Chapter 12

The Soul Mates

It was now morning, and Taeyeon was washing her face. Her younger cousin walked in with Sulli. Taeyeon looked at the reflection of the two of them. “Sulli? What are you doing here?”

Sulli looked at Taeyeon with a bright smile. “I’m here to invite you to the Christmas party my parents are throwing.”

Taeyeon dried her face with a towel and looked at the two girls. “Christmas party?” They both nodded. “I thought your parents went out of town.”

“They came back this morning.” Sulli replied.

Taeyeon thought about it for a moment before smiling brightly at the two girls. “Sure, I’d love to go!”

Sulli and Krystal jumped up in excitement. Taeyeon giggled and tied her hair into a ponytail. “What should I wear?” She asked.

Sulli and Krystal both stopped jumping and looked at her. Krystal walked up to her and placed a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “A dress fit for Christmas.”

“I don’t have a dress.” Taeyeon said in a slightly embarrassed yet disappointed tone.

Sulli bit her lip and looked at Krystal. Krystal looked back at Sulli. A few seconds later, the both of them clasped their hands together.

“My mom made a red dress before. It’s in the room full of clothes that she’s made.” Krystal said with a smile.


Taeyeon’s eyes lit up. “That’s right! I forgot about that room.”

The three girls ran to the room full of clothes and helped pick a nice red dress for Taeyeon.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was now time for the party, and Sulli already left.

Krystal walked into Taeyeon’s room to find her putting some make-up on. “Aw, you look so pretty!” Krystal said as she looked at Taeyeon in awe. Taeyeon’s hair was straightened, and she left it down with her bangs pulled to the side. Her strapless red dress fitted her body perfectly. It ended right above her knees. It showed her nice curves. The dress had a shiny red ribbon down at the waist line with a bow tied on one side. The bottom half had layers and ruffles.

(http://15dollarstore.com/img/2087.jpg)

“Thanks.” Taeyeon said as she placed her make-up down. She turned to Krystal and her jaw dropped. “You’re wearing that?”

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TOpxRvlsdG8/THDkwy6Y62I/AAAAAAAACPU/3ZwyLFx4zTw/s1600/10.jpg)

Her younger cousin nodded. “That’s prettier than my dress!” Taeyeon said as she got up from her chair and examined the dress carefully. “I didn’t know we could wear a white dress.”

Krystal nodded. “We can, but you look cute in your dress. Please don’t change!” She gave her older cousin the puppy dog look.

Taeyeon nodded. “Fine, I don’t have time to change anyway. How does Jessica look?”

Krystal rolled her eyes at her sister’s name. “Go see for yourself and tell me what you think.”

Taeyeon took a deep breath before walking out of her room. She spotted Jessica walking out of her bedroom with a strapless red mini dress that had a huge bow in the middle. Jessica wore a pair of silver heels that went nicely with her dress. Her hair was straight but the ends were curled.

(http://www.oneasianworld.com/images/SuperGirlMV.jpg)

Taeyeon sighed in defeat. She thought Jessica was beautiful.

Her cousin looked at her and smirked. “Aw, you look like a little teen with that dress on.”

Taeyeon’s eyes grew big. She walked back into her room and looked down at her dress.

“Did she make an ugly comment about your dress?” Krystal asked. Taeyeon nodded. “Well don’t listen to her! This is just going to be a boring Christmas party that old people are throwing. Save the best dresses for something way more special!” Krystal shouted.

Taeyeon gave her a nod and grabbed her silver open toe shoes. She slipped them on and walked out of her room with Krystal trailing behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon and her relatives were now at Changmin’s house. They walked in and everyone went their separate ways. Her aunt and uncle went to speak to the elders; Jessica went to speak to her friends; and Krystal went to hang out with her friends.

Taeyeon was left standing by the door alone.

“Taeyeon!” Someone shouted from a few feet away.

She looked up and saw Jaejoong standing there with a cheerful smile. “Jaejoong!” She yelled back. “I feel like we haven’t talked in days!”

He nodded in agreement. “Yeah I know! I’ve missed you.”

Taeyeon blushed a soft pink. “Have you seen Changmin?” She asked trying to avoid the fact that she just blushed.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yeah, he’s over by the drinks.”

“Okay thanks!” Taeyeon said as she started to head over to where Changmin was. After taking a few steps, Taeyeon turned back to Jaejoong. “I’ll talk to you later okay?” He gave her a small nod before walking over to Junsu.

