Chapter 11

The Soul Mates

I'm sorry for the late update. I'll try to update more frequently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Later that night Taeyeon was getting her things ready to take a shower, but then she heard a knock on her balcony door.

She walked nervously towards the window and peered out of the curtains. She saw a figure standing on her balcony. Taeyeon almost let out a scream until the figure waved at her. She tilted her head to the side and squinted her eyes. Taeyeon then noticed that it was Changmin.

She quickly and quietly unlocked the door. After she did so, Changmin gently pushed the door open.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon whispered. She didn’t want the others to know that Changmin was there.

“I have to show you something. “ He replied back in a low whisper.

Taeyeon looked at him with a confused expression. “What? Why? Can’t you wait until tomorrow?”

Changmin shook his head. “No, it only works at night.”

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip as her expression turned into a nervous one. “But what about the others?”

Changmin looked at her bedroom door. “Sneak out. They won’t notice, and you’ll be back before the night ends. “

Taeyeon shook her head as she began to back away. “No, I can’t. I hate taking risks.”

“Please?” Changmin begged. “I promise that everything is going to be okay.”

Taeyeon softly sighed before walking to her closet to grab a jacket. “Fine, but if I get caught I’m taking you down with me!”

Changmin nodded carelessly. He knew that Taeyeon would never do such a thing because she was too nice and innocent.

“Let’s go before we actually do get caught.” Changmin said as he walked out to her balcony.

“W-we’re going d-down this w-way?” Taeyeon asked scared to death.

Changmin turned to her with a smirk. “Yes…why? Is little Taengoo scared?”

Taeyeon gasped at his comment and smacked his arm. “I am not scared. I just never took this way before.”

Changmin nodded pretending to believe her. “Right. Well just follow me, but make sure you don’t step on my head.”

“Wait, how are we going to get down?” Taeyeon asked right before Changmin lifted his leg to climb over the rail.

He looked at her then pointed down. “There’s a ladder.” He lifted his leg again but suddenly brought it down again. “What is it this time?” Changmin asked in an irritated tone.

Taeyeon was griping Changmin’s arm. From the tightness, you could tell that she was absolutely terrified.

Taeyeon looked at him and then shook her head. “Nothing.” She replied as she slowly let go of his arm.

Changmin sighed and climbed down the ladder. Once he reached the ground he looked up but he didn’t see Taeyeon. “Taeyeon!” He whispered in aggravation.

Taeyeon popped her head out and looked down at him. “I can’t go down there.”

“Why?” Changmin asked with sadness.

“Well, I’m scared and what if we get caught? How am I gonna explain this to my aunt and Jessica?” Taeyeon questioned.

Changmin stood there thinking of an answer. A few seconds later he climbed back up the ladder. When he reached the top he continued to stand there. “You are coming with me. I don’t care how scared you are because I’m right here. If your aunt and Jessica finds out then I’ll handle it, alright?”

Taeyeon looked at him and finally nodded her head. “Fine, but promise me something.”

“And what’s that?” Changmin asked.

“If I fall…..you’ll catch me.” Taeyeon said as she slightly whispered the last part.

It was silent for a moment until Changmin let out a soft chuckle.

“Don’t laugh. I mean it.” Taeyeon stated.

He nodded and stuck out his pinky. “I promise that if you fall I’ll catch you.” Taeyeon smiled at him and took his pinky.

Soon, Changmin began climbing down the ladder. When he reached the ground he looked up and found Taeyeon slowly climbing down. “Finally.” He whispered to himself.

But then Taeyeon’s foot had caught onto a plant vine. She tried to get her foot out, but instead she fell backwards. As she fell, the vine let loose of her foot. Taeyeon let out a scream but she quickly covered not wanting to wake the family up.

Taeyeon hit the ground but she felt something break her fall. She quickly got up and off of whatever she fell on. “Changmin!”

Changmin let out a few coughs and slowly turned to Taeyeon. “See, I kept my promise.”

Taeyeon giggled cutely. “But I still fell on the ground.”

“No, you fell on me!” Changmin stated as he slowly got up onto his feet. Taeyeon did the same.

The both of them were slowly walking away from the house. Changmin held onto his stomach and let out a few deep breaths.

“Yah!” Taeyeon said as she hit his arm. “Why are you acting like I weigh so much?”

“Maybe you do!” Changmin argued back.

Taeyeon gasped. “You ugly looking nerd!”

Changmin stopped in his tracks and turned around to face her. “Can you keep your voice down?” He asked rudely. He grabbed her wrist and continued to walk further away from her house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About five minutes later, Changmin and Taeyeon had reached a hot chocolate stand. “Do you want some?” Changmin asked as he got his wallet out.

“Is it still hot?” Taeyeon asked. It was cold outside and the stand was outside also. Taeyeon wondered if the weather would keep the drink warm.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Changmin answered as he paid for two cups of hot chocolate.

“Thank you sir.” The person who owned the stand said.

Taeyeon and Changmin took their cups and walked away.

“Where are we going now?” Taeyeon asked.

“You’ll see when we get there.” Changmin replied back as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

A few minutes later, they finally reached their destinations. It was a field that was way behind a barn with beautiful dark green grass. There were no animals insight and the field looked very clean and neat.

“Are we allowed to be here?” Taeyeon asked as she continued to look around. Although it was dark, the lights from the barn and the big lamppost over the fields made it easy to see the things around the field.

“Of course. My family owns this land.” Changmin replied.

“The land in the middle of nowhere?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Yes.”

Changmin brought her down to the middle of the field. He sat down and then looked up at her. “Sit.”

Taeyeon obeyed and sat beside him. “Why are we here?”

Changmin looked out beyond the rest of the field. “I come here whenever I want to be alone.”

“Then why’d you bring me here?”

“I wanted you to be the first girl that I would bring to this place.” Changmin answered.

A light smile formed across Taeyeon’s face. She was happy that she was the first girl he ever brought here.

“And….” Changmin started. “It’s easy to see the stars at night because there are not many trees to block the view.”

Taeyeon looked up and saw that he was right. The stars were so clear and beautiful. “Wow…they’re so pretty.”

Changmin nodded and took another sip of his drink. When he looked up he turned to Taeyeon, but she just laughed. “What is it?”

“You have some whip cream on your mouth.” She replied.

“Can you wipe it off?” Changmin asked with a minor smirk on his face.

“I don’t have any napkins.”

“Can you think of anything else to wipe it off with?”

Taeyeon bit her lip and thought for a moment. She then lifted her arm and brought it closer to his face. She was going to use her sleeve to wipe the mess, but Changmin stopped her from doing so.

“I don’t want you to use that.”

Taeyeon brought her arm back down to her side. “Then what do you want me to use?”

Changmin grinned and brought his finger up to his lips. “I want you to use this.”

Taeyeon felt a chill run through her body. She couldn’t believe that he had just said for her to use HER lips to wipe the whip cream off of HIS lips. “W-what?” She stuttered.

Changmin chose not to say anything and continued to point at his mouth.

Taeyeon gulped and began to slowly move towards him. Changmin would’ve moved towards her, but he wanted her to make the move.

A few seconds later Taeyeon’s lips had met his. She kissed him softly but it soon became much more passionate.

 She pulled away and blushed. “Thank you.” Changmin said as he looked at her with lust in his eyes. He didn’t want that moment to end, but he also didn’t want Taeyeon to do something she wasn’t comfortable doing.