Kim Yugyeom

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Yugyeom has always been a good guy.

When he was a kid he didn’t create any problem and was obedient to his parents. When he grew up, he had a lot of friends on his pack and he was successful on high school. He was a good friend too, the responsible one that didn’t drink to take care of his others friends. His parents were proud of him and he couldn’t be any happier.

Until that day.

He was at home, filling his college application when he heard gunshots outside. He looked through the window and saw a few people dressed on in black shooting everywhere. He was going to search for his parents when his father came into his room.

“Yugyeom, you have to go! Hurry!”

But Yugyeom didn’t move. He wasn’t going to leave his family behind.

“Where’s mom?” he asked.

His father then put a sad face and Yugyeom knew. He brought a hand to his mouth, trying not to cry. Everything was happening so fast that seemed unreal to him.

“Yugyeom, you have to go. Run, I’ll cover you”.

“But dad…”

“Go, now!”

He was going to refuse again, but the serious tone on his father’s voice told him not to. He was very mad and Yugyeom understood he had to obey him whether he liked it or not. He approached his father and hugged him, his father pushed him away quickly when they heard shots again. Yugyeom opened his window and jumped to the nearest tree. He observed while his dad tried to resist. A shot was heard and his father’s arm started to bleed. Unable to keep watching it and with tears on his eyes, he run through the forest. He knew he couldn’t do anything for him now. He looked behind, some houses were on fire and he heard screams and shots. He knew he was a coward, running away when his pack was dying, but he couldn’t do anything.

He heard a gunshot near him and instinctively he turned right. He continued running and another gunshot was heard. He tried to avoid it, but it was late and a bullet passed near his face, leaving a scar in his cheek. He couldn’t take it more, so he changed into his wolf form and run away.

 

At some time he passed out due to exhaustion. He tripped a few times and rolled on the floor. His head hurt and all his body was in pain. He finally opened his eyes. He was on a white room, in what seemed to be a nursery. He saw a girl with blonde hair and a tall guy walking towards him.

“You’re awake” the girl said. “How are you feeling?”

Yugyeom didn’t know who those persons were; but they treated his wounds so at least he had to be polite.

“My head and body aches, but its tolerable. Thank you for taking care of me”.

The girl smiled at him and went to a closet to take some medicines for his pain.

“My name is Namjoon” the guy said, helping Yugyeom to sit on the stretcher. “I found you yesterday passed out near my territory”.

“I’m Kim Yugyeom. I ran away from my pack because it was attacked”.

“Probably you’re not comfortable with this, but I have to know. Who attacked your pack?”

The girl handed Yugyeom some pills along with a glass with water and Yugyeom thanked her before taking it.

“I don’t know, but I think they were humans. It didn’t seem like another pack’s attack.”

“It can be. I heard that recently some humans are starting to catch us. We call them ‘hunters’”.

Yugyeom nodded.  The girl, Bonnie, checked him and told him about his diagnostic. Namjoon informed him about his pack and Yugyeom gladly agreed to form part of it.

That’s how he met Im Jaebum.

After two days at the nursery, he was told to live with another guy who was going to be his partner. Even with all the past events, Yugyeom was still an open and friendly person, so it wasn’t difficult for him to befriend Jaebum and other members of the pack.

Yugyeom admired Jaebum since the first day they met. The elder seemed to understand him without talking, and they discovered that they were more alike than they thought. He knew everything about Jaebum: how was his life before Namjoon’s pack, how he was against the use of violence and who his biggest enemy was. Yugyeom always supported Jaebum in all his decisions and he didn’t regret anything.

He took the job of controlling the pack’s territory. For him, it wasn’t boring even when he had to see every day the same; he loved the sensation of freedom when he walked peacefully through the forest or watched the birds fly. He admired little things in life and simple things made him happy.

What also made him happy was the sweetheart that moved with them days ago.

He was interested in her, not only because he defeated Yoongi on a fight but also because Jaebum acted a bit weird after meeting her and his roommate. He wondered what she had that caused that reaction on his always disciplined partner.

At their welcoming party he understood. Shura was just sweet like a candy, a person you want to have close because one way or another she can make you smile.

Days after he understood that Jaebum’s nervousness wasn’t incited by Shura’s sweetness, but by her friend Youngjae. They affected their lives differently. While Jaebum was always suffering and getting anxious about the living sunshine, he just let it be. He let the girl enter his life and enjoy every moment they shared together.

Yugyeom and Jaebum decided to spent time with Shura now that Youngjae, Mark, Seokjin and Jungkook had gone on a trip so she won’t feel alone. Shura told them that it wasn’t necessary, but they kept having lunch and dinner with her and sometimes they stayed at night with her watching a movie or just talking.

Sometimes Jaebum had something to do and left the two alone. Yugyeom is glad to his friend for the help, although he wants to do the same to him, unsuccessfully. Those moments are the most valuable for him. They talked about casual things, sometimes about the others. Yugyeom wanted to talk about Jaebum and Youngjae with Shura, but Shura never said something about it, so Yugyeom discarded the topic.

