I Like It

Forgetting My Past (과거를 잊어 버림)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] I LIKE IT
Don’t wanna be fool, wanna be cool, wanna be loved

[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] 

 

ISEUL'S P.O.V

Last night, Hoseok oppa left without saying anything. I tried to stop him because I had made lemon tea for him but he looked very flustered and had quickly rushed out before I could confront him. I guess I'll just have to ask Nayoung eonni.

Just then, my ringtone goes off. I unplug my phone from the charger and stare at the caller ID. Without further thoughts on why he was calling me right now, I accept the call.

"Hello?" I answer softly. "Iseul-ah..." His voice was so deep, it resonated through the phone in my hand and into my ear, sending chills down my spine. Why did his voice have so much effect on me?

I compose myself before answering him calmly, "oh, what's up Tae?"   "Hehe, not much. Are you free for lunch today?" Is he asking me out right now? "Yeah. Why?" I bite my lower lip in anticipation of what he was going to say.

"Can we meet up? I want to talk about something." He tells me and I could sense the tension in his voice. I wonder what this is all about. "Hmm...Sure!"

"See you soon then! I'll text you later!" His voice was now cheerful. I swear he has more mood swings than me. You shake your head as you chuckle at your own thought.
It's been quite a while since I ate alone with another guy. I was never fond of going on dates.

I wear a simple floral dress and grab my black heels and strap them around my ankles. Yes, heels. Cause Taehyung is so much taller than me, I don't want to be teased about being short again and again by him. Though he means no harm, it annoys me at times.

I peek in Nayoung eonni's door to see her snuggling to her pillow, mumbling incoherent words. Is she sleep-talking now? She will definitely have a terrible hangover. I keep the medicine and place a bottle of water on her bed-side table along with a note. I close the door softly to not wake her up.


There is so much work piled up today. Mondays are always the worst! I mumble to myself as I fix my reading glasses up on my nose bridge. I occasionally glance at my watch, not wanting to be late to meet up with Tae. He said he would pick me up after half an hour. I just hope I finish all of this before he comes. Slacking when it comes to work wasn't my cup of tea.

 

 

 

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V

I was in my room, deciding what to wear. I especially took off from the office today. This is the day, the day I'll say everything that I've only dreamt of saying until now. 

I want to look my best in front of her, just for her. Let's just hope things go as planned. I worry in my head as I go through my clothes in the closet. I take out a few different sweatshirts, shirts and t-shirts, holding them up in the mirror to see if they suited me and the occassion. Casual smart? I go for an all-black outfit along with sleek sneakers. She likes monochrome. I muse to myself as I look at my reflection in the mirror. I run my fingers through my hair a few times before feeling satisfid enough to leave the house. 
 


 

I look at the time on the wall clock to see there was less than half an hour left. My eyes widen as I realise that I could be late. I quickly take my things and rush out the door.

I take my car and swiftly but carefully drive to Iseul's workplace. It isn't that far from my home and there wasn't much traffic, gladly. Or else I would've kept her waiting.

As I drive closer to the sidewalk in front of her office, I see her standing there, looking at her watch. Her lips were formed into a cute pout, like a kid. Yet what rendered me speechless was her pretty frame in that white dress with her blazer in hand which made her look so angelic, the sun was shining on her so gently, as if afraid to hurt her beautiful frame.

A mischievous smile forms on my face as I press on the horn, startling her as I see her flinch in surpise. I snicker at her as she 'angrily' stomps over and sits in the passenger seat. I was so busy laughing that I didn't even have time to get out and open the door for her.

"Yah! You scared me!" She sits and punches my arm lightly. "Exactly what I had planned to do~" I sing-song to her as she sticks her tongue out to me, later giggling as well. "So, where are we going?" She looks at me curiously and I have to control myself from pinching her cheeks. "Not too far. And we're going to eat your favorite food." I smile when I see her eyes brighten up. Iseul and her love for food. It's cute.

I start driving towards destination as she puts on some songs, occasionally singing along. She also has a beautiful voice, even though she would never admit it. I smile as her melodic voice resonates inside the car. And I honestly wouldn't mind spending all our time like this. And if I know her well, I knew she was in a good mood right now, judgding from her singing. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope everything goes alright and just as planned. I silently pray as I keep my eyes on the road.

We arrive at the restaurant after 10 minutes or so. Luckily, there was no traffic. Luck has been on my side till now. Whew! I open the door for her as she jumps out of her seat and skips towards the entrance. I shake my head at her, she's so child-like.

I go to the counter to order her favorite pizza along with my favorite coca-cola, and let her choose a table for us in the meanwhile. I glance back to see her sitting near the window, as expected. Whether it was in the car or a restaurant, she always liked sitting next to the window. When I asked her once, she said that she liked observing the nature and random people passing by. All these little things about her are so precious and adorable to me.


