Feb. 14, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

"Finally!" Junhui yelled out as he threw his arms into the air along with his friends that were more than happy to be finished with their project-and-test-filled weeks.

"So what are you gonna do now?"

"Sleep."

"Playing video games!"

His friends continued to rant on and on about how they were gonna spend the rest of their days while Junhui continued to silently stretch. His mind was still busy thinking about how he couldn't talk to Jeonghan longer because of the reason that he was too stressed and spent too many nights simply preparing for a variety of tests and projects. Obviously he felt bad and kind of annoyed with his schedule since the the flooding of work came the day immediately after that certain night. Junhui takes his phone out of his pocket and scrolls through his contacts list. He quickly sends a text message after glancing up to see that his friends were still talking.

Hi :)

Immediately, he gets a reply back.

Omo you're alive!

Yes I am very much so alive

Where've you been?

Tests... and projects... and tests... lots of work...

Oh...
Has it gotten better?

Well it's definitely over now, so we can talk all you want when I get home

Am I really like that?

Considering that I'm the one that always talks no

Not funny Junhui

Sorry
I didn't mean it like that
Um
So anyways
Have you gotten better?

The wait took a while, worrying Junhui that he might've pushed the friendliness limit before Soonyoung suddenly speaks up and catches his attention with, "Who are you texting Jun? Your girlfriend?"

"Dude, no," Junhui deadpanned, really not wanting to deal with the teasing right now.

"Quick, what's his password."

Junhui was barely able to react on time when he didn't realize that Minghao was behind him and snatched his phone and it really was a barely moment considering that he could barely reach the button to turn it off. He lets out a sigh of relief before asking them, "Guys, remember what happened the last time something similar like this happened?"

"Er- right sorry," Soonyoung murmurs, looking as awkward as everyone else as Minghao gave back his phone and murmurs an apology.

How do they forget something like that so easily... Junhui sighs as he stuffs his phone back into his pocket.


Once Junhui sat on the bus and took out his phone to listen to music as usual, he noticed how he was sent consecutive messages and felt the need to slap himself on the head for forgetting to check if Jeonghan had responded during the time that he was chatting with his friends.

I've been fine-ish
It's not like those kind of moments happen on a regular basis
They just kinda happen on important dates for me
...
Junhui?
Jun???
Hello?????
Um
I guess respond when you're not busy...?

Obviously he felt even worse than he did before when he saw the amount of messages left behind and could easily tell that the tone was sad and lonely.

Sorry for the wait
My friends wouldn't stop teasing me

There was yet another moment of wait, which Junhui was pretty sure that it was at least one to two minutes, but it honestly felt like he's been waiter longer than that. He couldn't help but think, When was I this attached? because he really usually wasn't this impatient. When he felt his phone vibrate, he answered the call without thinking twice by accident.

"Hello?" was the automatic response as he held his phone by his ear. When the only response he got in return was silence, he was close to hanging up when there were soft noises of something shuffling.

"U-Um... I... m-miss you..."

The call suddenly hung up, but Junhui's mind was already blank when he heard that familiar voice. He partially covered his face, knowing very well that he was blushing telling by how warm his face was.

W...What was that? That was really unfair...


When Junhui stopped at the street that separated their houses, he glanced up at the house and saw that the light was on but the window was closed. Simply staring at it made his face warm up as he remembers the phone call on his way to the bus.

Believe him when he wanted to say something but it didn't feel like any sound would come out so he simply closes his mouth. He really did feel flustered at such a sudden thing because it wasn't unwelcomed but it was shocking.

And really cute...

"What are you doing standing out here?"

Junhui snapped out of his daze and turns to look at Yewon, who was staring up at him suspiciously, "And why are you blushing like an idiot?"

"O-Oh, um..." Junhui couldn't really answer that, opting to pull up his scarf to hopefully cover a majority of his face and glancing away. Yewon continued to make him uncomfortable with her stare before letting out a sigh, "I'll figure out what the hell you did with oppa later. Are you coming over or not?"

"W-Well-"

"Stuttering won't help here. You really only have two options: accept my invite or tell me the truth because you do know that I won't let you off the hook the next morning right?"

Never before has Junhui both loved and hated the fact that he was neighbors with the Yoon siblings.

"Okay- er- how to say it... not embarrassingly..." Junhui felt more than awkward telling Jeonghan's younger sister about this, "Your brother... he did something... really... really... c-cute..."

Yewon just stared at him in an unimpressed way, "Dude, two months."

"H-Hey! I'm not saying that I'm falling in love with him! J-Just that he did something cute..." Junhui's protest had deteriorated very slowly into a mumble.

"Not like I would let you do something like that with oppa in the first place. Now hurry up and head inside before you catch a fever and go make oppa worry about you again like the time you broke our tree," Yewon said, waving goodbye before turning to head inside.

She practically ignored me about my statement! Junhui grumbled a bit behind his scarf before looking up to the window and was shocked to see that the curtains weren't closed and just for a moment, his gaze met Jeonghan's.

The long-haired boy's face turns red, flickering his gaze between meeting Junhui's and looking away before eventually closing the curtains with a final glimpse of his flustered face. That was where he suddenly felt flustered himself and Junhui could only think:

Oh no...