Chapter 3

The Soul Mates

~Sorry this chapter isn't as long as the others~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now morning and Taeyeon was having a nice sleep in her comfy bed.

She woke up from the sunlight and rubbed her eyes. She uncovered herself from the blankets and got up to stretch.

"Aw, it's so pretty out." She said in awe while she looked out of her window.

All of a sudden she heard a knock on her door. "Come in!" She yelled.

Her door opened little by little until she could see her little cousin peeping her head through the crack. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Krystal asked.

Taeyeon shook her head. "Nope, I woke up a couple of minutes ago."

Krystal nodded and walked in. She closed the door behind her. "So....I was wondering if you wanted to come to my friends house with me."

Taeyeon looked at her surprised. "Me? Why?"

Her cousin shrugged. "I don't know, I thought that maybe since you have nothing to do you would come and hang out with me."

"I would love to, but wouldn't your friends wonder why I'm hanging out with people five years younger than me?" Taeyeon asked.

"No..." Krystal replied while shaking her head. "Sulli wouldn't mind. She welcomes everyone."

"Sulli?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Yeah, Shim Sulli. She's a good friend of mine." Krystal answered.

"Um....alright. I guess I could go."

"Yes!" Krystal yelled in excitement. "Alright, I'll let you get ready. We'll be leaving in 30 minutes."

Krystal opened the  door and walked outside leaving Taeyeon to change.

"What are you doing?" Jessica asked while looking at her younger sister.

"I was talking to Taeyeon." Krystal answered.

Her older sister rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She walked away without saying another word.

Krystal glared at Jessica's back. Even though she loved her older sister, she just couldn't stand her sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later Krystal and Taeyeon had reached Sulli's house.

"Is she the only child?" Taeyeon asked.

Krystal shook her head. "Nope, her older sister is Dana and she has an older brother too."

"Oh....."

Krystal walked up to the front door and rung the doorbell. They both waited for someone to answer the door.

A few moments later someone answered the door.

"Hello Krystal....."

"Hey Mrs. Lee." Krystal said in a sweet voice. "Is Sulli home?"

"Yes she is...." Mrs. Lee answered with her sweet smile. "Come on in..."

Krystal and Taeyeon both walked in.

"I'll go and tell Sulli you're here." Mrs. Lee said. She bowed to the two young ladies and left.

"Who is she?" Taeyeon asked. She noticed how Mrs. Lee had on a maid's outfit.

"Oh....she's the Shim's housekeeper."

Taeyeon nodded understandingly. 'Of course they would need a housekeeper.' She thought.

"Krystal!" A young voice called out.

"Sulli!" Krystal called back.

Taeyeon looked up and saw a young looking girl standing on the top of the staircase. She ran down the stairs and towards Taeyone and Krystal.

"Is this your cousin?" She asked while staring at Taeyeon.

"Yes....." Krystal answered.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Shim Sulli." Sulli said while she bowed.

Taeyeon bowed back. "I'm Kim Taeyeon, it's nice to meet you."

"Why don't we go and sit in the family room?" Sulli suggested.

Taeyeon and Krystal nodded and followed Sulli into the family room.

"Krystal, let's go get some drinks."

Krystal nodded and walked into the kitchen with Sulli leaving Taeyeon by herself.

Taeyeon looked around and saw tons of pictures up on the shelves. She walked to a nearby shelf and looked at all of the pictures. Her eyes slowly moved from one picture to another until a certain picture caught her eye.

It was a picture of a young gentleman standing next to a horse. He didn't look friendly at all.

Taeyeon stared at it for a few minutes until she heard some footsteps. She turned around and saw a young man staring at her. It was the same man in the picture. 'He's even more handsome than he is in the picture.' Taeyeon thought. She quickly bowed. She watched him nod and walk away.

"Changmin wait!" Someone yelled.

Taeyeon saw another young man running after the boy called Changmin.

"Oh....are you new here?" The young man asked as he noticed Taeyeon standing by herself looking quite confused.

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and nodded. "How did you know?"

"I haven't seen you around here before." He answered while taking a step closer towards her. "My name is Kim Jaejoong. Yours?"

"Kim Taeyeon....."

Jaejoong smiled. "It's nice to meet you Taeyeon....."

A smile crawled up to Taeyeon's face. "Same here....."

"So, why are you here?" Jaejoong questioned politely.

"I'm actually here to spend time with my cousins."

"Who are your cousins?" Jaejoong asked. He was so interested in Taeyeon that he forgot about his friend Changmin.

"Jessica and Krystal Jung" Taeyeon answered.

"You're cousins with Jessica? I don't believe that. You seem so nice and polite." Jaejoong said shocked at her being related to Jessica.

Taeyeon giggled. "You think Jessica's rude and mean?"

Jaejoong's yes widened and he quickly shook his head. "No, of course not!"

Taeyeon could tell he was lying. "Don't worry, I won't tell her."

"Jaejoong, Changming needs you." Sulli said while she walked in with two glasses of water.

Jaejoong turned around and gave Sulli a smile. "Hey Sulli....."

"Hi...." Sulli said while she blushed.

Jaejoong turned back to Taeyeon and apologized. "I'm sorry but I have to go. I hope to see you around."

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes...I hope to see you around also." She watched Jaejoong walk out of the family room.

"You're attracted to him huh?" Sulli questioned. She had a smirk on her face.

Taeyeon turned to her and shook her head. "No......"

"Sure..." Sulli said. She didn't believe her one bit. "Here's your water."

Taeyeon took the glass and took a sip of the water. "So, is Changmin your brother?"

Sulli nodded. "Yes....he's very independent."

"Alright, I'm here." Krystal said while she came in with a nice cold glass of water. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing...." Taeyeon and Sulli said in unison.

"Come and sit down!" Sulli said to Krystal.

Krystal nodded and sat down on the couch next to Sulli.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few moments later Taeyeon had to go use the restroom. Sulli told her to use the one upstairs so she went upstairs looking for it.

There were so many doors that Taeyeon didn't know which one to open. She tried several doors but all of the ones she tried ended up being locked.

She gave up on her fifth door. "Ugh!"

"What are you doing?" Someone questioned from behind.

Taeyeon spun around. She saw Changmin standing there looking at her. "I was looking for the bathroom."

"It's over there..." Changmin said while pointing to a door that had a sign saying 'Wash Room'.

Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes in embarrassment. "I'm sorry." She apologized.

She started to walk towards the washroom. "Wait...." Changmin called out.

She turned around and waited for him to continue.

"Never mind."

Changmin turned back around and walked into a room. Taeyeon guessed that it was probably his bedroom.

When he walked away she had this urge to call out after him. She wanted to know why he called her back. There was something that made her want to keep talking to him even though she couldn't have eye contact with him for more than three seconds. She couldn't help that his dark eyes looked mean and scary.