Jan. 6, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Ow... why does my head hurt so much...?

Junhui was barely able to open his eyes but when he did, he freaked out. The main reason as to why he freaked out was because when he woke up he didn't even recognize the kitchen that he was facing towards. He was too surprised that he didn't realize that he was sleeping on the couch so when his hand tried to make contact with the couch it ended up slipping off of the edge of the couch due to the blanket covering him, inevitably making him fall onto the floor.

A groan is the only thing he's able to muster as he heard faint footsteps coming down from stairs that was behind the couch in a hurried pace. He pushes himself to sit up and looks up to the unimpressed face belonging to Yewon.

"Jeez it's like you're asking to go to the hospital," she huffed, turning around and heading to the kitchen, "Well at least you're awake from your one day nap."

"'One da'-?! What happened?!" a water bottle was then promptly thrown at his head, making him yelp from the added injury.

"Don't yell, you'll scare oppa," Yewon hissed, "He absolutely terrified of loud sounds. If you wanna yell go or whatever do it outside or far away where it sounds like normal talk from that distance."

"Er- sorry," Junhui murmurs, "But do you mind explaining my situation?"

Yewon glanced at him before letting out a sigh as she tied on an apron to prepare making (what Junhui could at the very least guess from the dimly lit room with all of the closed blinds and curtains in the first floor) breakfast, "You fell down at the same height of a two-story building. Of course it's not something extremely serious but even you should know that that's still not necessarily good. I had to drag you into my house and go across the street to explain to your mom- and then after a couple complications or so- decided that you would stay here and recover until then. Oh yeah, she at least took your school bag."

It made sense. His mom was constantly busy with work trying to support two growing boys what with a simple divorce that happened and wouldn't be able to look after him, not only that, but his mom, Fengjun, and Yewon were too small and scrawny to actually carry someone who was tall across the streets for something that wasn't serious enough to involve the hospital, making it more convenient if it was only a couple centimeters of moving where someone could look after him- well, probably whenever Junhui was still out. That reminded him of the night that he saw the androgynous-looking boy but wasn't able to dwell on the fact that he actually got to see 1004 longer when Yewon spoke up again.

"I need to go to school now so I'm just going to set a couple of rules for you," Yewon places two meals on the coffee table in front of Junhui, "1) Don't even think about opening the blinds, curtains and doors leading to outside here, if you need light turn on the lights, 2) you're not allowed to go outside of this house unless I come back home since I have the keys, 3) don't bother exerting energy because I seriously don't won't to drag you to the hospital nor let a emergency van going crazy with its noisy alarm come here, and 4) don't go to oppa unless he goes to you, don't talk to oppa unless he talks to you, don't look at oppa unless he looks at you, and don't touch oppa- that last part is just a period because I will actually call the police on you- capiche?"

Junhui hesitantly nods, watching as Yewon takes off her apron and throws it onto the couch before heading back to the kitchen and picking up a tray of breakfast before heading upstairs. He could only hear muffled voices before everything went silent and soft footsteps began to descend from the stairs.

He knew his eyes widened at the sight of the androgynous-looking boy but once their gazes met the latter looked terrified as he stops rigidly and changes his glance to the floor. Yewon's face softened into worry before she gently took her brother's hand and led him over to the side of the coffee table in front of Junhui and placing the tray she had with her in front of him as they sat down.

"Oppa needs to eat, so don't look at him," Yewon spoke sharply to Junhui, making him immediately direct his gaze to his meal.


"Thank you for the meal..." Junhui says quietly but notices how the boy still flinched slightly even when his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Your welcome. I need to head to school now," Yewon said as she stood up and prepared to head out, glaring one last time at Junhui, "You better remember to follow the rules, Junhui-ssi."

The junior lets out a sigh, feeling a bit more relaxed with the uptight girl gone. He picks up his plate and utensils, stacking it on top of Yewon's empty plates, "Um-" he felt sorry for the boy as he saw him flinch again from his voice before he continued, "Should I just put these in the sink?"

The boy nods a very small one, continuing to keep his gaze on his meal. Junhui stands up with the plates and heads over to the sink, placing them quietly in the sink before turning around and see him slowly finish his plate.

Junhui really wished that there was a way to talk to him without making him flinch and freeze on spot but it seemed like no matter what the other would continue to be frightened by him suddenly talking unless there was a warning beforehand.

"...uld you p-please stop st-staring a-at me...?"

It took a few seconds for Junhui to realize that the soft voice belonged to the boy and felt embarrassed for realizing that too late and said, "S-Sorry!" in a flustered way before turning his gaze to the stairs, his heart beating crazy as his mind panicked when he heard soft approaching footsteps. There was a small variety of clanks against the inside of the sink, tensing up when a presence followed along with it.

"Are you... o...kay...?"

He was too surprised and had to look back to make sure he was right, nearly stumbling back at the realization that they were actually a bit too close. From the way the boy was blushing slightly he was able to assume that he wasn't imagining and that somehow- just somehow- the boy was willing to talk to him now, "Y-Yeah... um- I'm sorry that my fall made you go outside of your house..."

The boy continued to stutter for some kind of wording before closing his mouth shut and blushing a deeper shade than before. Junhui was a bit troubled before remembering something as he took out his phone from the pocket of his trouser and messing with it a bit, "I-If it makes it easier, do you have a phone? It might be more convenient and easier for you..." he hands his phone over to the other, who looks up at it before hesitatingly takes it and click a couple buttons before handing it back to Junhui.

Once Junhui took it, the boy immediately ran back upstairs and the closing of the door to his room echoing throughout the house. He looks down to the new contact he now has.

"'Jeonghan'..." Junhui murmured, as though testing the name with his voice as he heads over to the couch to sit on to text.

Is this Jeonghan?

His phone made a notification sound, looking down at the message he received.

Yeah, I decided to put my name instead of my nickname

Oh, why's that?

I thought it was unfair if I only got to know your real name...

I mean it's not that big of a deal since my nickname is literally only half of my actual name

Well your's isn't as embarrassing as mine

You mean 1004 as in 'Angel'?
It's not embarrassing, I think it''s pretty cute

And that's why it's embarrassing!

Meh

...
Hey, Jun?

Yeah?

I kinda don't like this...

Your nickname's fine

No I mean... I like our way of messaging each other better
You know... with the paper planes and whatever you had on you?
Can we do that instead?

Junhui blinked at the message before smiling at it.

Don't worry, this way of messaging felt weird to me too :P

He heard soft footsteps before there was a soft thump. Junhui looks behind him before standing up and walking over to the bottom of the staircase and sitting against the wall that faced the entrance of the living room, figuring that Jeonghan was sitting at the curb of the staircase where there was a small platform that continued the staircase in a different direction.

When he heard the unmistakable sound of paper hitting against something, he turned his head to see a paper plane with that familiar color. As usual, he picked it up and unfolded it.

As I thought, I like this way better.

He smiled at the message but still had to ask though, "Jeonghan, I don't have my school bag... or more like I don't have anything with me... so like, no fluffy animal stickers..." Junhui waited for a bit until another paper plane came down.

Well as long as you don't climb another tree then it's fine like this.
(P.S. I can see why your nickname isn't Squirrel-nim now)

The junior was pleasantly surprised to see that, laughing, "Hey, what's that suppose to mean?"

And their day just continued like that.