Through With It

The Soul Mates

“Taeyeon, where’s Changmin?” Yoobin asked while walking into the room to find all of Changmin’s things gone.

Taeyeon looked up from her ring while wiping some tears away. “Uh….he had to go back home for a while.”

Yoobin walked up to the bed and sat on the edge while wrapping her arms around Taeyeon. “Why?” 

“His mom came….let’s just say that she’s not very fond of me.” Taeyeon answered while getting up from the bed.

“You really like him huh?” Yoobin questioned with her head tilted to the side.

Taeyeon turned to her older sister and nodded. “Very much; he was the reason why I was able to wake up every morning although I would see Jessica’s face.”

“Why did you let him leave?”

Taeyeon looked out of the bedroom window and sighed. “If I love him, I should let him walk away. If he comes back then he loves me too.”

A soft smile formed on Yoobin’s face as she walked to her sister. She threw her arms around Taeyeon and hugged her tightly while rubbing her back. “He’ll come back.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~With Changmin and His Family~

Changmin and his mother both arrived at their house later on that day. His mother stormed up the steps with him following behind sluggishly.

When the two of them entered the house, the rest of the family was there waiting for them. Sulli and Dana were both looking down at their feet ashamed of what was going to happen. Mr. Shim was standing in between the two of them and had his hands behind his back.

Changmin walked in and automatically felt the tension roaming around in the room.

Mrs. Shim walked up to his father and whispered something to him. Dana and Sulli heard and snapped their heads up to look at Changmin with a worried face. Changmin ignored their stares and only paid attention to his father’s reaction. Mr. Shim’s eyes slowly grew wide with sorrow. You could tell that he didn’t want to say whatever Mrs. Shim wanted him to say.

Mrs. Shim backed away and turned to Changmin giving him a evil smirk. Changmin scoffed at her and returned his gaze to his father. “Changmin…” Mr. Shim started. “Your mother and I’ve decided to get rid of the horse barn.”

Changmin was shocked but he didn’t take his father’s words too seriously. He knew that his father didn’t actually agree to this. “No you didn’t decide this! You didn’t agree to it!” He yelled out while taking a step closer to his father. “Why are you always like this? You always let mom have her own way and that’s why she thinks she’s the queen of Korea!”

A smile of happiness crawled up to Dana’s face. She was so happy to hear Changmin finally speaking out.

“Son I-“

Mr. Shim was interrupted by his fuming son. “No, it’s my turn to speak and it’s your turn to listen.” Changmin said while pointing at all of his family members. “You don’t know what the two of you have put me through.” He said to his father. “You’ve put me under a lot of stress with this whole marriage with Jessica. I’ve known that I’ve had to marry Jessica since I was young. This ‘image’ that I have to keep just because you two are one of the richest people in this town also put me under a lot of stress. I never got the chance to actually be myself. I’m like some robot that you guys made.”

He paused for a few moments only to see his mother and father speechless. He soon continued on to what he was saying.

“I know that you don’t want to actually get rid of the horse barn. You’re just too afraid of telling that to mom. Maybe if you’d stick up for yourself and your kids you’d actually be happy.”

Mr. Shim took in Changmin’s words carefully and deeply.

“Dad…” Dana started from the side. “I know that you want what’s best for us, but sometimes you’re giving us something that we know isn’t right. It puts us under a lot of pressure. Changmin is fighting to get out of mom’s grasp.”

“Dana! Stop interfering with this situation!” Mrs. Shim shouted out in furry.

Dana turned to look at her mom with a cold glare. “No mom! You need to stop interfering with our lives. You’re only messing with our lives because you have nothing better to do. Go get your own life and stop living through ours!”

Dana’s words caused Mrs. Shim to gasp in shock. Sulli and Changmin were also shocked from their older sister’s words.

She turned back to her father. “You want us to be happy right? Then please just allow Changmin to be with the one that makes him happy. If something goes wrong then he’ll get the consequences. Dad I was never strong enough to stand up to you and mom about the marriage between Yoochun and I. But I love Yoochun because he’s not some stuck up snobby little girl. He actually cares about me! Jessica on the other hand will never care for Changmin the same way Taeyeon will.”

After Dana finished, Sulli decided to speak up. “Dad, I’ve never seen Changmin so happy before. He’s always been the one who would stay in his little shell. Taeyeon’s the only one who can make him come out. Are you really going to let mom ruin your son’s happiness and life? I shouldn’t be thinking about this but are you going to allow mom to ruin my life too?”

Mr. Shim looked down at his little girl, then back to Dana, and then to Changmin. His son was standing in front of him with a look of anger, sadness, and hope. He thought about all of the things his children have said to him. He wanted what was right for them, but at the same time, he wanted them to be happy. His three children made him think twice about his wife. He took a deep breath and walked up to Mrs. Shim. “I’m not going to let you destroy the horse barn. I’m also not going to let you destroy my children’s lives.”

“What!” Mrs. Shim shouted out as she was alarmed by her husband.

“Dana, Sulli, and Changmin are right. You’re their mother and you’re bossing them around like their animals. I don’t want that for my wife.” Mr. Shim said while finally having the courage to say something to the evil witch. “I want a divorce.”

Dana’s, Changmin’s, and Sulli’s eyes all widened in surprise. They looked at one another with a smile of relief.

“What! You want a divorce!” Mrs. Shim yelled out while flailing her arms around.

“Yes.” Mr. Shim answered. “This has gone on for way too long. I’m tired of it. I’ll get the papers as soon as possible.”

Mrs. Shim grunted and turned to her kids. “How can you guys do this to me? I’m the one who gave birth to you and raised you!”

“Yes, and we appreciate that, but what you’re planning to do to us in the future is not right.” Dana stated.

“We’re tired of it.” added Sulli.

“I’m through with having you as my mother.” Changmin said with a clenched jaw. He knew that she would always be his mother, but he wasn’t planning to call her his mother any time soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ The next chapter is going to be the LAST chapter!

TaeJaeLove - Yeah, she's a !

ah_thien - It's okay, I hate Mrs. Shim too!

sjlovessuju - Haha, they really appreciate your support! ;)

rosesone - You're welcome!