Chapter 9

The Soul Mates

After bringing in the grocery and putting them where they belong, Taeyeon was getting ready to leave.

“Where are you going?” Changmin asked as he put the milk carton into the refrigerator.

“Home.” Taeyeon answered awkwardly.

Changmin closed the refrigerator door and turned to her. She was already walking out of the kitchen. He quickly ran after her and stopped her from walking out of the front door.

She looked up at him. “What is it?”

“Do you have to leave?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I think it’s better if I do.”

“Why…” Changmin asked while blocking the door with his arms and body.

“Because, if Jessica finds out then I’m going to be in big trouble.”

“She doesn’t have to know you’re here. And who cares if she does, she’s not your mother.” Changmin stated.

Taeyeon nodded in agreement. “But she’s my cousin, which means that her mother is my aunt. And if Jessica tells my aunt then I’m going to have to go back home.”

Changmin continued to stare at her. “I think it’s time for you to tell me a little bit about yourself. “

“Like what?”

“Like your family.” Changmin answered.

Taeyeon grew stiff, she didn’t want to talk about her family but she decided to tell him anyway. “I live in a one story house, probably only half the size of your house. My father died a few years ago. I have three sisters and we help my mom with the farm. We go to the farmers market and sell things there, that’s how we get money. And I don’t have nice clothes, these aren’t mine.” Taeyeon said as she pointed to the outfit she was wearing. “My aunt is a designer, and the outfits she doesn’t want she stores them in a spare room. Krystal is kind enough to lend me some clothes there. I don’t even belong here, I don’t understand why you want me.”

“Okay, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I don’t like girls like Jessica or the girls in my neighborhood. They only depend on money and thee don’t realize that they can go bankrupt at any moment.” Changmin affirmed.

“But don’t you want at least a decent person?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Are you talking about looks?”

“That’s part of it.” Taeyeon replied.

“You’re more than decent.” Changmin answered.

Taeyeon stood there shocked like how she was when their lips came in contact. She was surprised at how open Changmin was. When she first met him he was so quiet and to himself.

“And I could care less about the money or life you have.” He added.

Taeyeon was quite happy that Changmin accepted who she really is, but she was also sad because she thought about how Jessica warned her to stay away from Changmin.

“What’s wrong?” Changmin asked as he started to move towards her.

She shook her head and pretended like nothing was on her mind. “I’m fine.”

“Taeyeon, you can tell me anything, you know that right?” Changmin asked as he looked down at her.

She looked up at him and smiled. “Yeah.”

“So if I asked you a question will you be honest with me?”

Taeyeon nodded. “What is it?”

Changmin inhaled then exhaled some air. “Would you ever give us a chance?”

Taeyeon’s eyes slowly dropped down to her feet. “Honestly, yes, but I don’t think we could ever be together.” She mumbled.

“Why?” Changmin asked worriedly.

She looked up at him and let out a soft sigh. “Well for one, our height.”

“The height doesn’t matter.” Changmin replied while shaking his head ‘no’.

Taeyeon giggled before continuing. “Second, we live in different worlds.”

Changmin raised an eyebrow. “What world do you live in? I’ll move there.”

“Thirdly, Jessica.”

“What about her?”

“She likes you…..” Taeyeon whispered softly.

Changmin gave her a nod. “I know, but I don’t like her. I never did and I never will. Why do you want us to be together anyway?”

“I don’t.” Taeyeon answered truthfully. “I-I-“

“You what?”

“I just can’t do this to her.” She answered.

“Why? Isn’t she cold towards you?” He questioned. Taeyeon slowly nodded. “Then who cares about what she wants. A relationship can’t happen unless the both of them have feelings for each other.”

“Unless it’s a fake relationship.” Taeyeon muttered.

“But ours won’t be.”

When Changmin said that sentence, Taeyeon’s eyes were fixed on him. “What? We aren’t in a relationship yet.”

“Then……” Changmin started. “Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah_thien - Haha thanks.

nallym - Yeah, Taeyeon's a shortie lol.