Home Sweet Home/ Surprise??

The Soul Mates

It’s now the day of when Taeyeon has to leave for home. Her uncle, aunt, and two cousins were all at the airport telling her goodbye.

“Bye Taeyeon!” Krystal said with a sad face.

Taeyeon gave an encouraging smile to Krystal. “Hey, maybe you guys can all come and visit my family soon.”

The younger one looked at her and nodded. “Yeah, we should! I had a lot of fun with you. I hope you’ll come visit us again too.”

“I’ll be glad to come back.” Taeyeon said while giving Krystal a sisterly hug.

They both pulled away when Jessica tapped on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Well, I hope you had a nice visit. I’m sad that we didn’t get to hang out more.”

Taeyeon could tell that she was lying. She was only lying because of her parents. “I’ll pretend to believe that.” Taeyeon whispered while looking away and over to her uncle.

 “It was very nice of you to come and spend all this time with us.” Mr. Jung said while embracing his niece. Taeyeon hugged him back and nodded in agreement. “Next time, all of you and your sisters should come.” They both pulled away from the hug when the announcement for Taeyeon’s flight came on. “Please tell your mother that we hope to see her soon.” Mr. Jung said while helping Taeyeon get a hold of her bags.

“I will tell her that.” Taeyeon replied back with a sweet smile that made Jessica make a puking sound. She shot her a glare but chose to be the bigger person and ignore it. “I’ll be going now. Thank you so much for taking care of me for these passed months.”

“Good bye!” They all shouted except for Jessica and Mrs. Jung.

“Bye Auntie Jung.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Good bye.” She replied back nonchalantly.

Taeyeon tried forcing a smile but she couldn’t. She heaved a sigh and walked towards her gate. Before walking through to get to the plane, she turned around one last time to wave to her relatives. They all waved back, but she knew that Mrs. Jung and Jessica forced it.

She walked through the gates and got onto the plane. There were people putting their bags up above the seats which made it hard for her to get through. She finally made it to her seat and decided to lift the bag up herself. It was too high for her, so the bag fell down a few times.

“Let me help you with that.” Someone said from behind while they grabbed the bag and swiftly pushed it up.

Taeyeon turned around to thank the person until she saw who it was. She tilted her head up at him. “You actually came.”

“Of course, I said I would didn’t I?”

Taeyeon giggled and sat down. “Yes you did.”

“Well, this is my seat too so scoot over.”

“Changmin!” Taeyeon shrieked when he pushed her out of the seat. She stood up and faced him. “Why are you being so stubborn? Can’t you sit by the window?”

“No, I like sitting by the isle.” Changmin replied while pushing her towards the window.

Taeyeon’s back suddenly hit the window.“Hey!”

“Alright, please fasten your seatbelts we are about to take off.” The flight attendant announced.

“You heard her, now sit down and fasten your seatbelt.” Changmin said while sitting down in the seat near the isle.

Taeyeon sat down with a grunt. “You are so tenacious!”

“What does that mean?” Changmin asked while looking at his girlfriend with an amused look.

She turned back to look at him. “It means that you’re stubborn!”

“I’m stubborn? What about you? You’re the one who’s mad about me getting this seat and not you.”

“I’m not the one who laid my hands on someone just because of a stupid seat!” Taeyeon fired back.

“Can you two please be quiet?” A passenger from behind said.

“Shut up!” The couple said while giving the innocent passenger a look of death. The passenger quickly sat back down ignoring them completely.

Taeyeon and Changmin looked back at each other. “You’re going to apologize.” Changmin stated with a smirk.

“Apologize to who; it’s certainly not to you.” Taeyeon replied.

“To the lady behind us.” Changmin said while peeking at the lady who ended up reading her book.

“Why would I apologize to her?”

“That’s just who you are.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes. You are.”

“Changmin! No I’m-“ Taeyeon got cut off by Changmin’s soft lips. He soon pulled away from the kiss he shared with Taeyeon. They stared at each other for a few seconds before a sigh escaped from Taeyeon’s mouth. She unfastened her seatbelt and peered over the seats. “Mrs.? I’m so sorry for the childish behavior we had. I promise you we won’t bother you again.” She quickly slumped back down in her seat and fastened her seat belt one last time.

Changmin slowly leaned in towards her. “I told you.” He whispered.

Taeyeon’s jaw tightened. “Shut up.”

“I know my girlfriend so well.” Changmin continued on in a proud tone.

