Going Back Home

The Soul Mates

~The Next Morning with the Shims~

“Sulli!” Mrs. Shim yelled out while running into her youngest daughter’s room. She pulled the covers off of the little one and shook her to wake up. “Sulli!” She yelled out again.

“What?” Sulli groaned with her eyes slightly opened.

“Where’s Changmin?” Mrs. Shim questioned while staring at her daughter with dark and stern eyes.

Sulli’s eyes completely opened. She sat up in bed but tried to make it look normal and not so obvious. “He’s probably with Jaejoong oppa.”

“I already called their house. Mrs. Kim said that Changmin was never over at their house.” Mrs. Shim replied while crossing her arms over her chest.

Sulli suddenly felt like a nervous wreck. “Well then I don’t know where he is.”

“Mom?” Someone called out from the doorway. Mrs. Shim spun around to find her oldest child Dana standing there staring at her younger sister. “What’s going on?” She questioned while walking towards Sulli who had a facial expression calling out for help.

“Where’s Changmin?” Mrs. Shim asked while giving Dana the same exact intense stare she gave Sulli.

Dana hesitantly replied. “He’s probably at Jaejoong’s house.”

“Sulli already tried that. I called their house and Changmin was never there.”  Dana and Sulli looked at one another. “Where’s Changmin?” Mrs. Shim repeated for the last time.

“I don’t know.” answered Dana.

“What do you mean you don’t know? I know that the both of you are lying to me!” Mrs. Shim exclaimed while stomping her feet in anger. Sulli slightly flinched from the sudden movements her mother made. “Now tell me the truth!”

“Mom, he’s fine!” Dana yelled out. She was trying to defend and look out for her one and only younger brother. Him leaving with Taeyeon was also her idea.

“I didn’t ask if he’s fine or not. I asked where he was.”

Dana looked at her mom with pity until Sulli finally cracked. “He left with Taeyeon.”

“What?!?” Mrs. Shim yelled out.

Dana quickly shot her younger sister a glare. “Why did you say that?”

“I had to. She was freaking me out.” Sulli whispered.

“You two are in very big trouble!” Mrs. Shim shouted before walking out of Sulli’s room to book a flight to Taeyeon’s home town.

“Changmin’s in deep trouble.” Sulli mumbled in fright.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon walked outside to water the flowers when a black but shiny car stopped in front of the house. She looked up and saw a lady walk out. She gasped when she noticed who it was.

“You!” The lady shouted while pointing her scrawny index finger at her. Taeyeon’s heart beat started to race and she felt a bit scared. “You think that you can just prance your little into my son’s life and then take him away from his priorities?!?”

Taeyeon opened to speak while shaking her head denying everything Mrs. Shim just said. “No I-“

“Oh shut your mouth!” Mrs. Shim snapped in anger. “Changmin wouldn’t even be here if you didn’t brainwash him! Instead, he’d be marrying his future wife!”

Taeyeon’s heart started to ache when Mrs. Shim talked about Changmin’s future wife.

“Taeyeon I-mom?” Changmin said as his body tensed up. His fists were also clenched into fists.

“Changmin, what are you doing here? Running away from home? Pack your things and let’s get going!” Mrs. Shim yelled out.

Changmin ignored her and walked over to Taeyeon. “Go inside.” He whispered while pulling on her arm to make her go inside. She tried to refuse but slowly caved in to Changmin’s eyes of plead. She walked inside but looked out of the window nearby. “I’m not going home.”

“Who says so? I am your mother!” Mrs. Shim shouted out. She didn’t care if she made a scene for everyone in the neighborhood to see.

“You’re my mother but you don’t care for me. You don’t care about what I want. You make me do things that are only for your benefit!” Changmin yelled out at her.

“That is not true.” Mrs. Shim replied.

“Yes it is! You can even ask Dana and Sulli. You’re doing the same thing for everyone and that is planning their lives for them. You better be glad that Dana actually liked Yoochun.” Changmin said with fire burning in his eyes.

