Jan. 3, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Days kept going by monotonously, nearly driving Junhui insane from both boredom and anxiety when he would come back from his repetitious days. He tried to think of good reasons as to why 1004 hadn't left a paper plane in five days, thinking maybe it was a New Years thing but failing to accept that reason due to the fact that New Years was a day filled with lots of people, partying, and loud fireworks- obviously something that 1004 would hate. There was a point where Junhui grew anxioous to the point of thinking the worst possible outcome.

When thinking about it, Junhui had to slap himself on the head, denying that there was no way that something as terrible as that would happen. He had to try to wait more patiently, trying to keep optimism as he steps out the door for school, looking at the house and waiting for a sign of some sort.

"If you're thinking about robbing my house, don't bother, there's security cameras all over the place."

The junior snapped out of it when he heard a girl's voice, looking over to the entrance to see that familiar girl by the entrance, holding her school bag tightly and trying to put on a tough front that didn't work with her cute appearance.

"Oh- er- that's not-! Mm..." Junhui could only stutter at the misunderstanding before thinking that shutting his mouth would be the better answer.

"Just stay away from my place," she glared as she slowly began to leave the house, "If not, I'm going to call the police on you."

He could only sigh after she left with that threat. It looks like he needed to be on the look out even if he wasn't going to give a letter.


Junhui lets a sigh escape from his mouth, rolling around the apple on the lunch table.

"Dude, what's wrong? You've been sighing for five days straight, even at Josh's birthday party," Hansol said before taking a bite out of his sandwich, "Something wrong? Mystery person dump you over a letter or something?"

He glared at his dongsaeng, "Not funny. This is serious."

"Jeez, sorry, I was just trying to lighten up your mood," he held his hand up defensively.

Hansol takes a side glance to their oddly empty table with only them as the occupants as Chan, Soonyoung, and Minghao had been taking supplementary lessons every now and then with Jisoo's status unknown. There was a reflection of sadness in his eyes, "Hyung, you do realize it too, right? Josh has been acting weird lately too, especially when it was his birthday, he kept looking out of his window like he was expecting something to happen. It's starting to bother me because we've all shared our secrets since we're a tight-notch group of friends, so what's making Josh seem so... I don't know, depressed enough to keep a secret this time..."

Seeing that side of Hansol was rare so Junhui's only choice was really to tell him the truth, "They stopped sending out letters."

The younger looks over to Junhui with a confused expression, "Why's that?"

"No clue. I've just been... you know... waiting..." Junhui shakes his head.

"Oh," the word came out rather strained from Hansol, "Sorry about that..."

"L-Let's not assume things for now," Junhui stuttered, "Come on, let's clean up and g-get ready for class."


By the time he was treading that familiar snowy path, he didn't think much of it.

That was until he saw a pastel purple plane sitting alone in the middle of that white path.

Junhui felt his heart beat quickly as he walked over to it to make sure it was real. He picks it up, now able to feel how the paper was crumpled slightly along with being half of its normal size, an uneven edge as one of the sides when he unfolds it out in the cold.

Sorry, I've been dealing with severe moments of PTSD lately...
~ Jan. 3, 20XX                                                                                           

Although the worst didn't come true, it still affected Junhui in a way that it felt like the worst had happened. He lost care for the fact that it felt like his hands would go numb, shuffling through his school bag to find something to write on and ended up using a notebook with a dull pencil.

Are you okay? Well, obviously you're not okay, but don't apologize for something that's out of your control!

He didn't want to wait until tomorrow to give his letter but luckily the window was slightly opened, so he opted for tearing out the page and crumpling it, thinking 1004 might've not been in their room currently. He took a moment to estimate where to aim before toss it and the ball being barely able to make it to the windowsill. Junhui stood still for a moment, watching it sit there until he saw a hand take the ball and squeeze it through the window and velvet green curtains.

There was a quick check behind him to make sure his mom didn't see him and call him in before turning around, seeing a rose paper plane pushed out from the window, flying barely enough to reach outside of the yard. He walks over and picks it up, unfolding the plane that was obviously folded in a hurry.

Still... wasn't it bothersome to wait?                                                                               
Also go back inside, it's too cold out there for you to continue standing there!

Since it seemed like 1004 wouldn't move away from the window, Junhui decided to yell for convenience, "It wasn't bothersome! I was really, REALLY worried about you! And it's fine out here! I've went through colder days before so this is nothing!" He could only silently hope that no one else other than 1004 heard him.

Well, his hope was crushed when the same girl from this morning just so happened to reach home, immediately spotting him on sight.

"Yah! What did I tell you before?!" she yelled with a glare as she stomps over to him.

Junhui quickly stumbles his way, heading back to his house and not being able to wait for the next paper plane. When he slammed the door closed behind him, Fengjun was luckily the only one in the first floor with headphones on as he played a game on his tablet. Although he should scold Fengjun for looking at blue light at night, he was still a bit shaken from the recent events.

He concluded that night that small girls could actually be very scary.