Mar. 25, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Have I ever mentioned how annoying it is to find the right font and color because the editor no longer allows proper copying and pasting anymore? (◡‿◡✿)


"Yup, definitely a cold."

Junhui turned to sneezed before sniffling. He really wanted to close the blinds because the sun was too bright for him in the morning but luckily Yewon sighed before getting up and closing the blinds to the window of his room.

"For now, I'd suggest sleeping more. I'm gonna go an check for some medicine in your house," Yewon concluded as she picked up the basin to replace the water.

"Remind me why you're here?" he cringed a bit at how raspy his voice suddenly was just from a night's sleep.

Yewon sighed for probably the nth time from just this morning before quickly counting each reason with her fingers, "Because 1) your mom is a busy woman and needs to work, 2) your little brother has a playdate with his friend and is still too young too take care of you and might catch your cold, meaning 3) no one will be there to take care of you until like 7 or 8 at night so your mom hired me to be your babysitter."

You didn't have to word it like that... Junhui would've sighed if it didn't make his dry throat react in a weird way and lead to him coughing again, "But I'm a junior now," so he said instead.

"Well according to me: a junior that lacks any common sense to stop waiting in the cold at night especially when there's no defined moment as to when the little sister of the guy he likes will come back to let him in and give him hot tea," Yewon said informally before closing the door shut.

Wha-?! Why does everyone think that... Junhui couldn't even tell whether he was too hot or too cold with the fever that came with the cold so he just had to deal with laying in bed, waiting for sleep to take over.


When he woke up, he couldn't tell what time it was what with the blinds to his window being closed but he still reluctantly tried to push himself to sit up. Junhui stopped midway when he heard shuffling and looked down to see a bundle of long black hair. Confused, he reaches over and pulls a strand away to see the sight of a sleeping Jeonghan, a yelp escaping his rough throat out of shock and ended up making the latter stir slightly.

Junhui blinked multiple times, wondering if this was his fever worsening and making illusions for him but soon enough he realized that it was indeed reality as Jeonghan slowly got up and freaked out just like Junhui did not too long ago. The obvious difference was that Jeonghan retreated his gaze to the floor, resulting in his dangling hair to cover his face.

"J-J-J-Jeonghan...?" Junhui was more shocked than confused at the sight of Jeonghan in his bedroom. He didn't really expect a response other than a small nod so he could only continue stuttering, "Wha-?! How...?!"

"I ...as worri..." so was Jeonghan's meek voice.

"B-But you- a-and outside...?!" maybe it was his fever acting up or the shock had really reached him to the extent of speech, but he could only stutter as he couldn't believe the sight before him still.

"Sti... anted to... ...ary..."

He paused to take a breath as he suddenly realized that Jeonghan was trembling- for what reason, he wasn't quite sure. Junhui was about to say something when a coughing fit suddenly occurred, reminding him that he was still terribly sick. When he looked back, he was immediately met with the sight of a cough drop in Jeonghan's hand.

"Thank you..." Junhui says softly but raspily as he grabs it before putting the cough drop into his mouth.

"You said... ...ere for me... so..." Jeonghan continues to mumble on but Junhui got the message quickly, a smile easing onto his face.

"My pen and notebook are over by my desk if you want," Junhui surpressed a cough as he pointed over to the corner of his room. He watched as Jeonghan got up to go grab the notebook and pen laying there before coming back to kneel down, flipping to an empty page before writing in it with his head kept down.

I had Yewon check on you and text back but I was still really worried

"You didn't have to worry that much though, it's only a cold," Junhui said before he sneezed.

Yeah but you've always disregarded your health for me and I was more worried than usual to the point that I was pushed in a sense...

"Pushed to be outside of your comfort zone?" he asked quietly, receiving a small nod in response before Jeonghan continues to write.

It was scary when I was just standing at the door though

I almost had a panic attack in all honesty...

But Yewon led me there and made sure that no one was on the streets nor in the house

I'm pretty sure it was also that when I saw that the curtains were closed to the windows of your house... I guess I put myself in your shoes???

I don't know

It was weird okay

Junhui suddenly realized that Jeonghan's ears were turning red as after quickly scribbling on those last lines and abruptly stopped writing. He didn't mean to speak his mind when he said, "Well thank you... that was very brave and cute of you."

He only realized his mistake when Jeonghan suddenly reached up and pressed the palm of his hand against Junhui's forehead before they met gazes and immediately looked away from each other. Jeonghan murmurs yet it was more loud than usual due to the silent atmosphere, "D-Don't say someth... weird like tha.... g-go to bed... ...r fever is worse than before..."

"S-Sorry..." Junhui couldn't help but comply to the long-haired boy, lying back down in his bed before closing his eyes, his heart beating too loud and fast for him. He couldn't fall asleep right away as he listened to the shuffling sounds in his room before feeling his bangs be pushed away and a cold and damp towel was placed onto his forehead.

"Get better soon, Jun..."