Dec. 27, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Warning: awkward Junhui with a not-so-serious chapter... I don't know how else to word it...


He treads out of his house again for school and his gaze immediately lands on that obnoxiously yellow house. Junhui lets out a groan of frustration as he feels the paper laying in the pocket of his blazer still.

The only thing that kept him from giving that letter was doubt like "what if they don't respond?", "what if they think I'm a stalker?", etc. Well, it's been too long since he wrote it so with barely enough courage he walks across the street and doesn't step on the yard, picking up a loose pebble before throwing it at the window that he saw where someone threw that paper plane.

Junhui was about to throw another pebble but he saw the curtains move slightly, barely able to make out a figure thanks to the glare of sunlight reflecting on the window, before the curtain abruptly shut. He lets out a sigh, taking a look around as he walks onto the yard (knowing very well that this was kinda illegal), scratching the back of his head before settling with climbing up the tree and perching precariously on a branch that extended enough to reach the window.

After shuffling through his backpack for something that had adhesive before his fingers brushed against a stack of sticky notes. It was the only thing he could find on the spot so he had to deal with it. He peeled off a sticky note and sticks the paper he had onto half of it and sticking it onto the window.

So he was done with that... now to figure out how to get off of this tree without others seeing him accidentally tumble down from it.


"Dude, did you get attacked by a squirrel or something?" so was Hansol's first comment when Junhui finally got to school.

"Listen, I don't want to hear that from someone who I had to take the fall for because they didn't understand how to do a lab for chemistry," Junhui huffed indignantly as Jisoo picks out leaves from his hair. Hansol and Chan bother look away from him guiltily.

"Now now Jun, don't get so sour about it," Soonyoung commented, patting the taller on the back, who only responded with, "Well would you be okay with detention and writing the same sentence 100 times?"

"... No..."

"And that's my point," Junhui mumbled.

"But Hansol-ah has a good point, what happened?" Minghao asked.

This was where Junhui stuttered a bit as to how to answer that, "Um... dr-dropping off a letter...?"

"And you got attacked by a squirrel during the process of it?" Hansol just had to bring back before shutting up when Junhui sent him a glare.

"Or maybe Jun was leaving a love letter for that classmate Yerin~?" Soonyoung teased, creating a moment for Junhui to really contemplate on whether to tell them the truth or not, one of his reasonings consisting of them probably teasing them for having a crush on mystery person instead of Yerin.

"Guys I think that's enough."

Well at least Jisoo is on my side-

"He might not swing that way-"

"HYUNG!"


After continuous teasing and an hour of detention, Junhui was just as tired as last friday as he treads through the snow covered streets of his neighborhood. The familiar scene at least reminds him to stop in the street at his house before looking at the obnoxious yellow house, and was at least glad to see that the letter was gone.

Whoever it is seems afraid of me though, so who knows whether he got it or the wind got to it first... Junhui lets out a sigh, turning around when he heard something crumple beneath his foot. He looks down to see a sky blue paper plane at the same time he heard a window slam shut from a far.

I guess I'll never understand them though... at the very least though, Junhui was glad that there was some sort of process: a response and some sort of identification that that person could go by. He reaches down and picks up the plane that was now slightly crumpled with a foot print on it before heading into the warmth of his home, somewhat anxious as to what could have been written on the plane as he settles down in his room and began unfolding it.

Oh, um... not so well... Who are you?
~ Dec. 27, 20XX                                      

He blinks a few times at the last sentence, remembering that they were still practically complete strangers to each other. Junhui grabs a loose piece of paper lying around on his desk along with a blue pen.

Around five minutes passed before Junhui could admit that he really likes to unintentionally overthink things. He sighed, settling for something simple.

I'm that squirrel who climbed onto your tree to deliver a letter with a teddy bear sticker on it.
~ Dec. 27, 20XX                                                                        
                                                                            

Junhui cringed a bit, realizing that that was not simple at all, but hey, whoever wrote the letters obviously needed a bit of optimism in their life- so Junhui wanted to think before settling down on the idea that this was really embarrassing for someone who's in their junior year of high school. Quickly he scribbles more writing at the bottom of the letter.

P.S. I am so sorry for that response but I don't have fancy white ink or anything like that and scribbling it out will make the latter look messy and... you know what, let's just say that half of that is true...

Well, he'll have to deal with giving the letter tomorrow morning knowing fully well that next morning will be something that will probably be the most embarrassing moment of his life. Junhui really couldn't prepare himself for that and had to settle with groaning into his hand after folding the paper and placing a sticker of a bunny on it. Again, this is embarrassing for a junior like him, especially if whoever he's responding too is a grown up or something like that.