The Last Fight

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bambam, Jackson, Jaebum, Mark and Youngjae are still congregated around Jinyoung, updating him about the recent events when they hear noise on the hallway and Yugyeom and Shura break into the room.

“Guys, we have news!” Shura announces, quickly joining the crowd around Jinyoung and giving him a hug.

“What happened?” Jaebum asks.

“We’ve been informed that Jeonghan and all his allies are having a meeting at his pack” Yugyeom answers, “we didn’t know about his position until now and the leaders have decided to act”.

“You mean like, attack them?” Youngjae asks. “Take the pack and capture Jeonghan and the other leaders?”

“Exactly” Yugyeom says with a firm nod. “We don’t know when we’ll have another chance like this so we have to take it”.

“Is this information reliable?” Jinyoung suspiciously asks. “I mean, it could be a trap”.

“The source of the information is reliable, confirmed by the lead pack” Shura says then.

“Then we have to get going” Jaebum says and everybody follows him outside, including Jinyoung.

“Where are you going?” Mark asks him, grabbing him by the arm.

“We have to move, you heard that” Jinyoung says and tries to drag Mark with him, but Mark tugs at his arm preventing him from moving forward.

“Jinyoung, you’ve just woken up” Mark says with a worried tone. “You can’t just throw yourself on the battlefield like nothing happened”.

“You heard the doctor, I’m fine” Jinyoung protests, shaking his arm violently to get rid of Mark’s grip. “My body is fully recovered and we have to provide all the help we can”.

Mark stares at him, wondering if he should Jinyoung go or retain him back, but seeing Jinyoung’s determinate gaze he decides to let him go.

“Okay, but you’re staying in the rear and you’re not leaving my side” Mark says.

“Deal” Jinyoung agrees, finally being able to drag Mark along with him as they follow Jaebum.

 

Namjoon’s pack is assigned to take the eastern part of Jeonghan’s pack along with the S.U.S.F. As they walk towards their destination, Youngjae feels Jaebum’s turmoil. His partner is not afraid of confronting Jeonghan, but he’s going to assault his former pack, the pack that saw him grow up. Jaebum wonders if someone would recognize him and if they do if they would help them. Youngjae doesn’t know what to say to comfort him, so he opts for holding his hand and give it a soft squeeze. Jaebum smiles at him and returns the squeeze before looking ahead.

Behind them, Yugyeom is also having a conflict with himself. He’s nervous about meeting his father again because he doesn’t know if he will be able to convince him to fight by his side or if he will remain loyal to Jeonghan.

“Everything is going to be fine” Shura whispers to him, intertwining their fingers.

Yugyeom smiles at her, thankful for the comfort but still not sure about it.

 

Following Hyunwoo’s and Namjoon’s plan, they divide into three groups plus another one that will stay back and help those who get injured. Hyunwoo, Namjoon and Jaebum will be the captains of the three groups; meanwhile Mark will lead the auxiliary group.

Jaebum’s team is the smallest of the three, but Jaebum thinks it has the better composition: two great fighters (Yugyeom and Shura), plus two great shooters (Bambam and Jackson) and Youngjae. If only Mark and Jinyoung could take part on it everything would be perfect.

They advance in silence through the pack. Contrary to what Jaebum expected to find, the pack is unusually quiet. It makes him wonder if all this isn’t a trap like Jinyoung suggested.

Just then they hear gunshots in the distance, and it’s the signal to stop the silent movements and take real action. Just as Jaebum is about to open the door of a house it burst open in his nose and a family comes out, running away for their lives. The family passes through Jaebum’s group as if they weren’t even there, confusing them all.

They advance more through the pack and people keep running away without having Jaebum’s squad in consideration. One person approaches Jaebum and he’s about to hit the man when he kneels down and grips his tight.

“Thank you” the man says, “thank you for coming back. I knew you would come back to set us free”.

“What do you mean?” Jaebum asks while Youngjae helps the man standing up.

“We’ve been living in fear under Jeonghan’s yoke” the man says. “We were more surviving than living, so thank you, Im Jaebum, for rescuing us. Your father would be proud”.

The man smiles slightly at him before joining the crowd and getting away from the pack as far as possible.

“This people needs our help to get out from this pack” Jackson says.

“Let’s separate and help all the people we can” Jaebum orders and everyone obeys.

 

“Guys” Jaebum hears Namjoon saying through his earpiece, “we’ve located Jeonghan’s position. They are aware of our presence and they are scattering through the pack. Two of the leaders are going your way, Hyunwoo”.

“Alright” Hyunwoo answers, “we’ll take care of them”.