His mother gasped at him in shock. “Changmin! Come home with me now!”

“No.” said Changmin. “You care for no one but yourself; you don’t even care for dad.”

“Enough! You have no right to speak to me that way; I am your mother!”

“How I wish you weren’t.”

“Oh…” Mrs. Shim said while crossing her arms. “If I wasn’t your mother, then you wouldn’t even exist.”

Changmin glared at his mother in fury. He brought his hands together and took off the ring that was on his wedding finger. He lifted it up and showed it to his mother. “Do you see this? This is my engagement ring. I’m going to marry Taeyeon.”

Mrs. Shim’s face flushed with rage. “If you don’t come back with me then I am going to destroy your father’s horse barn!” She used this as a threat because she knew how much the barn meant to Changmin and her husband.

Changmin wanted to fight back but he couldn’t. He didn’t want her ruining the only thing that really made his father happy. A smirk crawled up to his mother’s face. “Now go pack, our flight is leaving in two hours.”

He wanted to scream and shout at his mother but he stopped himself. He angrily turned away and walked into the house.

When he took a step inside, he saw Taeyeon standing there staring at him. He couldn’t face her so he continued walking towards their room to pack their things.

Taeyeon followed him but quickly ran up to his side to stop him from putting his clothes into his bag. “What are you doing?”

“I have to leave.” Changmin said through gritted teeth. He angrily shoved his belongings into his black bag.

“What?” Taeyeon said in a hurt tone while her arms slowly dropped to her side.

Changmin continued to shove his things into the bag. “I’m going back with my mom.”

Taeyeon couldn’t believe it as tears were now rolling down her cheeks. “What? No. You can’t just leave. We’re engaged!”

Changmin threw his bag onto the floor which startled her but he captured her in his arms and pulled her in for a rough kiss. He cupped her face and softened his kisses. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around his waist and cherished this kiss that might be their last. Changmin wiped her tears away with his thumb and planted soft kisses on her face. “I don’t want to leave.” He whispered in between the kisses.

“Then why are you?”

Changmin slowly pulled away and looked down at her intently. “My mom is planning to destroy my dad’s horse barn. I can’t let her do that because that place is very important to my dad.” Taeyeon continued to look up at him. “It’s been with us for years and it means a lot to all of us except for my mom. I can’t let her destroy it.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “I understand.”

“I’m not trying to say that I’ll put my family before you but-“

“No, I understand. Don’t put me before your family except for your mom of course. They’re the ones who have been with you since you were born.” Taeyeon said while gripping onto the hem of his shirt.

Changmin pecked her lips one last time before nodding and grabbing his bag. The two of them both walked to the front door to bid farewell to each other. “I’ll come back after I settle some things. We’re still engaged.” Taeyeon smiled in relief with a nod. “I love you.” Changmin whispered into her ear.

“I love you too.” Taeyeon whispered back.

Before Changmin opened the door, he turned back to Taeyeon one last time. “Tell your mom that I appreciate everything she did for me and that I’ll be back to claim you mine soon.” He said with a slight smirk.  

Taeyeon giggled and nodded at him. “Okay…”

Changmin gave her a confident smile before walking out of the door. Although his smile and outer shell looked strong and confident, the inside of him was crumbling down. His heart ached every time he took a step further away from Taeyeon.

The driver put his bags into the trunk and opened the back door motioning for him to get in. Changmin rolled his eyes and sat down next to his mother. As the car drove away, he looked out of the window to get one last glimpse of his fiancée who was standing outside of the house while watching him disappear down the road. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

sjlovessuju - You wrote all of that? OMG!!! I'm super glad that you liked the last chapter although this one might ruin it!!!

TaeJaeLove - Yeah, I like it too! Hm...it was kind of out of the blue but hey...I got to get some kind of thrill going right??

ah_thien - Aw thanks! <3 I can't believe you ended your TaeJae story! =(