Jan. 4, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

When Junhui walked out of his house, he did not expect the girl from yesterday sitting on the doorsteps to her house, staring at him suspiciously. He walked a few more steps into the street that separated their houses, glancing up to the window for anything before looking back at the girl.

"Um- hi?" what else was he suppose to say other than that? It was really awkward, especially when she just kept staring at him. That was when it clicked in his head, "You're not actually going to stare at me until I leave this neighborhood... are you...?"

"Yes I am, Robber-nim," she huffed as she stood up and dusted off the back of her skirt, "In fact, I'll be following you until you get to your transportation stop."

Oh boy... Junhui could only awkwardly laugh while cringing a bit. He didn't realize that the girl could be this paranoid about the house that he said before that he wasn't going to steal from. It only got more awkward when she meant that seriously as she followed slightly behind him on the path to the bus stop for the public bus.

"Sooo what's your name?" he felt like it would grow worse if they kept silence.

"Why should I tell you?"

Great, now she's sassing me... "It's not like I'm using it for fishy stuff! It's basic info, isn't it?"

She pondered over it a bit before murmuring, "Yoon Yewon..."

"Wen Junhui. There, it's fair if I tell mine too, okay?"

"Well now I have a name to tell the police if they come."

He lets out a sigh, being able to tell that this girl really did try her best to act tough. Junhui glances back at Yewon, "Listen, I'm just trying to be friendly with you so that you don't keep suspecting me of wanting to thieve your house," they eventually reach the sign that marked the bus stop and stood there.

"Then tell me the truth and I might believe why you were screaming at my house last night," Yewon crossed her arms.

"I was talking to 1004, okay?"

"'Angel'?"

"Whoever lives up there on the second floor in the corner room of the house. I've been talking to them lately," Junhui hoped that that would make Yewon leave him alone but that only seemed to have made it worse when her shocked expression changed to one where her eyes narrowed at him.

"What do you mean you've been talking to my brother? That's impossible, he has severe anthropophobia and social anxiety disorder," Yewon said before gasping in what seemed to be realization and angrily shouting, "You're the one that caused his PTSD to react so badly for the past couple days!"

"I-"

"How dare you do that! He didn't eat at all and tried to destroy everything possible in his room! I could barely see and touch him for those days unless I wanted to get hurt and make him go through an even more stressful reaction!"

Luckily, the bus came by and Junhui was forced to get on the bus, seeing how Yewon was too blinded by anger to even realize that the bus had came and to let Junhui speak a single word. Even though he was able to get away, her words lingered in his mind.

Was I... Was I really the cause of that?


Junhui walked with heavy steps that day, especially when he reached his neighborhood and spotted a mint green paper plane on the ground. When he reaches it to pick it up, he looks over to the yellow house and saw that the window was slightly opened. His gaze lingers on the house before he goes ahead and unflod the plane to read the letter inside.

Sorry if Yewon-ah caused you trouble. I tried my best to stop her but she wouldn't listen.

"Well she did cause a bit of trouble, but I know that she has good intentions!" Junhui said loudly. He stared at the window, guilt eating away at him and barely being able to ask, "Did I... cause your moments of PTSD?"

He figured that 1004 couldn't hear that, making him let out a huff when there was no indication of anything being added onto that. Junhui was about to head into his house when he suddenly saw something he thought he wouldn't see: a hand, obviously trembling from fear, motioning for him to come closer.

The junior gaped at the movement before gulping, walking over to the tree that he use to go to so often, watching how the hand immediately disappeared once he started climbing up the tree. He carefully climbs over to thhe branch that leaned enough so that there was an arm's width of space from the tree to the window.

Faint scratching of pen against paper could be heard before he saw the edge of pastel orange paper come out of the window.

What did you say? I couldn't hear...                     

"Oh... er- I asked... if I was the one who caused... you know..." the words got caught in his throat, his heart beating a bit too loudly and making it feel like his heart got caught in his throat too. He barely paid attention to the odd sound beneath him but even then he forgot about it quickly.

The paper was pulled back in with the same sound of pen scratching against paper before it comes out again, a sentence above the previous one.

I can't tell you... sorry... Maybe a different day?

Junhui smiled in a helpless manner, "Yeah, I would've figured, and don't apologize for it, I'm just trying to make sure that I don't cause it agai-" he realized too late that the weird sound from before was the branch beneath him cracking from his weight and eventually snapping off.

All of a sudden, he was falling, being able to hear the sound of the window being clanked against something before his impact was barely softened by the bush by the house. It still hurt nonetheless, letting out a groan of pain after the world out for a moment before he looked up and he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Out of the window, was a boy with long hair, panic obvious on his face as he remains frozen with his arm extended down towards Junhui.