Chapter 8

The Soul Mates

Changmin and Junsu were walking towards a skinny blonde girl who was waving uncontrollably.

“What are you doing here?” Junsu asked as he put his hands on his hip.

“No no, the question is….what is she doing here?!?” Jessica asked as she pointed at Taeyeon who was taking her helmet off.

“She’s our friend.” Junsu squeaked.

“Well you better tell her to stay away from you. She doesn’t belong!” Jessica cried out.

“Isn’t she your cousin?” Changmin asked while squinting his eyes at her.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean anything.” Jessica answered. She took a step forward and glared at the two boys with her icy eyes. “I better not see you guys with her ever again.” She turned around and stomped away from the two guys.

After a few seconds of watching an angry Jessica walk away Junsu shrugged. “Oh well let’s go.”

He and Changmin soon walked back to Taeyeon and Jaejoong.

When they reached the other two, Taeyeon looked up at them. “Is something wrong?”

Junsu quickly shook his head. “No of course not!” Taeyeon was waiting for Changmin to answer but he didn’t.  

“Um Junsu…” Jaejoong started. “We have to get home.”

Junsu nodded and walked over to his older brother. Jaejoong looked over to Taeyeon and Changmin. They were both standing there awkwardly. “I’m sorry, but our parents have something important that we have to do. We can all hang out later right?”

“Yeah…..” Taeyeon said cheerlessly.

Jaejoong put on a smile trying to light up the mood. He walked over to Taeyeon and punched her lightly. “Hey lighten up. Junsu and I will be back.”

Taeyeon faked a smile. “I know.”

Jaejoong slowly nodded and turned away. He walked over to Junsu and they both walked home.

“So, um….would you like some ice cream?” Changmin asked as he scratched his head.

Taeyeon looked up at him and softly smiled. “Sure.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the two reached Changmin’s house they walked into the kitchen. Taeyeon sat on one of the stools and watched Changmin take out the ice cream in his freezer.

“Um….Chocolate or Vanilla?” He asked while taking out two bowls.

“Chocolate please.”

“Sorry about the small variety.” Changmin said while scooping up Chocolate ice cream for her.

“It’s fine.”

After they both got their ice cream, Taeyeon was about to put a small spoonful of her ice cream into . But Changmin pushed her spoon up and some of it got onto the tip of her nose. “Hey!” She yelled out.

Taeyeon took some of her ice cream and smeared it on his chin. The both of them started laughing. Changmin reached over for a napkin and wiped the ice cream on his chin off, he then reached over to Taeyeon and wiped her nose.

She looked up at him and saw that he was staring deeply into her eyes. Soon she realized that he had been coming closer to her face, she didn’t know what was happening.

Right when their faces were a few inches apart someone called out for Changmin. “Changmin! I’m home!”

Taeyeon and Changmin quickly backed away from each other. “Oh hey Taeyeon.” Someone said from the doorway.

Taeyeon turned around and smiled. “Hey Dana.”

Dana looked suspiciously at the two. “Um, I just got back from the grocery. Can you guys help me bring the items in?”

“Sure.” Taeyeon said nicely.

“You guys can finish eating your ice cream first. I’m going to go take a shower, the door is unlocked so when you guys finish up just go out and get the things.”

Taeyeon and Changmin nodded. Dana smiled at them and walked away from the kitchen.

Changmin and Taeyeon continued eating their ice cream. They felt kind of awkward so they didn’t say anything. When they finished their treat Taeyeon grabbed the bowls and put them in the sink. When she was about to turn on the faucet someone grabbed onto her hand and stopped her.

She looked up and saw Changmin staring back down at her. It seems like he wanted to finish what was interrupted. He slowly brought his face closer to hers, but she soon stopped him. “No we can’t.”

“Yes we can.” Changmin replied back.

“But why?”

“You’re the only girl I feel comfortable around.” Changmin answered.

“That could mean that I’m a very good friend.”

Changmin shook his head as a small smile formed across his face. “No, you’re more than just a friend.”

He then continued to lean forward. Soon their lips had pressed together. Taeyeon could feel her heart beating very fast. She wondered if Changmin could hear it.

A few seconds passed and they pulled away. Changmin rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at her. “You’re so short that my neck and back hurts when we kiss.”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped. “I never asked you to kiss me!” She then angrily stomped out of the kitchen and walked outside to grab the groceries.

Changmin chuckled at the sight. “When you angrily stomp away it’s cute, but when your cousin does it…..it’s annoying.”