If I Ruled The World

Forgetting My Past (과거를 잊어 버림)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] IF I RULED THE WORLD
But it’s my dream, don’t make fun of me
[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] 

 

ISEUL'S P.O.V

I wake up with a yawn and start to stretch until I feel like something was restraining me from doing so. I look down to see a pair of hands around my waist. "Ah.." I blush as I recall last night's happenings.

 

"But please Iseul!" He whines, insisting like the kid he is.
"N-no! Y-you're not staying over here. J-just go home." I stammer as my face begins to heat up. "But it's not like we're doing anything. Right?" He blatantly tells me. "Yah!" I slap his arm, not caring if he was hurt. Why would he say that?!

"But I really don't feel like driving right now. And I want to stay with you a little longer. Pleaaassee?" He drags the 'please' as he looks at me with puppy eyes. "Fine." I thought I was immune to his aegyo but I guess not. I scrunch up my nose at him as he plants light kisses all over my face. "Yah! Stop! You're buying pizza, okay?"  "Sure!" He immediately gets up from his seat and goes to get his phone. I shake my head lightly at him. Ahhh, this fool.

We play videogames and eat pizza all night until we realize that it's 2AM already. "! Tae!" He turns to me, totally unaffected that I was swearing. "What?"    "Look at the time!" He takes a look at his watch, and merely shrugs his shoulders. "What do you mean by that?! You have to go to work later today." I pull him by his arm. "I took a leave."

I release his arm from my hold as I turn to him in shock. "Are you kidding me? Again?" I ask him in disbelief. He scratches his nape nervously upon seeing how taken aback I was. I sigh deeply, when will he ever learn? He had been taking a leave on Saturdays almost every two weeks just so he could spend time with me. I was free on Saturdays so he whined that he wanted to join me. "Tae, this is too much."

"No problem. But, do you know what it is tomorrow? Wait, I mean today?" He questions me instead. I furrow my eyebrows at the suddenness. He looks at me, totally anticipating my answer. I glance around the room nervously. Is there something I should remember?

"Nevermind." His shoulders immediately droop down as he walks out the game-room. "Hey, Tae! Tell me!" I follow him to my bedroom. "Leave me alone. I want to sleep." He does not spare me a glance as he continues to stride in the hallway, inching closer to my bedroom door. "Excuse me, but that is my bedroom." I raise an eyebrow at him as I go and stand in front of him with my arms folgded. He looks a little flustered but soon recovers and replaces it with a stoic face, continuing to enter the room anyways.

"You can sleep here too, if you want."  He tells me and lies down on the bed. He pulls up the covers to hide his face whil his back faced me. What did I forget now? I ponder as I also lie down on the bed as well. I scoot nearer to him and hug his back which became stiff upon my touch, "TaeTae. I'm sorry, but you know me. I am not good with remembering occassions." I mumble into his back. "Please? Tell me too so I can be happy with you?" I whine into his shirt, and I could hear him breathe out a deep sigh.

"Fine.I know you are forgetful and all, but I can't believe you really forgot it. What day is it today?" I glance at the calendar on the wall, "um..Monday." I answer him. "Ah, I mean the date." He asks me again. "It's the 22nd today. Why?" As I wait for him to answer, realization hits me and I mentally pull my hair for being so stupid and forgetful. How could I forget?! 
I don't know if he read my mind or if my facial expression was too obvious, he started chuckling at me. I pout sadly as he starts laughing. "I'm sorry for forgetting." I mumble lowly as he stops laughing and looks at me with an amused expression. I look away from him embarassedly, staring at the wall which suddenly seemed so interesting. "Hey, look at me." He turns my head to face him, and he is so near me that I can actually feel his breath on my face. "Mind repeating that, miss? I don't think I heard that clearly." He smirks mischievously at me. He knew I don't like saying sorry to people. It was just hard for me, and he was teasing me.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry for being such a bad girlfr-" He cuts me off with his soft lips before I can go on and criticize myself. My hands automatically reach for his face, cupping his face with my small hands. He pulls away from me, panting hard as he tries to catch his breath. "Happy anniversay, baby~" He sing-songs, followed by a deep chuckle which makes my heart skip a beat. I was in love with this man's voice, face, and most of all, his personality. I loved how much he understood me and how much I knew him, like the back of my hand almost. My childhood bestfriend-turned-boyfriend was gazing down at me with the most loving eyes. And I could have never imagined it an year ago. Yet here I was, in between his arms as I looked at him with the same amount of love and care for the man.

"Happy anniversary to you too, Tae. I love you." I caress his cheek with my right hand while my left one was holding on to his arm.

"I love you more." He plants another kiss on my forehead, then on my nose and then on my lips. We stay like that for a while, our kiss converying our love for each other.

We eventually let go and he plops down next to him, smiling gently as he looked at me. I snuggle closer to him, loving the way we were huddled together in my bed. My bed was going to smell of his cologne now and I loved the idea of being able to feel close to him for the next few days. And like that, we drifted off to sleep.

 

My fingers trace his gentle facial features, from his eyes to his lips. He is so beautiful, I don't think I have ever actually appreciated it much. I fell for who he was, his personality made him who is today, regardless of his appearance. And now that I look closely at his face, I couldn't help but feel envious. Why are his eyelashes so long? Why are his lips so pretty? Even his nose is adorable! I chuckle lightly to myself. I sound so stupid. 

I feel him move slightly as I quickly close my eyes, pretending that I was sound asleep. He stops moving after a while and it's dead slient. I was about to open my eyes again when I suddenly feel his hand tracing my face. I gulp as his hand moves down to my lips. I try my best to stay still. I could actually hear my own heart beating rapidly against my chest.

"Why are you so beautiful? You are making me crazy." I melt inside at his words when I hear him again, "Woah~ That sounds like a line from a song!" I burst out laughing as he looks at me confusedly. "You are so lame, Tae!" I clap my hands with no sound coming out from my throat. I feel like a circus seal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter