Chapter 1

The Soul Mates

Okay here's my first chapter. I know it's probably not that great...but I promise that it will improve!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Taeyeon! Yoobin! Hyomin!!!" The youngest of the Kim's yelled.

In the Kim family, there are four sisters. The eldest of the four is named Yoobin. She is 22 years old and the bravest. The second eldest is Taeyeon, she is 21 years old and she's considered the smartest of the four sisters. Then there is Hyomin. She is 19 years old and everyone thinks she's the prettiest. Last but not least there is Hyoyeon. She is 18 years old which makes her the youngest. Out of the four sisters she would be considered as the most talented....well in the dancing department. Everyone knows that Taeyeon has a wonderful voice.

Then there is their mother. Their father passed away just a couple of years ago and so they have to help their stressed out mother.

"Taeyeon! Yoobin! Hyomin!" Hyoyeon called out again while running to their farm where her sisters were.

Hyomin looked up from feeding the chickens. "What is it?"

Hyoyeon stopped in front of Hyomin. "Where's Taeyeon and Yoobin?"

"In there with the chickens." Hyomin answered while pointing to the chicken coop.

Hyoyeon sighed and ran into the chicken coop. "Taeyeon! Yoobin!"

"What?" Yoobin questioned while looking at her younger sister curiously.

"Mother wants to talk to us.....she says its something important." Hyoyeon answered.

They all ran to their house and ran inside. They saw their mother standing in the kitchen while cooking.

"Umma what is it? What did you want to tell us?" Hyomin asked while shaking her mother's arm.

Their mother smiled and turn to look at her four beautiful daughters. "Okay....well...you guys know your Uncle Jung right?"

Her daughters nodded. "Well....he wants you guys to go and spend the Summer with him and his family."

"No way!" Hyomin yelled out in excitement.

Their mother nodded. "But...I'm only allowing one of you guys to go."

"What?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I need the rest of you guys to stay and help me." Their mother answered.

"Well why can't we all go?" Hyomin asked.

"Because.....you guys know how your aunt is....she doesn't like us. I don't want to cause any trouble for her."

"So who's going?" Yoobin questioned.

Everyone looked at their mother waiting for an answer. "Taeyeon....." She said revealing who was going.

The daughters turn to look at Taeyeon. She stared blankly at her mother. "What?"

"You're going to spend the Summer with your Uncle." Her mother said.

"What about them?" Taeyeon asked while pointing at her sisters.

"Hyomin and Hyoyeon went on trips with their schools and Yoobin went on trips with her friends." Her mother started. "And you have never been on a trip or a vacation before. It's either me pulling you back..or you not wanting to go."

"But-" Taeyeon started but she soon got interrupted.

"Honey...you have always been the one who would stay home and help me....now I want you to go and have a break."

Taeyeon looked at her mother then turned to her sisters. "But what if they want to go?"

"No Taeyeon...." Yoobin said.

"Yeah, you go on Taeyeon. Mother is right.....we've all been on trips except for you." Hyomin added.

"Please....go and do this for me and for you." Their mother said.

"We'll be alright Taeyeon." Hyoyeon stated.

Taeyeon looked at her sisters and gave a thankful smile. "Alright...I'll go."

Their mother smiled. "Well you better go and get your things ready. Your Uncle will be here at 9:00 am tomorrow."

"What?" Taeyeon asked shocked. "Why didn't you tell me that I was leaving tomorrow?"

"It was a last minute thing." Her mother answered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yoobin, I don't think I can survive." Taeyeon said while packing her things.

Her sister looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She looked up. "You know that our Aunt and Jessica doesn't like me."

"And so what? They only dislike you because they're jealous. They have always wanted to compete with you." Yoobin stated.

Taeyeon nodded. "I know......"

"You can do this." Yoobin started. "I know you can....."

Taeyeon gave a thankful smile. "Thanks...."

Yoobin laughed. "I hope you have fun."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at her older sister. "Whatever."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Taeyeon wake up!"

"Hmmmm...." Taeyeon groaned while rubbing her eyes.

"Sweetie...your uncle will be here in an hour."

She sighed. "Alright....." She got up and went to wash up.

"Mom?" Yoobin asked.

Yoobin and Taeyeon shared a room while the two youngest shared a room.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think she'll be alright?"

Her mother turned to look at her. "Of course....why wouldn't she be?"

Yoobin shrugged. "I don't know."

"Alright....I'm ready." Taeyeon said while walking into her room.

Taeyeon and her mother got her things and walked out of her room leaving Yoobin by herself. They walked into the living room and waited until Taeyeon's uncle came.

A few moments later a nice fancy car pulled up in their drive way. "That must be your uncle." Her mother said.

They heard the doorbell ring. Taeyeon's mother got up and went to go answer it.

"Oh hello!" Her mother said. "It's so nice to see you again."

"Yes sister it is." Taeyeon's uncle said while pulling her mother into a hug. "So is Taeyeon ready?"

His sister nodded. "Yes."

They both walked into the living room and saw Taeyeon sitting on the couch.

"Taeyeon, you've grown up so much!" Her uncle said.

She smiled. "Yes I know."

"So are you ready?"

She nodded. "Yes."

Her uncle grabbed her things and took them to the car. He put them in the trunk and got into the drivers seat.

Taeyeon got in and waved goodbye to her mother. "Goodbye mom."

"Goodbye sweetheart." Her mother said while waving also.

Taeyeon turned to her uncle and nodded telling him that he could go. Soon the mother couldn't see the car anymore. A proud smile crawled up her face. "Have fun dear." She whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later Taeyeon and her uncle arrived in Seoul. They were now on their way into her uncle's neighborhood.

"Wow...." Taeyeon said in amazement. She was amazed at how pretty Seoul was.

Her uncle looked into the mirror and smiled at his niece.

A few moments later Mr. Jung pulled into a neighborhood with huge houses. There was not one house that was as small as Taeyeon's.

"This is where you live?" Taeyeon asked while looking out of the window staring at the huge houses they were gong by.

"Yes......" Her uncle answered. "But that does not mean we are better than you."

She turned to her uncle. "What do you mean?"

"Just because we live in Seoul and own a huge house doesn't mean we are better than you and your family." He replied.

"Yes, I know."

"So don't think we are....don't let my wife and kids tell you that."

"Yes uncle."

Mr. Jung smiled and pulled into a driveway. Taeyeon looked out of the window and saw a huge brick house standing right in front of her.

"This is your house?" She asked.

"Yes....." Her uncle answered. He got out of the car and walked to Taeyeon's door. He opened it and helped her out. "Why don't you go inside while I get your things?" He suggested.

Taeyeon nodded and slowly walked towards the big front door.

Once she got there she took a deep breath. She rung the doorbell and waited patiently for someone to answer it.

She heard footsteps walking towards the door. Then she heard the locks unlocking from the inside.

"Ahh! Taeyeon!" A young teenage girl yelled while she opened the door.

Taeyeon smiled. "Kyrstal!!!"

"Come in!" Krystal yelled while moving aside to allow her older cousin to come in.

Taeyeon nodded and walked in.

"Oh it's so nice to see you again!" Krystal said happily.

"Yes, I'm very happy to see you again too." Taeyeon stated.

"I really wanted the rest of your family to come along...but I'm glad that you were allowed to come." Krystal said while smiling.

Taeyeon smiled also. She was glad that Krystal was so happy to see her. Well it wasn't that surprising since Krystal was the only one along with her father who really cared for Taeyeon and her family.

"So, I see that Krystal welcomed you into our home." Mr. Jung said while walking into the house and putting Taeyeon's things on the floor.

Taeyeon turned around and nodded. "Yes, and I feel very welcomed."

"Well Krystal why don't you take Taeyeon to her room." Mr. Jung suggested.

"Oh yes I would love to!" His youngest daughter said. She grabbed Taeyeon's hand and ran up the staircase.

She ran so fast that Taeyeon was having a hard time keeping up with her.

A few seconds later they reached the second floor, but Taeyeon saw another staircase. "How many floors do you have?"

"Three." Krystal replied.

Taeyeon nodded and followed Krystal to the end of the hallway. "Well, this is the room you are going to be staying in." Krystal said while opening the door to the last room on the left.

They both walked in and sat down on the bed. "So do you like it?" Krystal asked.

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes, it's so much bigger than my room."

Krystal smiled. "Well I'm glad you like it."

"Krystal....how old are you?" Taeyeon suddenly asked.

"I'm 15, I'll be turning 16 in a couple of months." Her cousin answered.

Taeyeon was shocked. To her, Krystal didn't look 15 at all. She looked much older, but not that old.

"I know what you're thinking." Krystal started. "I know I look much older than 15."

Taeyeon giggled. "Just a little bit."

"You're so lucky!" Krystal shouted. "You have such nice skin and you look so young!"

Taeyeon smiled. "You have nice skin too."

"Yes, but I look so old compared to you. I mean you look way younger than I do!"

"I do not!"

"Whatever!" Krystal said while she pushed her older cousin.

"So where's Jessica?" Taeyeon asked.

"She's probably over at Yuri's house."

"Who's Yuri?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Oh, she lives a block away from us. She's like Jessica's best friend."

"Oh....."

A few moments later Krystal stood up. "Where are you going?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm going to go ride my horse. Do you want to come?"

"Ride a horse? Oh no thanks, I don't know how to ride horses." Taeyeon said shyly.

Her cousin laughed. "I can teach you. I've been trained to ride a horse since I was seven years old."

"Um...okay." Taeyeon said while scratching her head. She got up and walked out with Krystal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, I will be riding my first horse Brownie while you will be riding my second horse, Rose." Krystal said while walking into the Jung's stable.

Taeyeon nodded and followed her cousin into the stable.

"Okay, this is Brownie." Krystal said while pointing to a brown horse. "And this is Rose." She said while pointing to a white horse.