Four days have passed since the others departure and Jaebum and Yugyeom are requested to go to the fight club. They aren’t very fond of the idea; first, because Jaebum doesn’t want any kind of problem and neither does he, and second because the last times they had gone there, has happened something. Last time they got Mark and anybody regrets about it, but previously they had some unlucky encounters.

Even when the rules don’t allow a person to go there without his partner, Namjoon gives Shura permission to go there with them since her partner is on a trip. It’s the first time she comes back after the night she fought there. This time she wants to enjoy it, without worrying about fighting.

The night passes calmly. They merely have some drinks and watch some combats, but the three of them are having a good time. They are getting to know each other better now that they’re alone. It’s almost midnight when they exit the club to catch some fresh air. They walk near the club, still talking about some funny stories about the pack before Shura came.

Then, the crush of a branch startles them. They turn around and some dark figures appear in front of them. It smells like problem, but before they can run the opposite direction, another group of people is already there cutting the exit. They don’t recognize their faces, until a particular one stands in front of the others, making Jaebum growl and Yugyeom’s blood boil.

“Look what we have here” the man says, “if it’s none other than my dear friend Im Jaebum”.

Shura looks confused at Jaebum. They obviously know each other, and she can tell that Yugyeom knows too. But in the pack no one mentioned any certain enemy of the pack or something like that.

“What do you want, Jeonghan?” Jaebum asks angrily.

“Can’t we talk? It has been a while since the last time we met. You’re still walking that puppy, uh”. Yugyeom glares at him, and then Jeonghan’s eyes travel to the girl next to him. “Oh, you have a new friend? Or is she your girlfriend? I can’t believe that little Jaebum got himself a girlfriend”.

“Leave her alone” Yugyeom warns, making Jeonghan look at him.

“Is she your girlfriend then? It has more sense. Jaebum has always been a coward ”.

“What do you want?” Jaebum repeats, this time raising his voice.

“Some fun, maybe? You know, it’s been a while since the last time we had fun together”.

And before Jaebum could say anything, Jeonghan’s minions are launching themselves against the three of them. They react quickly and start fighting against them. Jaebum always wanted to avoid conflict, but tonight, just his luck, he can’t avoid it. And he feels responsible for Yugyeom and Shura. They’ve been dragged to this mess, although Yugyeom knew about it from the beginning. But Shura doesn’t even know against who she is really fighting; and more important: Jaebum promised Youngjae that he was going to take care of her, and now they’re on that situation.

When Jaebum has a chance to breathe, he watches Shura. The girl is doing well, so Jaebum decides to get Jeonghan and end the problem like he should have done many years ago. But before he can reach him, Jeonghan smirks evilly to him and other minions try to catch Jaebum. Jeonghan disappears and Jaebum growls before freeing himself from the minions.

One minion jumps over Shura, throwing her down. She tries to remove the man and gives him a strong kick, but the minion unfortunately impacts against Yugyeom and both of them roll some meters away through the forest. Yugyeom gets up quickly and gives the man a kick, knocking him off. He’s about to return with the others when he sees movement at his side and turns around ready to fight.

But he finds a familiar face staring at him. And Yugyeom’s heart stops beating, because right in front of him is his father.

“Dad?” Yugyeom asks. He is not sure if this is reality or if he hit his head and now he’s dreaming.

“Gyeomie?” his father asks, with the same voice Yugyeom remembers from the past. He blinks and pinches his arm, and dam, it hurts!

“Oh my God, Yugyeom! I thought you were dead!”

His father tries to approach him, but he steps back, still not believing what he is seeing.

“This can’t be. You’re dead! You’re not my father!”

His father looks at him sadly.

“But Gyeomie, it’s me”.

Yugyeom flinches at the nickname. He remembers his father calling him like that on the past just how he has done right now. His father approaches him and this time he lets him do it. He feels the warmth of his dad when he hugs his son, and Yugyeom starts tearing a bit before hugging back.

“But how?” Yugyeom murmurs. All this time, he has believed his father was dead. But he’s alive, right there. Maybe he survived somehow? His father releases him a bit before answering.

“Some time after you left, another pack came and saved us. I tried to look for you, but you weren’t anywhere. I thought they captured you and you were dead. But you’re alive. Oh God, I’m so happy to find you”.

At that, Yugyeom frees him and stares at his father with a questioning look. Something about that story doesn’t smell good to him.

“Which pack?”

His dad stares at him before answering.

“Jeonghan’s”.

That’s it.

Yugyeom knew there was a trap. It was too easy, too good to be true.

“Dad, he is just using you. He wants to hurt Jaebum and is using us to do it”.

“That’s not true. He’s the rightful heir of the Alpha of the pack”.

“What?”

Yugyeom knows the whole story of Jaebum, and the latter wouldn’t lie to him. When Jaebum told him, he was nearly crying and Yugyeom could see that Jaebum suffered a lot.

“Jeonghan lied to you. Jaebum is the rightful heir of the Alpha, that’s why Je

Please log in to read the full chapter