Dec. 10, 20XX

Of Paper Planes and Paper Hearts

Yewon walks up the steps of the new house, taking a turn into the hallway and reaching a plain door across from her own door where a wooden sign was strung up with plastic flowers bordering it. She knocks on the door, softly calling out, "Oppa, are you going to come out?"

"... No..."

A small, worried sigh escapes from her, "Are... Are you ever going to come out again...?"

"... I'm not ready yet..."

You havn't been ready for the past four years... Yewon doesn't dare to voice out that concern, knowing that it would only hurt her brother further. She chooses to ask him to do something else, "Can you at least come into the living room to eat breakfast with me? Moving must have been tiring so you're probably hungry, right? I'll close all of the blinds and lock the door if you do..."

"... Sorry, you must be hungry... Give me a few seconds to head out..."

She smiles at hearing that, "Okay! I'll be back soon!" she couldn't help but let the excitement show through her voice, managing to find some sort of progress before hurriedly heading downstairs to close the blinds.

Inside the room, he lets out a sigh as he stares at the pile of colorful pieces of paper that have stacked up. He gazes at them pitifully before looking down at the pastel purple one who just wrote on. He grabs the paper, close to ripping it before shakily putting the paper back.

"I-I can't do that... I have to find a different way..."