Dec. 29, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

When Junhui was about to walk into the yard belonging to the yellow house, he sees the same girl from yesterday coming out earlier than usual, making him feel a bit anxious when she glances over to his direction. The girl quickly looks away, walking at a fast pace and confusing Junhui as to what he did to be ignored like that, but cnsidering that they're arrival was secretive to their neighborhood, he could guess that she didn't necessarily want to socialize with anyone new.

For some reason, after leaving the letter, there was a small bad feeling. He tried to push it away while sitting on the bus to school but the feeling persisted, even when reaching the yard where he saw only Jisoo standing by the school gate and messing with his phone.

"Hi Jisoo-hyung, where's everyone else?" Junhui greeted as Jisoo looks up and stuff his phone into his pocket, following Junhui to walk into the schoolyard.

"Apparently Chan-ah's and Hansol-ah's chemistry teacher found out the truth and Soonyoung-ah and Minghao-yah are trying to cover for them through more lies- so usual antics," Jisoo said with a shrug.

"Well hopefully they do that or else my sacrifice would've been for nothing," Junhui huffed.

"Minghao-yah would probably be able to guilt-trip the chemistry teacher since he's aware that he's seen as cute at the campus."

"Probably. Oh- this is off topic, but what's 1004?" Junhui nearly forgot to look up about it since he had more homework thn usual to work on that night. Jisoo looks at Junhui confusingly, "'1004'? Well in Korean, it's 'angel'. Where'd you get that from?"

"The person I was talking to, we were talking about names and they said that I should call them 1004 since their old friends use to call them that," suddenly, Junhui noticed that Jisoo had paused. He stops too and turns around, noticing that Jisoo looked oddly shocked.

"Er- is something wrong?" Junhui asked.

Jisoo quickly shook his head, muttering, "N-No, never mind..."

He could figure out that Jisoo was now uncomfortable about continuing the conversation so he could only follow the older quietly, wondering what exactly about that nickname could have possibly made Jisoo avoid the topic.


Junhui reaches his neighborhood, his heart beating in excitement with a little bit of anxiety. He reached the street to only see nothing colorful that stood out from the monochromatic street.

Maybe they're waiting to see me this time... he walks up to the median between his house and the yellow house, stopping and looking over to the window to see that the curtains remained still, showing no sign of recent nor current movement. The boy grew a bit antsy as he stood there until the door to his house opened and his mom yelled at him, wondering why he was standing out in the middle of the cold. Because of this, he was forced to move away, taking one glance back before closing the door behind him, no paper plane in hand.

By the time he reaches his room, he walks over to the window of his room to see that there was still no sign of movement nor a vibrant colored plane laying in the streets. Every now and then while taking breaks from his homework, he would check the window, but once he was done with his homework, he sat there, staring at the paper he couldn't write on since he had no reply yet before going back to the window, simply standing there and watching in a bored but attentive manner.

Time passed by slowly, watching the Eunbi kids walking across the street together with their bags of water bottles and dance practice outfits and that girl walking into the house.

In the end, he didn't have a paper plane that day.