“Can you speak any louder?” Taeyeon questioned while slowly turning to him.

“Do you want me to?” Changmin questioned. He took in a deep breath before speaking again, but this time louder. “I know my-“

Taeyeon quickly covered his mouth with her hand. “I was kidding! Now I’m going to move my hand and you have to be quiet.” Changmin nodded understandingly. Taeyeon brought her hand down and rested it on the arm rest.

The plane started to take off, and when it did, Taeyeon closed her eyes and slowly drifted in sleep mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Taeyeon’s POV)

“Taeyeon….Taeyeon…” I heard my name being said multiple times. My eyes slowly opened before realizing that everyone on the plane had left. I quickly sat up in my seat only to be calmed down by Changmin. “Hey, calm down. We just landed and everyone filed out only a few minutes ago.”

He extended his hand out towards me and waited for my grasp. I took his hand and stood up from the seat. We both walked off the plane with our small bags.

“Hey, I’ll go and get our luggages.” I nodded and watched him walk away. I’m finally home-with him.

A few minutes later I saw him walking back towards me with our suitcases. “Ready?” I asked while taking mine away from him. He nodded and walked out of the airport with me following. He really wants to get away from home huh?

We both got in a taxi and drove off. We both looked out of the windows trying to take in the scenery. This is my home, and I’ve missed it so much! I’m finally back, and I hope Changmin likes it too.

The taxi soon arrived in front of a small house. My house! I jumped out of the car and quickly grabbed my things from the back. It feels refreshing to be back home again.

“Hey, calm down.” Changmin teased while helping me with the heavy bags.

“Oh shut up. I’m just super happy!” I replied while running to the front door. I knocked on the door excitedly and waited for either my mom or one of my sisters to open up.

“Oh my gosh! Taeyeon!” Yoobin shouted once she opened the door.

I dropped my things and threw my hands around her. “I’ve missed you so much!” I said as I felt tears starting to form in my eyes.

I soon heard my two younger sisters squealing as they ran up to the two of us and gave one big group hug. “Ah! I missed you two too!” I yelled while hugging them back.

“We missed you too Tae!”

We all pulled away and soon my mom came into the picture. I started to choke on my tears of happiness. It was the first time I’ve been away from my mom for such a long time that I wish to never leave again! My family’s my everything.

“Um, Tae, who’s that guy staring back at us?” Hyomin said while fixing her hair and giving Changmin one of those girly flirtatious looks. I suddenly felt an urge of jealousy from seeing Changmin smiling back at her. I couldn’t help it, but I pinched Hyomin on the arm.

“Ow!” She yelled out while rubbing her pain. That’ll teach her from giving those flirtatious girly looks to Changmin. I’ll get Changmin later.

I motioned for him to come into the house. He obeyed and awkwardly walked in. I gave him a look telling him to be casual and to loosen up.

“This is Changmin, Changmin…meet my family.” I said while motioning back and forth between them.

“Hello.” Changmin said while bowing to them. Aw, he knows how to be polite!

“Is it okay if he stays with us for a while?” I asked hoping my mom would say ‘yes’.

“Of course. A friend of yours is a friend of ours.” My mom said while smiling at us.

“Actually, he’s not just my friend….he’s my boyfriend.” I looked down afraid of what was going to happen next.

“Well…if you like him, we all like him.” I looked up and saw my mom with a weak smile. I can tell that she’s not too sure of having him over.

“Let’s get you all unpacked!” My sisters yelled while bringing our things to a room.

My mom nodded and turned to us. “I hope you two are hungry; I’m making dinner.” She turned away and walked into the kitchen where the sweet smell was coming from.

“Come on.” I said while grabbing onto his sleeve and dragging him to his new room.

My sisters all walked out and gave me a wink before walking into the kitchen to help my mom out.

Changmin and I both walked into the room and closed the door only leaving a small crack. I sat on the bed and watched take something out of his pocket. While he was doing so, he said, “Taeyeon, I’ve been wanting to ask you something.”

I looked up at him with my head tilted. “What’s that?”

He pulled out what he was reaching for and kneeled down on one knee in front of me. My heart beat was now racing. He opened the tiny box to reveal a shiny diamond ring. My jaw dropped from shock. “Kim Taeyeon, will you marry me?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaeJaeLove - I hope so too!

ah_thien - You really think they act like kids? Lol...me too.

sjlovessuju - Thanks.

rosesone - Here's the next chappie!