"Um....don't you think that I should ride on a smaller horse?" Taeyeon asked while staring at the huge animal standing in front of her.

"You'll be fine. Trust me!" Krystal said "Here you'll probably need this." She said while passing her cousin a helmet.

Taeyeon took it and put it on. "Okay, now what?"

"Now, get on the horse."

Taeyeon nodded and tried her best to get on the horse. Even though it took her a while she finally got on it. "Okay, now what?"

"Now go and ride!" Krystal yelled while she got on her horse and told it to go.

Taeyeon stared blankly at her cousin. Krystal was already out of the stable. She took a deep breath and told Rose to go.

Rose quickly ran out of the stable and passed Krystal and Brownie. "Ahhh!" Taeyeon yelled while holding onto Rose tightly.

"Taeyeon! Rose! Stop Rose stop!" Krystal yelled while she watched her cousin and Rose run right passed her.

She finally got some common sense and ran after them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahh! Rose stop!" Taeyeon yelled. "Stop!"

Taeyeon looked up and saw someone walking in front of them. She quickly jerked Rose. "AHHHH!!" She yelled. Her yell made the person in front of her look up.

He quickly ran to the side of the road and watched as the horse came to a full stop making Taeyeon fall badly on her side.

"Oh, Miss I am so sorry! Are you alright?" He asked while running towards her. He bent down and tried to help Taeyeon up.

"Yoochun! Yoochun what are you doing?" Someone yelled.

Yoochun and Taeyeon turned towards the voice. They saw a lady with long wavy brown hair walking towards them.

"Oh, darling it's not what you think. It seems that I wasn't watching where I was going and I walked right in front of this young lady and her horse. She tried to stop but she fell off instead."

"Oh, are you alright?" The other young lady asked while looking at Taeyeon worriedly.

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes, I'm fine." She got up but was about to fall back down until Yoochun quickly caught her.

"I think you have a sprained ankle." The young lady said while staring at Taeyeon's ankle. "Do you live far from here?"

"Um...actually I just live down the road." Taeyeon replied.

"Hmmm, Yoochun you can give her a ride right?"

Yoochun quickly nodded. "Of course, let me go get the car." Yoochun quickly ran to get his car.

"Any way, my name is Dana." The young lady said while putting out a hand to let Taeyeon shake it.

"I'm Taeyeon." She said while giving Dana's hand a shake.

"So..I haven't seen you around here before. Did you just move in?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "No, actually I'm spending the summer with my cousins. Do you know the Jung's?"

Dana nodded. "Yes, of course. Actually Krystal is good friends with my little sister Sulli."

"Oh, that's good to hear." Taeyeon said while giving a light smile.

"I didn't know that they had cousins. It's very nice to meet you." Dana said while giving a beautiful smile. It was one of the most beautiful smile Taeyeon has ever seen. "How come Jessica and Krystal have English names and you don't?"

"Well, before they were born their parents moved to America. My family stayed in Busan."

"Oh, so you live in Busan?"

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes, I live with my three sisters and my mom."

"And what about your dad?" Dana asked.

Dana noticed that there was a sudden change in Taeyeon's eyes.

"He passed away just a few years ago."

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Dana said. She felt bad for asking such a hurtful question."

Taeyeon shook her head. "No, it's fine."

"So how old are you? Are you the same age as Jessica?" Dana asked trying to change the subject. She didn't want to hurt Taeyeon anymore.

"Yes, I'm actually just a few months older."

"So you're 21?"

Taeyeon nodded. "Yup."

"You don't look 21 years old." Dana said while studying Taeyeon's kid-like face.

Taeyeon giggled. "May I ask how old are you?"

"I'm 23 years old." Dana answered.

"23? You don't look 23 at all. In fact you look younger than me."

Dana giggled. "No that's impossible! If I didn't know that you are 21 years old, I would've thought that you were 18."

"Taeyeon!" Someone shouted from behind the both of them.

Taeyeon and Dana turned around. They saw someone on a horse.

"Krystal? What are you doing here?"

"I came here looking for you!" She answered. "Where's Rose?" She asked while looking around trying to find her horse.

"Right there." Dana answered while pointing to Rose standing by the fence.

"Now, what happened to you?" Krystal asked while looking at Taeyeon sitting on the side of the road.

"She fell off the horse, and we think she might have sprained her ankle." Dana answered for Taeyeon.

"Oh, are you alright?" Krystal asked.

Taeyeon nodded. "Yes, I'm fine."

Krystal got off of her horse and walked over to Taeyeon. "Come one, we're going home."

"Oh wait, Yoochun was going to drive her home."

"No, we can go home on the horses." Krystal stated while helping Taeyeon onto Brownie.

"Um, are you sure?" Dana questioned.

Krystal nodded. "Yes, she'll be fine." She went to go get Rose. She walked back towards Brownie and walked them home.

"Hey where's Taeyeon?" Yoochun yelled from his car.

"You're late....she already left." Dana answered.

"Well, I'm sorry. The car wouldn't start!"