“We’re already after another two” Namjoon continues, “Jaebum, Jeonghan is going your way”.

“Leave him to me” Jaebum answers.

Youngjae stares at him by his side. Jaebum’s eyes are full of fury already, and Youngjae fears that he could get blinded by anger while he fights Jeonghan.

“Jaebum” Youngjae mumbles, “I know you’re anxious to fight him but… remember that you’re not him”.

Jaebum looks at him for a moment before nodding. For the corner of his eye he sees Jeonghan trying to escape and he lets out a grumble.

“He’s not running away from me” Jaebum says and speeds up, leaving Youngjae behind.

Youngjae watches him run away but instead of following him he turns around to search for his squad, trusting that Jaebum will be fine on his own.

 

“JEONGHAN!”

The called one stops running and turns around, smirking as he sees Jaebum oozing fury through all his pores.

“Hi, Jaebum” he says, still smiling at Jaebum. “We’re meeting again. How have you been?”

Instead of answering Jaebum growls and prepares to fight. Jeonghan turns around for a millisecond and quickly dials one of his minions’ number.

“I’ve found Jaebum” he mutters, “if something went wrong don’t hesitate to use it”.

Without even waiting for the minion to answer back he hangs up, turning around to face Jaebum again.

“So, you’re not sending your precious Youngjae to fight me this time, are you?” he says in a mocking tone. “Finally you got the balls to confront me alone?”

“Shut up” Jaebum growls.

“Impatient, are we?” Jeonghan lets out a chuckle. “C’mon Jaebum, prove to me that you can beat me. But don’t worry if you aren’t able to do it” Jeonghan warns, also getting ready to fight, “I won’t kill you. I’ll let you live to see how I take your precious Youngjae from you”.

Jaebum growls as he advances towards Jeonghan with clenched fists, ready to make impact against his face.

 

Youngjae’s head spins around at the sound of Jaebum’s roar, aware that it means the fight has started. He’s so absorbed thinking about Jaebum that he almost gets bitten by a werewolf if it wasn’t for Kihyun appearing by his side baseball bat in hand and hitting the werewolf as if he was scoring a home run.

“Wow, thanks” Youngjae mumbles after he gets out from his trance.

“Nothing” Kihyun answers, taking out a gun from his pocket and passing it to Youngjae. “You probably won’t need it but take it just in case”.

Youngjae nods at him and charges it. Kihyun raises his arm as he sees the werewolf standing up again.

“Here it comes again” Kihyun warns.

Youngjae turns to the side and looks at the werewolf.

“You cover me, right?” Kihyun asks him.

“Of course” Youngjae answers.

With a loud shout Kihyun runs towards the werewolf, who roars at him and aims to bite him but Kihyun avoids it and hits him with the baseball bat, but this time the wolf flies away from him, crashing against a wall and falling to the ground defeated.

“I knew I could trust you for this” Kihyun says with a smile, high fiving Youngjae.

“I just wanted to give it more impact” Youngjae comments as if making a werewolf fly wasn’t a big deal for him. “Nice hit by the way”.

“Your doctor Yoo doesn’t only know about science” Kihyun brags.

Youngjae smiles at him. Then they hear another growl and they find themselves surrounded by werewolves.

“I guess it’s time to start the party” Kihyun says, his back against Youngjae’s. “Can you do the honours, please? “

“It’ll be a pleasure” Youngjae says, making one of the wolves fly away from them.

The others ignore the flying wolf and run towards their objective. Kihyun lets out a furious shout as he too runs facing the wolves and then he starts giving strikes right and left. Youngjae on his side makes more wolves fly away and crash against walls. When his part is done he turns around to find Kihyun leaving unconscious another wolf by hitting his head. By the corner of his eye he sees a human approaching Kihyun silently. Noticing that Kihyun hasn’t seen the new threat, he does the first thing that comes to his mind: throwing the unused gun in his hand to the man, hitting him in the head with a loud crash and making Kihyun finally notice him. The man still moves to punch Kihyun but he finishes the task by kicking the guy in the stomach. The man stumbles and finally falls to the ground defeated.

“Still the best team ever” Kihyun says.

Youngjae smiles to him. They hear another growl and they turn to see another wolf running towards them at an extraordinary speed. The wolf has almost reached them when suddenly it falls to the ground immobile. They stare at the wolf in confusion and then they hear a whistle by their side.

“You’re welcome” Minhyuk sassily says, shotgun in hand and a wide grin on his face.

Both Kihyun and Youngjae smile at him and then the three

Please log in to read the full chapter