Taeyeon spotted Changmin and found him standing by the drinks while he was drinking out of his glass cup. She walked over to him but stood on the other end of the table.

Changmin watched her walk passed him without saying a word. He shoved a piece of a Christmas cookie into his mouth and ate it as he glared at Taeyeon.

“It’s not that I don’t want to be near you.” Taeyeon said as she continued to get herself a drink. She didn’t bother to look up at Changmin. “We can’t be seen together, remember?” She took a sip of her drink and turned the other way.

Changmin realized what she meant. His parents and her family would see them together, and they wouldn’t like it. His gaze slowly turned away from Taeyeon. “So, are we just going to talk to each other like this?”

Taeyeon ate a piece of cookie and swallowed before answering. “Sure, but it’d look like we’re talking to ourselves.”  

Changmin looked down at the food and inched closer to Taeyeon’s end of the table. Taeyeon hissed at him. “Don’t get too close.”

He stopped halfway and picked up a brownie. “Fine…” He said in an irritated tone. Before taking a bite out of his brownie he opened his mouth to say. “Oh, you look beautiful.”

Taeyeon exhaled softly. “Jessica looks amazing.”

“I don’t care about how she looks tonight.” Changmin said with an uncaring voice.

After a few seconds of silence, Changmin decided to speak. “Meet me at the back of the garden in five minutes.” Before Taeyeon could get a word out, he already walked away.

A shock of nervousness ran throughout her body. She had no clue where the garden was. “Sulli!” She yelled out when the girl walked up to the table. “Where’s the garden?”

Sulli tilted her head trying to figure out what Taeyeon was talking about. “Did Changmin ask you to go there?” Taeyeon gave her a nod. “Well, I guess he’s talking about the neighborhood garden.

“There’s a neighborhood garden?” Taeyeon asked in amazement.

The younger girl nodded. “It’s near the park. Do you remember seeing a fence behind the park?” Taeyeon nodded. “Well, it’s behind the fence. There’s a door where you can go in. You’ll see it.”

“Okay thank you!” Taeyeon said with a relieved smile. She her heels and ran out of the door. She took her shoes off and ran towards the park.

When she reached the park, she walked up to the big brown wooden fence. She saw the door and unlatched it. She slowly opened the door to reveal a beautiful flower garden in the shape of a maze. “Oh great.” Taeyeon mumbled before taking a step inside.

She closed the door and began searching for the easiest way to get to the back.

As she was walking, she gawked at the picturesque flowers surrounding her. “So pretty…” She whispered in admiration.

She was too focused on the flowers that she didn’t notice the figure standing before her until she bumped into it.

She dropped her shoes and quickly apologized. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” She was frightened but sorry.

“You’re three minutes late.”

Taeyeon took a closer look at the figure. “Changmin?” It was dark out, but the lights in the garden helped make out who the person was. “I’m sorry that I’m late. This garden’s like a maze!”

Changmin let out a deep breath before digging into his pocket. He pulled out a small red box with a green ribbon on it. “Here.” He said while handing Taeyeon the box.

“What is it?” She asked like a clueless little kid.

“Your Christmas present.”

Taeyeon took the box from Changmin’s hand and stared at it trying to figure out what was boxed inside. “Can I open it?”

“It’s your present. You can do whatever you want to it. Throw it away for all I care.” Changmin said heartlessly.

Taeyeon gasped at him. “How can you say something like that? You bought this with your own money.”

“Just open it!” Changmin said growing impatient.

“Okay.” Taeyeon said quietly.

She untied the green ribbon and lifted the top of the box off. A gold bracelet was what Taeyeon saw. She thought it looked quite plain, but she smiled anyway from the fact that he actually got her something. “Thanks.”

Changmin didn’t say a thing. Instead, he grabbed the bracelet and lifted it up in the light. The light reflected on the bracelet, and engraved letters were shown on the inside.

It read, “Your smile makes me fall in love with you all over again. -C”

As Taeyeon read the words, a smile formed across her face.

Changmin continued to stare at the bracelet until he felt his waist being hugged by Taeyeon. “That’s so sweet! Thank you!”

Changmin felt embarrassed but hugged her back anyway. He soon pulled away and slipped the bracelet onto her wrist. “I never want to see your wrist with nothing on.”

Taeyeon giggled and nodded. “Okay….”

Changmin smiled at her reaction and kiss her forehead. “Merry Christmas.” He whispered before bringing her in for another hug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Christmas Chapter!! Um, the beginning isn't really my favorite part. It seems boring, but I hope you like the end!!