Snow

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Youngjae wake up!”

Youngjae opens his eyes in the morning to see his best friend shaking him roughly with a huge grin plastered on her face.

“What happened?” he lazily asks, rubbing his eyes with his hand.

“It snowed last night and there’s a lot of snow outside!” Shura exclaims, excited.

She pats his tummy playfully and gets out. Youngjae gets up and follows her to the living room, where she is standing by the window.

“Look!” she says, inviting Youngjae to look outside the window.

The view is amazing. The forest that surrounds them is fully covered by snow. Youngjae thinks he hasn’t seen anything more beautiful than this.

“It’s so beautiful” Youngjae says, Shura agreeing to him by nodding.

“Why are you being loud this early?” Mark curiously asks, exiting from his room.

“Look, Mark!” the girl exclaims. “It snowed! It’s wonderful!”

She drags Mark near the window so the latter can see through it.

“Wow, it’s really wonderful” Mark agrees, staring with an amused face. “It’s been a while since the last time I saw snow”.

“C’mon! Let’s play outside!” Shura shouts, rushing to her room to change and go outside.

Youngjae laughs at her excitement but also runs to his room to get dressed properly.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Jinyoung asks approaching Mark. The elder stares at his boyfriend yawning cutely before answering.

“It snowed and the guys want to play outside”.

Jinyoung watches the scene outside the window and grins.

“Beautiful” he murmurs. Mark stares at him lovingly.

“Just like you” he whispers to him. Jinyoung turns to him and smiles widely.

“What are you doing still standing by the window?” Shura asks. Both males stare at her; Mark wondering how could she get changed in such a short time.

“Let’s change and play outside” Mark tells Jinyoung, making the latter pout.

“But I don’t have any winter clothes” Jinyoung complains.

“I’ll lend you some, don’t worry” Mark assures him. “Shura and Youngjae bought a lot of clothes for me when I arrived”.

“We didn’t want you to get ill” Shura explains. “Now go and get dressed so we can go outside”.

Mark gives Jinyoung a smack on his . Jinyoung glares at him flushing, but starts walking to Mark’s room nevertheless. Shura grins widely when Mark closes the door.

“I’m ready!” Youngjae exclaims. He’s fully equipped with boots, gloves, a scarf that almost covers his entire face and earmuffs. Shura has the same look, except that her scarf is smaller and she’s wearing a pink beanie. Shura looks at him still grinning, and her friend stares at her suspiciously. “Why are you smiling like that?”

“I have a feeling something good happened last night” she answers.

“Be more specific” Youngjae pleads.

“You’ll see” she says, walking to the kitchen. “For the moment let’s make some hot chocolate for four”.

“Aaah, now I remember!” Youngjae says. “Jinyoung stayed here last night”.

“With Mark” Shura reminds, mixing the chocolate.

“In his room” Youngjae adds, getting an idea of what could have happened.

“In his room” Shura repeats, smirking.

Youngjae grins at her while taking out four mugs, putting them on the counter.

“We’re ready” Mark says the moment Shura is already serving the drinks.

“Just in time” Youngjae says, giving one mug to him and other to Jinyoung.

“Good morning guys” Jinyoung greets them. Shura raises her mug, acknowledging the greeting before taking a sip of the hot beverage.

“So good” she comments. She can feel his entire body getting warm thanks to it.

They finish their drinks and eat something before going outside. The ground is fully covered by snow, just like all the trees in the forest. The sky is clear and the weather is cold, but it’s bearable.

Shura turns to the rest of the group and starts singing.

“Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on, let’s go and play!~~”

The others laugh at her childishness. She smiles adorably to them and then she starts making a huge snowball to build a real snowman.

“Hey, Youngjae” Mark calls the younger, “imagine a little puppy running here through the snow. It would be so cute”.

“Yes, I wish there was one. It would’ve been fun” Youngjae says with a sigh.

“Here it is” Jinyoung says, running after Youngjae while barking cutely.

“What? There’s a monster after me!!” Youngjae shouts while running away from Jinyoung, frightened to death.

Mark watches both of them running through the field meanwhile Shura ignores them, focused on building the snowman, still singing happily. Mark smiles. It really feels good, being surrounded by the people he loves. It makes his heart melt, makes him feel alive again after years of captivity and solitude. Now he’s free and has great friends and a wonderful boyfriend that love him too.

He’s taken out from his trance by something cold hitting his back. He turns around, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Hey, what are you doing standing there like an idiot?” Jaebum asks him, a smug smile placed on his face. Yugyeom waves at him from Jaebum’s side.

Mark bites his bottom lip, feeling challenged by Jaebum. He bends down to make a snowball to have his revenge. Yugyeom notices and quickly abandons Jaebum’s side, offering his help to Shura, who gladly accepts it while singing Let it go.

“JAEBUMMIE!!” Youngjae screams, running to him. “Help me please!”

Jaebum furrows his eyebrows, and then notices the raven haired male running after his sunshine. He quickly makes a snowball and throws it to Jinyoung, making impact against his chest.

“Ouch” Jinyoung groans while rubbing his coat, but stops running.

“Jaebum saved me” Youngjae cutely says, hugging Jaebum’s arm. His body is pressed against Jaebum’s, making the latter blush.

Jaebum decides to take the chance and say something corny to the younger for a change; but just as he opens his mouth a snowball hits him straight on the face.

Youngjae starts laughing madly at Jaebum’s half surprised half annoyed face, still holding Jaebum’s arm for support. Mark smirks at Jaebum, crossing his arms. Jinyoung runs to his side and gives him a hug.

“Well done darling” Jinyoung compliments him. Mark returns the hug and grins pleasantly at him, happy with the way Jinyoung just called him.

“This isn’t over” Jaebum warns. Youngjae lets him go, scared. Jinyoung also breaks the hug and distances a bit from Mark. The oldest boys quickly bend down to make more snowballs at the same time.

“Oh no” Youngjae says, running to Jinyoung’s side to hide behind him.

“Here they go again” Jinyoung says with a sigh. “Let’s go Youngjae, let’s search for a safe place”.

Jinyoung takes Youngjae’s hand –after making sure Jaebum isn’t looking at them- and guides him a bit far from them under a tree, where they can see their boys throwing snowballs at each other without getting involved. He feels again this special connection with Youngjae, and smiles.

“I’ll be back in a moment, someone is calling me” Youngjae tells him letting his hand go, breaking that connection. Jinyoung sees him walking a bit before answering his phone. He smiles at the younger and turns to watch the scene displayed on the field. Jaebum is distracted making a huge snowball and fails to notice Mark approaching from behind him, snowball in hand. He quickly smacks it against Jaebum’s , causing the latter to jump, startled. Mark runs away, laughing at the patch that has appeared on Jaebum’s trousers. Jaebum stares at it in horror before glaring at Mark, his chin popping almost out of his face. Jinyoung burst out laughing, seeing Jaebum yelling at Mark, with the latter sticking his tongue out to him. Jaebum continues making an even bigger snowball, throwing tantrums at Mark; but Jinyoung can see him smiling widely too. Meanwhile, Shura and Yugyeom are making another big snowball for their snowman. They are singing and laughing together, completely on their own world.

“I think your boyfriend’s life is in danger” Youngjae jokes, coming back to Jinyoung’s side.

“Maybe I should help him” Jinyoung suggests. The snowball Jaebum is currently carrying is as huge as a basket ball; meanwhile Mark is distracted making his own snowballs. “But they’re the ones constantly bickering. Let them solve their problems alone”.

Youngjae nods, and suddenly they hear a high pitched scream, followed by Jaebum’s evil laugh. Mark has fallen with the force of the impact, his face smashed against the snow on the ground. He raises his head and shakes it like if he was a dog, removing the snow from his face. Jinyoung laughs at how cute it is. Mark glares at Jaebum, who shrugs his shoulders. Mark smirks and takes all the snowballs he has made. Jaebum looks at him frightened, and starts to run and search for a place to hide.

“Have you noticed that you didn’t correct me when I called Mark ‘your boyfriend’?” Youngjae asks, still grinning widely at the scene in front of them.

“Maybe I didn’t do it for a reason” Jinyoung says, crossing his arms.

Youngjae stares at him and waits for a confirmation. Jinyoung smiles at him happily.

“Oh my God, congratulations!” Youngjae says while throwing himself onto Jinyoung. Jinyoung catches him, glancing slightly at Jaebum; but the latter is busy trying to dodge Mark’s snowballs.

“Thank you” Jinyoung whispers to him. He breaks the hug and smiles at how cute the other is.

“I’m so happy for you” Youngjae says. “You both really deserve to be happy”.

“Yes, we do. I want Mark to be happy, to feel everything those horrible persons forbid him to feel. To give him all the happiness they took away from him”.

Youngjae’s smile widens. Jinyoung looks so determinate and so passionate about loving Mark; he can’t help but feel a bit jealous.

“Aw guys, you’re so cute. You love each other so much. I really want you two to be happy together”.

“I know you hear this a lot, but you’re so cute Youngjae” Jinyoung says sincerely. Youngjae blushes a bit, and gives him a glad smile.

“Can you do me a favor, Jinyoung?” Youngjae suddenly asks.

“Of course. Tell me”.

“The new inquilines of my old house just called me. The oven has stopped working, so I have to go and check on it since it’s still my property; but I don’t have a driver’s license. Can you accompany me?”

“Sure. Count on me”.

“Thank you. It’s a bit far from here, but I really have to go. I’ll invite you to coffee after, I promise”.

“You don’t have to do it” Jinyoung says, laughing while covering his mouth with his hand. “I want to accompany you. We can have some alone time and also I get to see your old house”.

“Sounds great. Then tomorrow we’re having our date”.

“Don’t say that aloud or Mark and Jaebum will kill us”.

Youngjae turns to look at the two males. Jaebum is running now after Mark, but his boots slide on the snow and falls, dragging Mark along and falling directly on top of him. Mark rolls his body so he’s facing Jaebum. He catches some snow and smashes it against Jaebum’s face. Jaebum reacts throwing him a bunch of snow from the ground. They look at each other and laugh, but they don’t get up until a bit later.

“Tell me you saw that” Jinyoung says, staring at them in disbelief.

Youngjae doesn’t respond. He just makes a snowball and lifts it with his psychic powers, throwing it at Jaebum from the other side. Jaebum looks at his sides, searching from the culprit, but not finding anyone where the snowball came from.

Jinyoung now stares at Youngjae, incredulous. The latter is smirking mischievously at the confused Jaebum. Jinyoung starts to think that Youngjae really has a dark side and really enjoys torturing Jaebum.

“Hey!” Youngjae shouts, making Mark and Jaebum look at him. “Tomorrow Jinyoung and I are having a date!”

Jinyoung stares terrified at him. Mark tilts his head, curious; meanwhile Jaebum is already sending daggers to Jinyoung. To prove his point, Youngjae holds Jinyoung’s hand and starts walking to Yugyeom and Shura, who are deciding on which complements they should put on the snowman.

“NO WAY!” Jaebum yells, running after them with a snowball perfectly made in hand. Jinyoung frees his hand from Youngjae’s and starts running for his dear life; Jaebum sprinting after him. Mark quickly reacts and signals for his boyfriend to run to him so he can protect him, and quickly makes a bunch of snowballs. Youngjae laughs loudly, making his own snowballs, ready to throw them to the three males.

“Ah, I told you we should have come out early!” Hoseok complains. “The snowball fight already started without us!”

After him Jimin raises his head to have a clearer view of what’s going on. Taehyung only shrugs his shoulders.

“I don’t know why are you making a fuss” he says. “We still can join”.

Hoseok glares at him.

“I think I know who my first target is going to be” he declares, running far from them to make a snowball.

“You made him mad” Jimin accuses Taehyung while pouting.

“I only wanted him to start the action instead of just talking. And why are you complaining? You’re two versus one. It’s not fair”.

“Then why did you come with us?”

“Because I’m 100% sure that Yoongi will come and he’ll kick your asses off”.

“You’re so mean! Hoseok, Taehyung is being evil with me!” Jimin cries while running towards his friend. Hoseok glares at Taehyung.

“You’re so going to pay” Hoseok threatens.

“Catch me if you can” Taehyung defiantly says with a wink, and starts running with Hoseok after him. Jimin cheers for Hoseok and makes his snowballs to fight with his buddy.

Soon they all get caught on the same snowball fight. Yugyeom and Shura are in the middle of the war, so they try to get out as soon as possible. None of the snowballs hits them; but their snowman is completely ruined.

“My precious Olaf” Shura groans with a pout.

“We’ll build another” Yugyeom says, taking her hand in his and guiding her to a safe spot to make a new snowman.

“Look, Jinnie! They’re making a snowman!” Jungkook exclaims, pointing to them. Seokjin smiles at him while holding his hand.

“Do you want to help them?” he asks the younger.

“I want to. But look at them. It seems a bit intimate. I don’t want to break their moment”.

Seokjin glances at Shura and Yugyeom. They’re again making a huge snowball while singing together. They sometimes look at each other, smiling lovingly. He doesn’t want to disturb their lovely moment either.

“How about we make another snowman close to them but without bother them?” Seokjin suggests. “Their snowman’s little brother?”

Jungkook smiles widely at him while nodding his head vigorously.

“Let’s do it!”

Jungkook runs close to his sister and his friend. Seokjin trails behind. Shura and Yugyeom notice them and greet them pleasantly.

“We didn’t want to bother you guys” Seokjin apologizes.

“You can’t possibly bother us ever!” Shura reassures him. “You’re more than welcome to help if you want to”.

Seokjin looks at Yugyeom, and the latter smiles and nods his head in approval.

“Seokjin suggested making a little brother for your snowman” Jungkook says.

“Wow, that sounds really nice! Please do that” his sister says.

Jungkook grins at her before bending down to start building their snow

Please log in to read the full chapter