She was still staring outside the window as I sat down in front of her. "Iseul-ah~" I call out to her. "Hmm?" She turns her gaze to me, and I swear I could fall into them right away.

"Have you thought of dating recently?" I ask her. I knew it was an awkward and out-of-the-situation question but I had to go through with my plan today. "Eh, what kind of question is that?" She tilts her head to the side as she looks at me confusedly. "It's just been on my mind lately. Just answer my question." I urge her a little impatiently.

"Hmm... I don't know. I mean, it would be nice to have someone reliable by my side whenever I'm down or happy." She answers whilst playing with her fingers.

I prop up my elbow on the table, resting my face on my hand. "What kind of person do you want to date?" I give her my most innocent face, in order to not raise any kind of suspicion. 

She thinks for a while as her lips jut out in thought, "I want someone responsible and fun. Someone who knows me well and will love me for who I am. But why are talking about this right now?"

"Nothing. I'm just curious. Well, I want someone smalle- *ehem* shorter than me. Someone who's chic yet cute. Someone who'll understand how weird I am." We giggle together at the last part. 

"And you know what? I think I've found her." I continue as I see the shock evident on her face. "Really? Wow... that's nice, Tae! Who's she?" Just as she says that, the pizza box is delivered at our table as she clasps her hands excitedly. "It smells so good! You're the best, TaeTae! Thank you!" She opens the box in a hurry as I look at her expectantly. She simply grabs a slice from it and starts eating it. "Mmm.. this is so cheesy. It's so good, like always! This place never disappoints me!" She squeals as she happily devours the pizza.

I frown slightly upon the unexpected scenario. She didn't see it. Or was she ignoring it? I especially asked them to write it in big letters! How can she not see it?! 

"Iseul..." I call out for her attention again. "Hmm?" She looks up at me, the cheese slightly smothered on her lips. "Did you see it?" I ask her straightforwardly. She remains mum which meant that she had indeed not seen what was written.

I prop up the lid of the pizza box for her to see. She freezes in her seat, her eyes becoming wider. She covers as she places her half-eaten slice of pizza down. I gaze at her nervously as I try to make sense of her body language. She's definitely surprised, shocked even. But was this a good or a bad sign?

 

 

 

 

She just sits there for a while like that in complete silence. My heart starts beating faster and I feel even more nervous as each second ticks by. I couldn't even hear the loud chattering of people around us or the footsteps of the waiters going from table to table. It was as if all of my senses were focused on just us. My loud beating heart, my trembling hands, my shaky breath and her frozen state were all I could see and hear.

She wipes her slightly smothered with cheese lips with a napkin and keeps it back on the table. She takes deep breaths and subconsciously, I feel my breath stop. She was acting so calm. "Is this for real, Tae?" I wince as I hear her call out my name softly. I was almost ready to be rejected at this point.

"Y-yes." Now I'm stuttering as well. Damnit. "Lend me your ear, Tae." I stand up and bend towards her. I gulp in nervousness and put my ear towards as she leans in closer. "Yes, this is too cheesy. But I don't mind." I face her in shock as she smiles sweetly. I could literally see fireworks bursting and my heart beats faster in excitement, taking in deep breaths in relief. My face breaks into my usual box-smile as I look at her adorable face in front of mine. I could finally call her mine.

And as she gave me her shy smile, she looked even more beautiful. She was smiling because of me! She was smiling for me! I grin to myself as I feel this urge to smother with small kisses. So, I follow my heart, like I always do, and  grab her face and peck her soft lips.

To my surprise, she pushes me away with a hand on my chest which makes me frown in confusion. She said yes, right? Or was I daydreaming? Did I hear it wrong? My heart stops again as I begin to overthink.

But then she shyly smiles again, her cheeks turning crimson red. "Not here, pabo. People are looking." Her eyes dart around and I follow suit, to see the staff on the counter giving me a thumbs up. I smile and mouth him a 'thank you' for the help. I promptly turn my attention back to Iseul who was fidgeting slightly in her seat.

"I didn't know my Wonder Woman could get shy too."

"Oh, shut up and let me eat now!" 

 

 

 

 

(MEANWHILE.....)

 

 

 

 

HOSEOK'S P.O.V

She has been ignoring me ever since I came here, I notice as she caters to different customers effortlessly. I don't have classes till evening so I was just hanging out here. I thought we could spend some time together but she wasn't conversing with me properly like she used to. Could it be because of last night? Does she remember?

 

I was holding her in my arms as she snored lightly. Her fragile body in my embrace made me feel so protective of her, like I didn't want to let go. And it made me breathless. I gazed down at her face, admiring her beautiful features that stood out even in her sleep.
And then it happened. I leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead softly. I blush as I realise what I had just done. Feeling bad for invading her privacy like that, I decide to unravel my arms from her body and just when I was snaking out my arm from her waist, just when I thought I was safe, her eyes flutter open and she stared right into my eyes.

I couldn't read her eyes. Was she offended by what I had done? I worry as my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter