Feb. 23, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

So quick note to the last chapter which is when Junhui thought 'Oh no', it's meant as in the realization that it's not that he was caught blushing, it was rather that there was the sudden realization for him that it's not just Jeonghan's actions that are cute, but rather Jeonghan himself is cute (as in his heart skipped a beat ;P)


He adjusts his bag slightly, treading through the snow that was still as thick as before as he gets lost in his thoughts. Junhui lets out a sigh when the thought is rather too loose for him to cut off or finish completely before he stops in the street to see something green popping out from the snow at the block next to the one he lives in. The flowers were white like snow yet the stem was a vibrant green when popping out of the snow.

"Are you looking for something?"

Junhui suddenly realized that he had been standing there for a while and looked up to see a familiar woman who was maybe barely middle-aged. The junior couldn't help but stutter a bit, "Er- n-no... I-I was just looking at your flowers..." He could barely recognize the woman and her house as familiar but he didn't know her name or anything else.

She smiles, "Ahh, you mean the snowdrops?"

"Yeah... they're really nice..." Junhui murmurs, feeling awkward for standing by and looking like- well- a creep (as Yewon would probably describe it) again. The woman chuckles and walks over to the plant before plucking a few snow drops from that section of her garden before walking over to Junhui and handing them to him.

"Here, for you," she smiles.

"R-Really...?" Junhui asked before slowly taking them after she nods.

"Go ahead and give them to your lover if you want to though."

The junior blushes, stuttering, "E-Excuse me?!"

"I've seen you at the other block some times. You guys have a charming relationship."

"Er- but-"

"Go on, you can't keep your beloved waiting," she ushers him to turn and start moving across the street, waving goodbye before heading back to her house. Junhui stares at her figure that grows smaller before letting out a sigh and staring at the small bundle of flowers he now had in his hands.

We're not lovers... Junhui pouts before heading over to the yellow house, contemplating on whether he should actually give the snowdrops to Jeonghan or not before he sees the front door open with an unimpressed Yewon standing there.

He knew that by now he had no choice before heading over to the door- to which Yewon wordlessly opened for him to enter. Yewon quickly says, "I'm going out to buy some food for dinner so make sure you don't go deciding to leave the house when I'm not at home," so was the warning this time before heading out and closing the door.

Junhui awkwardly stood there before taking off his bag and placing it to the side along with taking off of his shoes that were wet from the snow. He figured that he would be here for a while, taking out his phone and was about ready to text when he heard soft steps descending from the staircase. Junhui looks up and was a bit surprised to meet eye contact with Jeonghan, who quickly breaks said eye contact and chooses to look down at the ground.

Although it was the same as usual, it was somewhat comforting for Junhui to know that at least Jeonghan was okay being in the same presence as him. Junhui softly walks over to him before holding out the snowdrops to the long-haired boy, hesitating to speak before making sure that he regained his composure, "Um- here. The lady at the block next to our's gave it to me on the way here."

He was barely able to catch Jeonghan's surprised look, watching how the boy reaches out and gently takes hold of the bundle of flowers.

"... They're poisonous though..."

"Wait what?" Junhui asked in surprise at such an odd fact.

Jeonghan went on in a mindless way as he stares at the snowdrops, "The bulb parts are the really poisonous and they get mistaken as onion bulbs if you don't know any better. Large doses of it can cause extreme trembling and convulsions before dea-" it looked like Jeonghan caught himself as he looks extremely flustered before closing his mouth into a thin line.

The junior couldn't help looking at the long-haired boy in a confused way- that was, until the latter spoke up in the weak and hesitant tone that Junhui was always used too, "I-I'm s-s-sorry..."

"Why are you sorry?" Junhui asked, feeling more confused than before.

"...y voi...gusting..."

Junhui had to lean in slightly to ask Jeonghan to repeat before seeing that tears were beginning to prick the latter's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry... m-my v-voice... is d-disgusting..." he choked on his own sob as the tears were theatening to spill. Before Jeonghan could turn and run back to his room, Junhui manages to speak up in time, "I-!... I like your voice..."

A painful sob breaks away from Jeonghan's throat as he begins to cry. Junhui wanted to reach over and wipe his tears away, but even reaching out made Jeonghan flinch away before his fingers could even touch and hug himself tightly, looking even weaker than before.

The words went unspoken.

'Don't touch me.'

He felt deflated at such a sight, unsure as to what to do next, slowly retracting his hand and trying to speak as soft as possible, "Jeonghan, I like your voice. I... I really do..." but the other boy quickly shook his head 'no' as he took small, quiet steps back.

"Take a deep breath for me. Please?" Junhui pleaded, hoping that at least those words made it through. He felt slightly more relieved when he saw Jeonghan take a shaky breath in, gripping the snowdrops tightly as tears still escaped from his eyes that were closed shut for a moment. When Junhui thought it was safe, he was surprised to see that Jeonghan suddenly held out the snowdrops.

'Take them back.'

Junhui was close to taking a hold of them when he reached over hesitantly but pushed against the snowdrops enough for Jeonghan to feel them, "They're a gift. Keep them."

There it was again, the quick shaking of his head without looking up to meet gazes with Junhui.

"You... You said that you wanted to know... if the world changed... didn't you?" he knew he struck something when he barely caught sight of Jeonghan's eyes widening in surprise. He manages to say, "I'm not sure what it was like when you still went out but... I'm sure that it's changed for the better. Everything changes at one point..."

"...ill you...nge too...?"

He blinks as the feeling of the snowdrops flee from his hand.

"Well... I'm not sure if that's for me to say."