Where did you come from?

Forgetting My Past (과거를 잊어 버림)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?
If you keep doing that, my heart will be trembling. My hands will shake and I’ll run out of breath[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

YOUR P.O.V 

I wake up groggily, the sunlight seeping in from the windows and shining brightly on my face. Feeling exhausted from yesterday's events I had had a very decent sleep, knocking the pillows before 9pm. I yawn as I grab my phone from the bed stand. Looking at the time, my eyes widen as I quickly rush to the bathroom. It's freakin' 9AM! Just half an hour for me to get ready for my first day at work and eat breakfast and walk run to the cafe!

I go to the kitchen and find an omelette with buttered toasts in a covered plate. Won't forget to thank Jae for this. I begin devouring the simple yet tasty breakfast, my eyes never leaving the wall clock. Just 10 minutes more before work starts! I wash my plate and dust my clothes as I glance in the mirror. (#OOTD) I rush out the door with my back pack and speed walk till I reach the cafe with barely 2 minutes left. Whew. That was close.

I huff and puff as I bend on my knees, trying to catch my breath. After stabilizing my breath, I push the door open and walk in to see the same girl at the counter as yesterday. Ahn Hyojin, said her name tag.

She smiles after seeing me, "You must be the new girl, huh?" I nod briefly and then follow her as she takes me inside the 'staff only' room where I see Namjoon and Jin talking seriously about something. Namjoon sees me and his eyes widen. I spot him and wave at him with a smile. He smiles and waves back which makes Jin also turn around who then gestures me to come closer. Hyojin hands me the apron to be worn along with my name tag, and leaves after bowing to Jin.

"So, I guess you two have already met?" He gestures to me and Namjoon. "Yeah, she was singing on the stage yesterday and she was sooo good! It got me so da-" Jin cuts him off before the younger man can speak further. Making him pout a little but understanding that casual talk could come later. "Later Joon, first you'll need to guide her for the first week. I will trust you with this job. Good luck, Nayoung!" He ruffles my hair and goes through another door in the back. Wow, he didn't even let me greet him properly. Busy man, I mumble to myself.

I turn to Namjoon and he advises me to serve the customers with a smile and to speak in a polite way and soft tone. These were the basics. And since we were only to serve food to people, we did not have to learn how to brew or cook. I nod silently, listening to his words carefully. I did not want to mess up on my first day. I quickly change out of my hoodie and wear the apron over my white sweater. I could wear the black pants from tomorrow, luckily I was wearing black leggings which were approved by Jin himself. 

I walk away to start my shift when I hear Namjoon call my name again, "Nayoung-sshi, your shift ends at 5pm!" "Oh, thank you so much! I'll do my best! And just call me Nayoung please!" "Okay then. Good luck, Nayoung-ah!"

I decide to properly introduce myself to Hyojin before any customer walks in. As we were chatting behind the counter, the sound of the bell indicates the arrival of a customer. Namjoon pulls me aside and asks me to go serve the customer who has just arrived, "First mission, newbie. He's a regular customer and he comes here every morning and evening except on weekends. But don't worry, he's pretty friendly." I gulp and walk towards my very first customer. Even though Namjoon said that he was friendly, I still couldn't keep myself calm. What if I mess up?? I constantly tug at my new apron. Breathe in. Breathe out. I can do this.
As I approach him he looks up at me and gives me a sunshine smile. He's so handsome. I blush out of embarrassment and before I can ask him his order, he already starts talking. "Oh! You're a new face. Oh wait... I think I recognise you... Aren't you the girl who was singing Rain last evening?! You sounded wonderful." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter