Run

Forgetting My Past (과거를 잊어 버림)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] RUN 
No matter how crazy I run, I remain on the same place[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

YOUR P.O.V

Travelling alone is so boring, especially on such a gloomy, rainy day when you are by yourself. The train was moving straight for Seoul. My sudden decision to move out from my home in Busan was a rough start. But the melancholic atmosphere made me think about the consequences of my actions, I began worrying about the future. Where will I stay? I did have a few thousands in my bank account along with some cash in hand, but how long would they last? Will I really be able to survive on my own?

I look at my phone screen which told me that it was currently 4PM. Two more hours before I reach the city. I sigh as I stress out about what would happen when the train finally stops at its destination. If the rain does not stop, I will be completely soaked in this heavy rain. A chill runs down my spine, making my shudder when the cold wind escapes into the compartment from the slightly open window. I quickly close the glass window, and blow on my cold hands. Lying my head against the window, my eyes were threatening to shut. The physical and emotional exhaustion was beginning to take a toll on me. Everything had happened so abruptly. Just then, a familiar tune evades the silence of the space, which was none other than my ring tone. Reluctantly, I search for my smartphone in my pocket, not in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment. I almost did not spare a glance at the caller ID and was about to decline it when I realised that she must be worried sick about me. I had been ignoring her calls for the past few hours already. With a heavy sigh, I decide to pick up and listen to her much anticipated nag.

"Hello?" "Ya! Nayoung-ah! Where are you right now? I heard from your mom that you're not home and she's refusing to tell me why!" I mentally face-palm at my mother being unable to lie and hide things away from her. ''Aah.. that.. I told her not to tell anyone that's why." I bite my lips at my obvious answer, silently hoping this would not frustrate her further. "Not to tell anyone what?! You know we are worried sick here! You did not even pick up our calls!" I pull away the speaker away from my ears at the loud voice escaping from the small device.

"Please calm down and stop worrying. I justed wanted to leave that place for good. And I'm on a train to Seoul right now." "Wait, what? Seoul?! Why didn't you tell us?" "I already told you that I didn't tell anyone except for my family..." My voice trails apologetically. "But where will you be staying?" She asks me the same question which had be resonating in my head for hours.

"I was just thinking about that. I don't know yet. I was thinking of booking a hotel room for the night and start looking for a small apartment to rent first thing tomorrow. "What? You have no place to go to and you did not even bother asking us for help? Wahh. I can't believe you, Min Nayoung. You have hurt us way too many times today. There's no way that you're staying in a hotel room when we are here! Come over to our apartment!" I hear the excitement in her voice and I could already see her smiling on the other end. "Is there enough space? I thought you two were sharing it with Mina." The last thing I wanted to do was inconvenience my bestfriends over my rash actions. "Oh, she left the dorm last week. She went to France as an exchange student for her last semester. She would not coming back to live with us so she had already moved her things back to her family's. You can definitely take her room!" I hear her squeal at her own words, and I knew that there was no way I could convince her to let me manage this on my own. And besides, it was empty space anyways, and I was desperate. I really had no place to go to.

"Fine. But I'm paying rent." I only hear silence on the line, and I could imagine her pouting at my statement. I shake my head at my how well I knew her. "And you two will have to pick me up at the station. I am afraid I will get lost." "Of course! I can't wait to spend spring break and summer break with you!" I hear another voice chime in cheerfully. I smile as I recognise the cute, nasally voice of our other best friend, Iseul.

"I will be there in an hour and half!" "We will see you soon, Nayoung-ah." "See you soon, Jaeyoung. I smile as I put down my phone. It is indeed better to share problems with friends. They definitely make everything seem better. And as though the weather was mirroring my mood, the rain stops hitting the windows and the roof. It had halted, as though pacified by one of my problems being solved.

We three have been best friends since childhood, meeting at kindergarten and then sticking together through school, until I had to move to Busan because of my dad's transfer. His job required him to be situated in Busan, and even though I loved my best friends, I had to stay with my family. I am glad that I can meet them again in person after chatting and video-calling for 7 dragging years. I really missed them; they were basically family to me.

Maybe, just maybe, I can really start a new life here in Seoul with my old friends by my side. And maybe I can just pretend like Busan never happened.

Reaching the station, I pull my black trolley out of the vehicle and tighten the strap of my navy blue backpack on my shoulder. People were walking hurriedly, some were even running. Everyone was so busy to reach their destination, and I could already feel the tense and fast-paced city life. And I had just taken a few steps in the city.

Looking around for my considerably short friends, I do my best to stay out of people's paths. However, I bumped into a lot of people instead. Suddenly I hear a faint yet familiar voice shouting my name. My heart races in excitement and I turn around to see the people whom I have always missed and thought of in troubled times. They were pra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter