Chapter 7

The Soul Mates

As the days went by Taeyeon and Changmin got closer to one another. Every day the two of them would go over to Jaejoong’s house to hang out. Taeyeon, Changmin, Jaejoong, and Junsu would go to the park or go ride horses.

Today the four of them decided to go and ride on the wonderful horses. Since Taeyeon didn’t know how to ride horses, she sat on a bench staring at the three guys in awe. She’s always admired people who could ride horses because they looked so free.

While she was watching Jaejoong and Junsu’s horses chasing each other another horse popped up in front of her.
“Did you want a ride?”

She looked up and saw Changmin looking back down at her. “N-No I’m fine.”

“Come on, it’ll be fun. Hop on.” Taeyeon just stared at the big brown horse. “What’s wrong? Is Thunder too big for you?” Changmin teased.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Changmin shook his head while he let out a laugh. “Nothing, just grab a helmet.”

Taeyeon nodded and grabbed the helmet sitting next to her. She placed the helmet on her head and walked towards the horse.

Changmin hopped off and helped Taeyeon onto his horse. Taeyeon put her left foot on the stirrup and slowly tried to get onto the horse. But then Thunder slightly moved which frightened Taeyeon. She jumped and almost fell back, but luckily Changmin was there to catch her.

She was breathing very hard. It was like her breath was knocked out of her. Changmin looked down at her and saw that she had been frightened. “I got you.” He whispered.
Taeyeon looked up at him and saw him form a light smile. “Thank you.” She whispered back.

Changmin helped her back down and looked at her with a worried face. “Are you alright?”

Taeyeon bit her lip and nodded. “Yeah…”

“I’m sorry this was my fault, you don’t have to get on.”

Taeyeon looked up at him and shook her head. “This wasn’t your fault.

“Yeah it was. I shouldn’t have told you to get on.” Changmin replied.

“Hey what’s going on here?”

The two of them looked up and saw Jaejoong on his horse.
“Nothing.” Taeyeon answered.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

She nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. “I’m fine.”

Jaejoong gave a nod but he didn’t quite believe her. “Alright then. “ And soon he and his horse rode off.

“Can I try again?” Taeyeon asked while she turned to Changmin.

He looked at her and tilted his head. “Are you sure?”
Taeyeon nodded and tried to get back onto the horse. Changmin quickly ran to her side to make sure that she wouldn’t fall again.

Taeyeon hopped on the horse and gasped. “Oh my gosh! I didn’t fall this time.”

Changmin laughed at her dorkiness. “Off you go.”

But before Changmin could tell Thunder to go, Taeyeon stopped him. “Wait! Aren’t you going to hop on too?”

Changmin pressed his lips together to form a thin line. “Did you want me to?” Taeyeon nodded like a little child who wanted to sleep with their parents on a stormy night. “Alright then.”

But before Changmin could get on Junsu popped out of no where. “Changmin, we have to go.”

“Go where?” Changmin asked while he looked over at Junsu.

Junsu jerked his head to the left. Changmin looked to where Junsu was “pointing” at. Changmin saw something disturbing and turned to look at Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, but I have to go finish some business.” He spun around and followed Junsu.

A sad expression appeared on Taeyeon’s face. “You upset that Changmin had to leave?” She looked up and saw Jaejoong sitting on his horse right next to her.

She let out a small laugh. “No, of course not.”

Jaejoong nodded. “Right.” He hopped off his horse and brought her back into the stable. Taeyeon continued sitting on Thunder. She was afraid to get off.

After putting the horse back into the stable Jaejoong walked back out to see Taeyeon still sitting on Thunder. “Do you need help?” Taeyeon looked down at him and nodded in embarrassment. Jaejoong chuckled and helped her off.