Jan. 20, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

When Junhui came back to the neighborhood that day, he didn't expect to see Yewon standing in front of the door to her house, shivering and rubbing her hands together in the weather that was colder than usual. Confused, Junhui walks over to the yellow house over to where the girl stood, who looks up and seems relieved at his presence.

"What are you doing outside right now? It's freezing out here," he asked.

"I was waiting for you..." Yewon murmurs, turning around to open the door that was already unlocked.

Junhui felt more confused at what she said, only knowing to walk into the house when he sees Yewon leaving the door open for him. She lets out a small sneeze as he closes the door and locks it, setting his school bag by the doorway along with unravelling his navy blue scarf in the cozy house.

"So why were you waiting for me?" Junhui asked before quickly adding on, "Er- not to be rude or anything," in fear that she might reply with a glare. He watches as Yewon brews two cups of tea, an unsure look on her face that he wasn't used to seeing.

"... It's happening again..."

The junior took a sip of the tea and asks, "What's happening again?" as Yewon hands him a cup of tea that instantly warmed his hands.

"Oppa's PTSD... for the past three days..." Yewon murmurs enough information that causes Junhui to immediately grow anxious.

"A-Again? I-Is he hurting himself again? Breaking things?" Junhui immediately asks, his gaze drifting to the stairs where he remembered how that day was so simple and calming.

Yewon fiddles with the mug in her hand, "Those moments aren't always violent. It ranges from a variety of things. Acting violent against anything happens from time to time, rare reactions are when he- well, the reactions that happen more often is when he isolates himself more than he already is and he... he has these illusions that plague him for too long- those tend to make him more scared than he already is. Right now he's sufferring from the last one."

"What do you usually do in those type of situations? Because if you're asking me to console him then I'm clueless since I haven't really gone through such things and neither do I know anyone besides Jeonghan with such severe moments..." Junhui murmurs, staring at the tea in the mug he held.

"... It wasn't always like this... I use to be able to comfort him but now... now I don't have any affect on him anymore..." Yewon's voice grew more quiet and insecure, a side that Junhui has never seen up close before. She looks over to Junhui, "But you might by able to be of more use to him... at least, that's what I'm hoping. I don't want this to carry on for the five days or more again so if you're able to help him- maybe even just out of pure luck- I'd really, really appreciate it."

To Junhui, was really sad to see someone who would hold herself so strong to feel so insecure. He places the cup of tea on the coffee table before walking over to the staircase, stopping right before heading up, "Well, you didn't need to tell me that twice. He is someone I'm to now so really, I'd be willing to do anything for him."

"... Farthest room to the right..." Yewon says barely audibly, reaching up to tuck a loose strand of long hair behind her ear.

Junhui follows the instructions, eventually reaching a door that was closed, no sign of light peeking out beneath the door. His footsteps soften signficiantly as he walks closer, knocking on the door quietly.

"G-Go away...!" the voice that he has barely heard of was muffled by the door but even then, Junhui could hear that his voice was more shaky and terrified than that time.

"Jeonghan..." Junhui said softly.

"N-No...! Go away!"

The junior sat down, trying to locate where exactly Jeonghan was within his room soo that if he spoke, it would be to him rather than at him. The most that he could pick up was that Jeonghan wasn't standing up or else Junhui would've heard it as though someone was speaking at his level. Junhui tried to speak again, "Jeonghan, this is Junhui..."

"Stay away...! Don't come any closer! D-Don't touch me!"

He backed away from the door when it seemed like the closer his voice was, the more likely that Jeonghan's PTSD would turn into the violent reaction that Yewon was talking about before. Junhui really was having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to speak comfortably without making the situation worse, "... Okay, I'm away..."

"I... I can't breathe...! E-Everything hurts...! Please help me!"

Junhui noted how what Jeonghan was saying was contradictory but continued trying to find a way to get Jeonghan to speak comfortably with him. He tried his best not to panic and shout when he heard the other hyperventilate, "Jeonghan, I need you to explain your situation... please?"

"E-Everything is dark, a-and there's laughing...! Everyone laughing at m-me! I-It's hurts..."

When he could hear sobbing, Junhui really was stumped as to what to do, feeling a bit angry at himself for not being able to do anything to actually help Jeonghan. He tried to sound reassuring even when he wasn't so confident himself, "I'm coming to help you, and when you hear the door open, I need you to open your eyes, okay?"

"K-Keep the door close...! I-If you don't, e-everything will hurt! St-Stop!"

"Jeonghan, please, I need to help you... Please?" Junhui pleaded. The only respond that he received was a whimper, to which he could only take it as an affirmative to stand up and softly open the door that wasn't locked, slowly opening it and letting light into the room as he saw a curled up figure beside a bed, shaking in fear as he clenches his eyes shut, tears still managing to flow out along with choked sobs.

He walks over to the boy with soft footsteps before sitting down in front of the boy, feeling guilty as the boy flinched as his clothes helplessly shuffled against the floor during this movement, "Can you open your eyes?"

"No...! No no no no no! St-Stay away!" Jeonghan's voice was strained, shuffling backwards as though trying to shrink even more.

Junhui felt helpless at this sight but he knew that he made it farther than Yewon did somehow so he knew very well that he couldn't just stop there. He stood up, trying to find anything that would help before his eyes landed on a desk where paper laid. Junhui walks over to it before noticing that the papers that were currently displayed on the desk were his previous letters. He picked up the first letter that he gave and saw how the bear sticker was still intact on a different area of the paper. Quietly, he shuffles back to where he previously was before holding up the letter with the sticker on it.

"Do you trust me?" Junhui asked but he only received a shiver from the other boy, "Jeonghan, please, if you trust me, then open your eyes... For me?" He was beginning to lose hope as his arms were still in the air with the letter before he saw the boy hesitate in opening his eyes.

When Jeonghan's eyes finally opened, he was surprised, the last of tears falling down his face as he stares at the letter with the bear sticker.

"Jun...hui...?" Jeonghan asked with a hoarse voice, slowly reaching up to take the letter.

"Yes, it's me..." Junhui could finally sigh in relief, a small smile easing onto his face, "Does... it still hurt?"

Slowly, Jeonghan shakes his head, his eyes still on the letter that was in his hands.

"... Do you still need me here...?" Junhui softly asks. He watches how Jeonghan's mouth opens as though to say something before slowly closing. Junhui takes it as his time to leave but suddenly felt a small tug against the sleeve of his blazer, making him turn around and meet surprised gazes with Jeonghan, who looks away guiltily, softly saying, "I'm sorry... but..."

Junhui stares, still a bit surprised, before smiling a small smile as he adjusts himself to sit again.

"It's okay."