Jan. 14, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

In front of Junhui was a rare sight to see: all of his friends buzzing around his rooms and chatting casually on his bed, ignoring their homework that was at one point placed on the floor due to it taking too much space on the comfortable bed.

"Guys, aren't we off topic?" Junhui sighs but only receives a shrug from Soonyoung.

"C'mon Jun, it's a Saturday and we missed out on a day with you because you fainted and are too sensitive to talk about it or something, but friends should hang out and just have fun on the weekend," he waved it off but Junhui couldn't believe it that easily when his gaze strays over to Jisoo, who's simply curled up slightly in the corner in deep thought.

Soonyoung took quick notice to this and awkwardly laughed it off with a lean that was far enough to cover Jisoo, "A-Anyways, I bet our dongsaengs are hungry, right?"

"I am kinda hungry..." Chan murmured as Minghao nodded in agreement.

"Junhui-hyung, do you have any snacks or something?" Hansol piped up curiously.

Said hyung could only sigh as he pushes himself up to stand up from his chair, "Okay okay, I'll go get you guys snacks, but when I come back with the snacks we better start help you guys study because I know very well that you guys are failing at chemistry."


As he went up the stairs of his house, he lets out yet another sigh since he knew very well how good his friends (except Jisoo and sometimes Minghao) are good at procrastinating with anything possible. Junhui opens the door to his bedroom with small bags of snacks held in his other arm and he did not expect to see whatever it was they were trying to do in his bedroom.

It wouldn't be a lie to say that he was very upset when he saw his friends look up guiltily and terrified as the drawer that held all of the former paper planes opened with the colorful paper scattered across the floor.

"You guys... just what are you doing?" Junhui felt his mouth twitch slightly as the one bag of snacks he held in his hand popped from him being a bit too upset.

"W-Well you see..." was Soonyoung's stuttered response as a few crumbs belonging to that bag had fallen to the floor. Everyone else tried to stutter a response but ultimately failed and they ended up saying, "We were snooping... sorry..." simultaneously as their heads bow down guiltily.

He counted to ten in his head, needing to remember that his friends were- to put it bluntly- complete idiots, before letting out a huff, "Clean this up in 5 seconds and I'll forgive this."

"Wha-?! 5 seconds?!"

"5..."

He watched as his friends scrambled to stuff the papers back into his drawer and closing it shut, barely making it with a second left. Once they messily went back to where they were previously seated with their books and pencils in their laps, Junhui walked with firm steps back to his seat before tossing the snacks into the space in between all of them. Junhui stated, "Okay, let's get on with homework and pretend that never happened."

There was a tense moment of silence before Soonyoung spoke up, "Er- we were just seeing what kind of dirty secrets you held but uh-"

"I said to forget about it."

"I know I know but-"

"It's not like we can forget about it!" Hansol interrupted, "Hyung super-duper please tell us who you've been getter those planes from! You know that I hate secrets!"

"You already know though?" Junhui raised an eyebrow.

"But it seems like you've grown closer to that person! L--Like there was that one letter where they put your name so m-maybe you can tell us more about them...?" Hansol pleaded.

Junhui felt kind of unimpressed by his friends as all of them looked innocently curious as to what he could say before he saw Jisoo, who's gaze was anxious rather than innocent. He knew that this was the first in basically forever since Jisoo actually participated in any of their activities so he could only comply, especially when the older looked so worried.

"Okay... his name is... well, let's make it anonymous and say 'Cheonsa' and I won't give away as to which house he lives in..." that was where Junhui had to pause a bit, wondering as to how exactly to describe Jeonghan.

"Cheonsa is... quiet and he lives in fear everyday. He flinches whenever there's a sudden sound, no matter how small a sound it is and he's insecure about himself... he lacks the ability to speak normally so it's easier for him to talk to me through paper planes...

"He has severa anthropophobia and social anxiety disorder so he's kind of sensitive to having PTSD problems but apart from that... he's like any other normal teenager. Cheonsa likes to joke around, tease, be a bit lazy, and he likes to do a bit of singing- er, I learned that through a paper plane... but I'm pretty sure that he would've fit in fine with us if he wasn't hurt so badly by whoever it was in the past..." Junhui didn't realize his voice had grown softer than it was before he looked up and saw their faces full of guilt.

"Well now I feel even worse," Chan murmured.

Minghao nodded, looking worriedly at Junhui, "Yeah I see better now as to how you would be that mad at us for snooping around your room. This is some really private stuff..."

"I wasn't necessarily mad at you, just really upset because it is really private stuff," Junhui murmured.

"Well if this Cheonsa dude does decide to ever come out, I, the leader of this group, hereby declare that he's free to hang out with us!" Soonyoung smiled, cheering up the mood. Junhui smiled a small sigh as Hansol cheered along before Chan pouted, "Since when were you the leader?"

"C'mon guys, let's face that two dancing students, two students that didn't start off school with fluent Korean, Leonardio DiCaprio, and Mr. Guitar-boy wouldn't ever be grouped together without my help," Soonyoung said pridefully before Minghao pushed Soonyoung off of the bed.

"Ow that hurts!"

"Which part your or your pride?"

"Roasted!"

"Hansollie!"

Junhui laughed as Soonyoung yanked Hansol down to the floor too but also managed to grab Chan to bring him down at the last minute. He was glad when Jisoo chuckled and that the atmosphere felt like it had before.


As they bid goodbye by night time, Junhui made sure that they were actually away from his neighborhood before walking across the street and picking up a small pebble from the lawn that he now had permission to be on from Yewon ever since the tree incident. He saw that the lights belonging to that window was on before throwing that pebble up to clank against the window.

He waited a bit before he saw the window open slightly with a pastel yellow plane coming down. Junhui walks over to grab it.

How was hanging out with your friends?

"It was fun. Do you want to meet them later?" Junhui smiled, waiting for an answer before a blue one came.

I'm sorry Junhui, but I'm not ready yet...  

"It doesn't have to be now. I know that you're scared, but maybe some time in the future or maybe even distant future?" Junhui asked. When he waited, it was longer than the previous one-which he easily figured as to why- before a pale pink plane came down.

Maybe... It sounds really nice...                    

At this response, Junhui felt extremely happy.

"We'll be waiting for you then!"