Hide and Seek in the Woods

The Soul Mates

~At Jaejoong’s Place~

“Taeyeon!” Junsu shouted while throwing his arms around her to pull her in for a tight hug.

Taeyeon’s eyes grew wide, but she slowly hugged him back. “Hi.”

Junsu pulled away and gave her a big grin. “I heard that Changmin is going to run away with you.” He whispered like a childish kid.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at him. “How did you know?”

“Jaejoong told me.”

They both heard a cough coming from the other side of the room. They looked up and saw Jaejoong choking on his drink. “Junsu! It was supposed to be a secret! We weren’t allowed to tell anyone!”

“It’s only Taeyeon!” Junsu fought back.

“Changmin told us not to mention it to Taeyeon either!” Jaejoong fired at him.

“You guys! I already know about it.” Taeyeon said cutting in between their conversation.

The two brothers looked at her. “Then why aren’t you happy?” Junsu asked curiously.

Taeyeon looked at him and suddenly sighed from grief. “I am happy.”

Jaejoong and Junsu could tell that she was lying. “Why are you lying?” They asked in unison.

“I just don’t want things to get complicated and worse once his parents find him with me.”

The two brothers lost their train of thoughts and remained quiet until the doorbell rang. “I got it!” Junsu yelled while reaching for the doorknob.

“Oh, Changmin.”

Changmin walked in and saw Jaejoong with a troubled look. He turned to Taeyeon and smiled at her. “I’ll be back.” He walked into the other room with Jaejoong following behind.

“What is it?” He whispered while peeking out of the small crack in the door.

“She’s worried about everything!” Jaejoong whispered back. “How is this going to run smoothly if she’s constantly worrying about this?”

Changmin looked at hyung. “She’s worried, but she’s not going to stop me.”

Jaejoong cocked his eyebrow. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

Changmin nodded and walked out of the room. Jaejoong puffed out a breath of air before following his friend out.

“So, let’s all spend some time together before you leave.” Junsu said while looking down at Taeyeon.

She nodded with a smile. “Sure, I’m up for anything.”

“What do you guys want to do?” Changmin asked.

“Let’s go to the beach!” Junsu suggested.

The three shot him a look. “What? It’s like 30 degrees outside!” Jaejoong yelled out with wide eyes.

Junsu nodded and scratched his head. “I forgot.” admitted he.  

“Why don’t we go ride horses?” Taeyeon suggested.

The boys cocked their eyebrows at her. “Ride horses?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to miss riding horses when I get back home.”

Junsu and Jaejoong looked at each other, because they didn’t exactly want to go ride horses. Changmin thought otherwise. “Sure, let’s go ride horses.”

“Uh-“

“Taeyeon wants to ride horses.” Changmin said while shooting his two friends a fiery glare.

Junsu and Jaejoong quickly closed their mouths and agreed to go. “Okay, horses it is.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You ready?” Changmin said with a sigh while handing Taeyeon her helmet. She nodded and climbed onto the horse. She grabbed the helmet and placed it onto her head.

“Come find me when you get on a horse.” Taeyeon said with a smirk before telling the horse to go.

Before Changmin could ask any questions, the horse was off with Taeyeon. “You better get going before she gets too far away.” Jaejoong said while walking a brown horse to him.

Changmin looked at the horse and then back to Taeyeon. She and the horse were nowhere in sight. “Okay.” He grabbed a helmet and got on the horse. “Wish me luck.” He mumbled before riding away in the woods.

Once he got into the woods he started to worry. He couldn’t see a horse or the love of his life. “Where could she be? Where could she hide that big thing with her?”

He started strolling through the woods in search of Taeyeon. The minutes passed by, soon hours passed by. It was now dark out and he couldn’t find Taeyeon anywhere. “Taeyeon!!!!” He yelled out. All he heard were the echoes. “Taeyeon! Come out! Why did you make me play this stupid game?!?”

Nothing.

It was dark, but Changmin didn’t want to leave. He wanted to keep searching for her. “What if she’s back at home already?” He shook his head from the thought and continued searching.

He finally ended up on the other side of the trees. All this time, he was searching in the woods and he never decided to check the other side.

He walked out with his horse and heard some water being played with. He looked over the small hill and saw Taeyeon’s horse drinking the river water. He soon saw a figure sitting down with their head in between their knees. He quickly ran down the hill and saw that it was Taeyeon. He ran towards her after taking in some air from the long flight down the hill. When reaching her, he lifted her up by the arm and pulled her in for a tight hug. “Why didn’t you answer me when I called out for you? Why did you come all the way down here? Why didn’t you decide to go home and call me to tell me you were okay? Why did you decide to give me a heart attack?”

Taeyeon softly smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist. She pulled him in closer and rested her head onto his chest.

Changmin heard some sniffling sounds from below. He tried pulling away, but Taeyeon kept holding onto him. “Hey…hey…hey!” He finally yelled out when he couldn’t pull away from her.

Taeyeon quickly let go but continued staring down at the ground. Changmin placed both of his hands onto her shoulders. He looked down at her with concern. “Why are you crying?” Taeyeon pushed his arms away from her and turned to look away. “Answer me.” Changmin demanded calmly. She shook her head and walked over to the horse. Changmin slowly followed her. “Please?”He took her silence as a ‘no’.

Taeyeon hid behind the horse hoping that he wouldn’t come any closer. When she couldn’t hear any movement or see his feet anymore, she looked out from behind the horse only to be stopped by a stone-like body. She tried turning away but Changmin caught her arms and held them close to his chest. Taeyeon tried fighting her way away from him. When she got exhausted from trying to break free, she finally spoke.”I’m fine okay?” She said in a gruff tone.

“No, you aren’t.” Changmin replied softly.

“Yes I am!” Taeyeon shouted back at him. “I’m fine now let go.”

Changmin noticed that all this time, she has not made any eye contact with him. “Please? Tell me. Talk to me.”

Taeyeon finally gave up and stood there motionless. “I don’t want you to come home with me.”

Changmin stood there in shock. “What?”

She looked up at him and gave him eye contact. “I don’t want you to come home with me.” She repeated.

Changmin shook his head not believing any words that came out of . “No, you don’t mean that. You’re only worried Taeyeon, that’s the only reason behind you saying this.”

“No it isn’t!” She shouted back at him. “I’m not worried! I just don’t want you to come with me.”

“Stop it!” Changmin cried out. “You’re worried okay? You’re worried about the consequences, but I’m not! This is my choice. My choice is to be with you. Is that so hard for you to understand and accept?” Taeyeon looked up at him without an answer. “Everything’s going to be okay.” He reassured.

Taeyeon wiped her tears away and nodded. “I didn’t mean what I said. I’m sorry for saying that, and I’m sorry for just breaking down like this.-”

Changmin could care less about her apologies. He cupped her face and pressed his lips against hers. He soon pulled away and embraced her. “We’ll get through this. I’ll help you.”

----------------------------------------------------------

ah_thien - Yes, runaway love!

sjlovessuju - Here's your update!

rosesone - You're welcome!