’t care!” Jimin shouted, causing everyone to freeze.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter