May 26, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Nothing too serious (I hope. Tell me to rate the story if you think it's too serious and needs a trigger warning) and it's kind of short, but just something for readers to have an insight on (also because my emotions are everywhere recently :/).


He didn't know how long he was in there for, all he knew was that it hurt.

It hurt.

It hurt.

The tears continued to flow out of his eyes with so much ease that his closed eyes couldn't even stop the continuous streams. His cheeks were wet with tears along with his pants that now had oddly shaped wet patches where his knees were. He knew that his face was probably ugly and swollen, colored an embarrassing shade of red that would be too unsightly for anyone.

For him.

His body was numb by now, the sobs that came out as chokes shaking out of his throat. Everything was scary as he couldn't tell what his surroundings were when his nerves could only focus on how his lungs shook and hurt with every bit of air he tried to take in to breath another sob, how strict his arms went from pulling in his legs as he tried to huddle closer into a ball to feel safe, how his heart beated so quickly that it skipped a beat.

He wanted his heart to stop beating.

He was scared.

He wanted to yell 'help me', 'save me', 'end me'  in no particular order but with each small sip of the stuffy air of his bedroom that was dark from not letting any light in only produced another ugly sob. He couldn't say anything and could only try to huddle into the corner of his bedroom as much as possible.

He didn't know why he was hurting all of a sudden.

Just this morning, he was eating breakfast in the living room as normal before spending his time reading a book on the couch that was borrowed for him when all of a sudden this 'normal' life of his came crashing down in the blink of an eye. His heart went numb, his face couldn't relax into anything except be forced into a deadpan expression, and his eyes burned with that familiar sensation of whenever he remembered something horrible.

He flinched away from a light, worrying touch that was offered to sooth him from pain, as though something as light and feather-like as that would burn through him and intensify the pain that was beginning to spread throughout his body. He couldn't lie and say that he was 'fine', it just felt too plastic for him to do such a thing anymore. Instead, he escaped for a place where no one could reach him because even words to tell others that he was 'hurt' was too much for his small mouth to even spit out.

So he laid there, the pain worsening until numbness with those ugly tears, waiting for them to subside as he tried to empty his mind. When he felt that maybe he was tired from tears, he took long, deep breaths to try to soothe himself as he usually did.

Console himself as normal.

Knocking rang out from his door, making him clamp his mouth shut and squeeze himself tighter if that was even possible, waiting for some sort of muffled voice to come into his room. He was scared of what the voice would say, afraid that he would be blanketed into a false sense of safety yet again.

He decided long ago that he didn't want to feel safe because of others- because those same people would leave and cause his pain sooner or later.

"Jeonghan...?"

Jeonghan's eyes shot open at the soft voice that belonged to Junhui, the boy that would stop no matter what, that boy that suddenly barged into his life. The boy that he trusted, but he couldn't trust himself.

"Please open the door..." the door shifted, the knob making stubborn, harsh clickings and causing Jeonghan to flinch, suddenly realizing that Junhui wants to see him; but he didn't realize that Jeonghan himself didn't want Junhui to see him so pathetic.

No, not again.

"Jeonghan, it's okay... I won't touch you..."

The tears welled up again, tumbling down quickly, making a whimper come from his throat. He wanted to tell him to 'go away' but that would only hurt Junhui again; if he said that he was 'fine', then Junhui would most likely leave, but that would be lying.

"I'm fine..." funny how his mouth that was incapable of speaking out loud decided to spout such nonsense with such a soft yet stable voice.

There was a moment of silence before he heard Junhui's soft voice that suddenly held such a weak and unsure tone say, "Okay..." and shuffling and footsteps grew softer, implying that he left him alone.

His mind went crazy at such actions, his heart squeezing tightly in correspondence to the actions that had hurt a lot more than he thought they would, tears falling and the cycle starting all over again. All he knew was that he would go insane if he spent anymore time with Junhui than necessary. Just that small interaction that he yearned for made him die as he couldn't believe that he just lied to someone he wanted to trust yet just couldn't in fear that the past would just repeat itself.

His feelings screamed for Junhui to come back and save him from this pain that hits him harshly at the most sudden parts of the days whereas his memories screamed for Junhui to stay away and stop tricking him into believing silly things.

Jeonghan couldn't scream.

He could only try to force himself to sleep from the tears that emptied from his heart, to sleep and forget that some invisible force was forcing him to suffer by himself.