Chapter 10

The Soul Mates

“Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

When those words came out of his mouth Taeyeon thought that the time had froze. She was so shocked that someone like Changmin would ask her to be his girlfriend!

Changmin continued standing there waiting for an answer. But when nothing came out of Taeyeon’s mouth he lost his patience. “What’s your answer?”

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and answered him. “Yes.”

He looked down at her astonished by her answer. “Seriously?”

Taeyeon bit her lip and nodded. She knew that Jessica was going to hate her even more now that she said ‘yes’ to Changmin, but she wasn’t going to let her cousin stop her from dating.

Changmin was so happy that he picked her up and spun her around. Taeyeon started to giggle.

What they didn’t know was that someone was watching their every move. “Kids…” Dana whispered from the top of the staircase as she popped her head out from behind the wall. “They get so darn happy when they find someone to date.” She smiled at the cute sight before disappearing into a room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What? You’re dating me dream girl?!?!?” Junsu piped out. He and Jaejoong had both stopped by at Changmin’s place.

Taeyeon looked at him disgusted by the fact that Junsu had a crush on her. Changmin stared at him without saying anything.

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong apologized for Junsu. “He’s happy for you guys.” He said as he glared at his younger brother.

Junsu shook his head and opened his mouth to speak. But then Jaejoong shoved a cookie into his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

Junsu glared at the older one before walking away. Jaejoong turned to Changmin and Taeyeon and looked closely at the two of them. “You guys are actually dating now?” The both of them nodded awkwardly. “I didn’t know you guys had feeling for each other.”

Taeyeon looked up at him and smiled shyly. “I didn’t either.”

Jaejoong had a confused expression on his face. “Really?”

“Yeah…..” Taeyeon answered.

Jaejoong’s mouth twisted. “Well, congradulations.”

Changmin could tell that something was different about Jaejoong. His happiness for the two of them was fake, it was forced.

“Jaejoong, can I talk to you?” Changmin asked.

Jaejoong looked up at him and then nodded. “Sure.” They both walked into another room leaving Taeyeon all by herself.

“Do you have a problem with me dating Taeyeon?” Changmin asked once they got into the room.

Jaejoong didn’t say anything. “Do you have feelings for her?”

Jaejoong continued to stare at Changmin. But soon his gaze landed on the window with the sun shining through it. “No, I don’t.” He then looked back up at Changmin. “I’m happy for you guys, really.” Jaejoong said with a smile.

Changmin had a feeling that it was also forced. Jaejoong patted Changmin’s shoulder before walking out of the room.

He saw Taeyeon standing in the same spot she was at before he and Changmin walked away. “I guess I’ll see you later.”

Taeyeon looked up at him. “Where are you going?”

Jaejoong looked intently at her. He was a bit upset that Changmin had got to her first. But he wouldn’t come between the both of them. “I’m going out.” He answered before walking out of Changmin’s front door.

Taeyeon was disappointed with his answer. It wasn’t very specific and it seemed like he didn’t want to tell her. She soon felt a strong gaze on her. She turned her head and saw Changmin standing in the doorway of the other room.

A smile crawled onto her face. “Hi…..” She said awkwardly.

Changmin laughed quietly. “Hey.” He walked over to her and played with her bangs. “Are you doing anything next weekend?”

Taeyeon looked around the room trying to think of anything she had to do next weekend. “Um, I don’t think so.”

“So then you wouldn’t mind coming along on a trip with me and Jaejoong right?” Changmin said as he stopped fidgeting with her hair.

Taeyeon slightly pouted as she fixed her hair that Changmin messed up. “I don’t know…..I don’t think my aunt will allow me to.”

“Why are you always talking about your aunt? Don’t you have an uncle?” Changmin asked in frustration.

Taeyeon gave him a look. “Of course I do. But her decision matters the most.”

“What, is he like her slave?” Changmin asked.

Taeyeon pushed him lightly. “NO! I bet your father always listens to your mother.”

After what she said Changmin just stared at her. She was right. His father always listened to his mother and Changmin hated it. His father never had a say in anything. His mother was a selfish old lady even though she looked very young. Changmin has never and will never understand his mother. The two of them were never close.

She never considered her family’s thoughts. As of now Changmin, Dana, Sulli and their father would never share their thoughts or feelings with the mom. Because in the end she would always win. It is never about them, it’s always about her.

“Changmin?” A voice called out.

Changmin snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at Taeyeon. “Sorry…..”

From the look on Changmin’s face Taeyeon felt wrong for saying what she said. She knew that there was something she still didn’t know about his family.