Coffee

Forgetting My Past (과거를 잊어 버림)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] COFFEE
I sometimes miss you, I wonder why?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

 

YOUR P.O.V

Thanking myself for not going overboard with the drinking last night, I stretch my body as a satified mewl escapes my lips. I look to see only messy comforters and pillows, no sight of either of the people I had a 'sleepover' with. Seemed like both of them had already begun their day's work. Determined to start anew, I get up and begin folding the comforters and put them away with the pillows in their respective rooms. A yellow sticky note on top of plate on the dining table catches my eye, the handwriting indicated that it was from Iseul, "We're off to work eonni, enjoy these delicious pancakes made by our personal chef. Haha good luck for today (^~^)" I grin at the note, and decide to wash myself before I gave in to the smell of strawberry and whipped cream.
Cheking my outfit in the mirror one last time, I heave a light-hearted sigh. "Truly a new start, huh? I'm proud of you, Min Nayoung." I give myself a short pep talk, grinning at my reflection. After taking my sling bag and locking the door, I walk down the street, just like what Iseul had told me to. (#OOTD)

Spring season was almost here and I could already hear the birds chirping happily. The fallen leaves were gone, and so were the gloomy trees and dry leaves. They have all changed for the better. I smile slightly at the beautiful sights as I walk on the only road around. I just need more time; I too will bloom again like the others, right?

And before I knew it I was at the opening of a small shopping area. And right in front of me was a café. The café looks so inviting as I catch myself peering at the inside through the wide window. With low lights and brown, wood furniture; it looked aesthetic in my eyes. And there were quite a lot of people inside for 10 in the morning. Outside, there was a big sign with beautiful calligraphy indicating that it was 'The Aroma'. As soon as I push the door and walk in, the smell of ground coffee beans welcomes me and its smell was already intoxicating to me. For me, coffee's pleasant smell did a lot to calm me down. I could feel why this café was named so. I look around and see a little stage in the corner with a mic stand. Interesting. Do they have open-mic events? I take a seat in one of the tables near the window, humming along the soft music playing in the background. I loved the vibes of this place already.

A girl walks to my table, clad in what seemed like a staff uniform with a notebook and pen in hand. "Good morning! How may I help you?" She gives me a warm smile as I look through the menu. "I will have the cappuccino, please." She bows slightly and turns to walk away. "Wait. I was wondering if you were hiring." "I will call the branch's in-charge." And with that, she leaves me and disappears through the door at the back which read 'STAFF ONLY'. Soon enough, a tall man with broad shoulders approaches me with two cups in his hands. He hands me one and chuckles as I look at him with furrowed brows, completely confused with the situation.
"Don't you recognize me, Nayoung-ah?", he asks me while standing with his arms folded, his head tilting with a hint of amusement on his face.

I look carefully at his face, my eyes widen when I realise...I haven't heard that voice in 7 years! No way...Was it really... "Jin?!"  I exclaim to the man in front of me, smartly clad in a white shirt slightly tucked into his black pants. "Yep, and that would be oppa for you." I gape at him and he pulls me in for a hug. I missed him so much!



 He is my elder brother's best friend, Kim Seokjin.

We used to hang out quite often when we were here in Seoul. Like my brother, he too cared for me like I was his 'little' sister. We would often go out to eat or to play games in the arcade. He softly pats my hair in a familiar manner and lets out another chuckle, making those squeaky noises which never fail to amuse me.

"You're still as adorable as you were, Nayoungie" He calls me by the nickname which he had given me years ago, and I scrunch my nose as I cringe at the sound of it. Never liked it. Don't like it now either. Brushing it aside, I look at him as he sits on the chair opposite to me, "I see you have achieved your dream job, oppa." I smile recalling the times when he used to tell me about his wish to own a beautiful café where he would serve his favoritie varieties of bread and heart-warming coffee and tea."Yep. Do you like it?" "Oh, it's beautiful! I love the mood! I also noticed that mini stage. Do you guys hold open mic nights?" I ask as I take a sip of my drink, relishing the warmth of it as it spread through my body. This is really delicious. The early morning crowd makes sense. It was as though half of the neighborhood was here for breakfast. "Yeah, the stage is open to public at evenings here. A lot of aspiring artists come to perform for people. A few have even been scouted by entertainment companies after performing here." I awe at the influence this place has. I felt prouder of him with every passing second.

"Talking about you now, I heard that you wanted to apply for the job of a waitress here?" "Ah, yes." I wonder why she had decided not to tell my anything. I shake my head when I think of the possibility of her wanting to surprise me. "Well, you are already in then. All you need to do is dress appropriately for the job and come here tomorrow morning. There is not a lot I can explain, you will learn as you work. And I hope you are still the quick-learner I knew. I will assign another employee to help you out, okay?" "Wait, really? That's it?!" I look at him baffled at how I was just handed the job, especially hearing all the good things about it. I feel guilty for not even going through any sort of interview. "Anything for this little angel. I trust you, so don't think too much about it. Now tell me, when did you come to Seoul? Yoongi didn't tell me anything either. I am dissappointed." He pouts as a sort of way to show how he was feeling. I smile at his childlike nature. He has not changed at all, has he? Yoongi oppa would be cringing if he was here right now. I focus back on answering his question, fidgeting as I told him vaguely, "well, I sort of asked him not to tell anyone." "Duhh." He rolls his eyes at my obvious reply, and then he changes his demeanour and shows me his protective side again, "so you came here all by yourself?" I nod in reply, and I hear a sigh from him. "Where are you staying? Don't tell me you're at some hotel or something." "Don't worry; I'm staying at Jaeyoung's and Iseul's. You remember them, right?" "Yeah, of course. You guys were inseparable! Ah, and how is it going with Jungkook?" His face showed his oblivion to the situation.

"Uh.. About that.. Well, I broke up with him." "EH?! How? When? Why?" His eyes widen in surprise and he had leaned in due to the shock. Though his reaction was sort of funny, I sigh as I reveal the truth to him. I try to be as casual as I talk about it. "Well, I caught him making out with another girl." I bite my nervously as I look at him nervously. He goes silent for a minute when suddenly he half-shouts, "WHAT?" He slams his fist on the table, his face was already red and rage was written all over it. Then a few seconds later, he was jumping ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter