(Almost) All the truths

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook wakes up in the morning with Seokjin snoring lightly by his side. He smiles at the sight and caresses softly his cheek. He gets up from the bed and starts collecting his clothes. Then he looks at his night table and finds the necklace he took out from himself at some point last night. He doesn’t remember doing it, but probably did so it won’t be ruined or could interfere and hurt one of them.

He touches it delicately. It’s a precious object that he always wears with him unless he has to turn into a werewolf or is doing something that would harm it. He glances one more time at Seokjin before going to the kitchen to find his shirt and make breakfast before Seokjin wakes up.

He picks his shirt up from the floor and then proceeds to do the same with Seokjin’s jacket. But when he lifts it, something falls from the pocket. Jungkook bends down to pick it, and then recognizes the object: it’s the other half from his necklace, Seokjin’s half. Jungkook wants to ask the elder why it was in his jacket; but it’s happy that Seokjin still takes it with him nevertheless.

He places the jacket carefully on the couch, and then proceeds to search for something to eat. He decides to make some pancakes for them, like Seokjin used to do. He smiles at the memory and picks everything he needs.

He’s almost done making the pancakes when his mind drifts to what happened last night. He’s glad it happened, but his mind keeps wondering about all the information he received yesterday, not only from Seokjin but also from Namjoon. Luckily, he’ll get some answers today.

“Oh my God, Kookie! You’re burning them!” Seokjin shouts, hurrying to save the pancakes before they turn into a burnt mess, Jungkook letting him take his place. Of course, Seokjin’s first instinct is to save the food.

“Is food more important than me?” Jungkook asks with a pout.

“Of course not. Or maybe yes, I don’t know. My head is about to explode and I feel dizzy but I had to come here in a rush because you almost burned the kitchen”.

“Hey, I had everything under control!”

“No, you hadn’t. Now just sit and wait for breakfast”.

But instead of obeying Seokjin, Jungkook just walks behind him and hugs him.

“You didn’t say ‘good morning’” Jungkook whispers on his ear, sending shivers through Seokjin’s body, and then pecks his cheek.

Seokjin turns off the stove and faces Jungkook, dropping a kiss on the younger’s forehead.

“Good morning my Kookie” he says, making Jungkook blush.

“Yah, what’s with that ‘my Kookie’?” he asks, Seokjin chuckling at the sight of his mate blushing cutely.

“Well, you’re mine now, remember?” Seokjin says while touching Jungkook’s neck, where he has a small bite mark. Jungkook places his hand above Seokjin’s, and then he touches the matching bite mark Seokjin has on his neck.

“And you’re also mine” Jungkook says, making Seokjin smile. “You know, you have to explain everything to me later”.

“I know. But let’s just eat for the moment” Seokjin disposes the food in two plates and offers one to Jungkook. They grab some juice and then they sit at the table.

“I found your necklace in your jacket” Jungkook comments, and Seokjin stops chewing. “You weren’t wearing it”.

“I just took it out because I felt like I didn’t deserve it”.

“Why?”

Seokjin reaches for Jungkook’s hand and holds it above the table.

“I thought you didn’t want me by your side anymore because I did something wrong so I removed it. But I still kept it with me, as a reminder of the times we were happy together”.

Jungkook takes the necklace from his pocket and gets up, moving towards Seokjin to put the necklace on him again.

“I’m sorry” he says while doing it. “It’s my entire fault”.

Before Jungkook can go, Seokjin grabs him by the arm and forces him to sit on his lap. Jungkook looks at him surprised, but he enjoys pretty much being seated on his lover’s lap.

“We talked about it yesterday. It’s in the past now. Let’s just enjoy the moment from now on. We won’t hide anything from each other anymore. No more secrets and no more avoiding each other. Let’s go back to how we were before”.

“But we can’t” Jungkook says, Seokjin furrowing his eyebrows. “We were only friends before. We’re more than that now”.

Seokjin relaxes and grabs his fork to feed Jungkook.

“Then what are we now?” he playfully asks.

“We’re mates” Jungkook responds, allowing Seokjin to feed him.

“Only mates? It sounds so formal”.

“Boyfriends?”

“But no one asked me”.

Jungkook sighs. He stops Seokjin from feeding him and caresses his cheek.

“Kim Seokjin” he says, Seokjin grinning pleased to him. “Do you want to be my boyfriend?”

“You should have asked before we had . You’ve skipped at least two levels”.

Jungkook flicks the elder’s forehead, causing Seokjin to yelp.

“You’re unbelievable” Jungkook says pretending to be upset, turning to the other side so he isn’t facing Seokjin.

“But you love me” Seokjin says, kissing Jungkook’s exposed bite mark.

“Hell I do” Jungkook says, facing Seokjin again and kissing him deeply on the lips.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi are talking about the meeting they’re having with the entire pack later today when they hear someone knocking at the door. Namjoon opens it to find Jaebum.

“Hi, Namjoon. Can we talk for a moment?”

Namjoon nods and signals to Jaebum to come in, where Yoongi welcomes him.

“It’s fine if Yoongi is here?” Namjoon asks.

“Of course it’s fine” Jaebums responds. “I won’t distract you much. I want to talk about Mark”.

“What’s with Mark? Isn’t he happy here?” Namjoon inquires.

“No, it’s not that. But there was a part of his story he didn’t told us”.

Namjoon and Yoongi look at him, intrigued. Jaebum proceeds to tell them the whole story about Mark, not forgetting to include Jinyoung. When he ends, Namjoon and Yoongi stare at each other, thinking about it.

“I don’t know what to say” Namjoon finally says. “It’s kind of unexpected”.

“I know. But I trust them. When Youngjae and Shura found Jinyoung two men were there at his house to kill him. I believe in them. I’m sure they’re telling the truth”.

“I said Mark was the last person I’d accept. It was for a reason, Jaebum. You know we are being watched closely. One bad move and all our work will be destroyed”.

“I know, Namjoon. But having Jinyoung here can make us more good than bad. He can heal people. It’s an incredible power. We can’t let him go. I’ll respond for him, like I do for Mark”.

Namjoon sighs and looks at Yoongi.

“What do you think?” he asks his partner.

“I think he’s right” Yoongi says. “Like you’ve said, we’re being watched. That means we have enemies, and if we end up fighting them, Jinyoung will be a great advantage”.

Namjoon looks alternatively between Jaebum and Yoongi, and finally he makes a decision.

“Okay, I allow him to stay here. He’ll be living at your house, so you’re in charge of taking care of him”.

“Thank you” Jaebum says, bowing to him.

“By the way” Namjoon continues, “tell all your friends to come this afternoon to the meeting we’ll be having at the common room. There are some things I want to clarify to everyone”.

“Sure. We’ll be there”.

When Jaebum leaves, Namjoon’s mind is already busy with a lot of things. Yoongi notices and puts a hand over the leader’s shoulder.

“Namjoon, relax. Everything is going to be fine”.

“I really hope so. You know I trust Jaebum, so I trust his words. I hope I won’t be mistaken”.

Yoongi smiles at him, and Namjoon finally relaxes a bit.

 

The common room is already crowded when they arrive, but fortunately the first seats are unoccupied. Shura notices Jungkook and Seokjin already sitting there, accompanied by Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung. She sits by Jungkook’s side, followed by Youngjae. Mark sits beside him, and a while after Jinyoung arrives with Jaebum and Yugyeom. Mark practically forces Jinyoung to sit by his side –even when the latter was going to do it anyways- so Yugyeom sits beside them grinning and then Jaebum sits by his side, a bit upset because he didn’t get to sit with Youngjae.

“So are you fine now guys?” Shura asks Seokjin and Jungkook.

“Yes, we are” Jungkook answers, and intertwines his fingers with Seokjin’s, “more than fine”.

“Uh, you’ll have to give me the details later bro” Shura jokes, and Seokjin flushes.

“Of course sis” Jungkook winks at him, and Seokjin pokes him lightly on the arm.

“By the way, nice tattoos you have in there” Shura says, pointing at their necks. “How come I never noticed them?”

Seokjin is about to answer her when Namjoon comes in, followed by Yoongi and Bonnie.

“We’ll tell you later” Seokjin whispers to her and she raises his thumb to let him know it’s fine.

“Good afternoon everyone” Namjoon says. He’s standing at the front of the room, Yoongi at his right and Bonnie at his left. “First of all, thank you for coming here. I should have done this sooner, but until now I didn’t think our pack was well settled. By the way, let’s welcome our new and last incorporation, Park Jinyoung. Please come here”.

Jinyoung gulps, but does as the leader commands. Namjoon has an imposing and strong aura that makes your body obey him before you can even blink. Jinyoung walks until he’s in front of Namjoon, and he feels small compared to the leader.

“Welcome, Jinyoung. Nice to meet you” he says, offering his hand for a shake.

“It’s my pleasure” Jinyoung says, glad that he can still talk even with his nervousness, and accepts the shake. “Thank you for letting me stay here”.

“No problem” Namjoon releases him and faces the crowd before him. “Guys, Park Jinyoung here has an exceptional physic power, so I expect all of you to treat him with respect” he turns and whispers to Jinyoung “you can go sit now”.

Jinyoung nods and returns to his seat besides Mark, the latter holding his hand to comfort him.

“Now, I want to tell you all something” Namjoon continues. “Something I should have told you before. Most of you don’t know, but some of us came from a cruel pack, like me. They treated us like if we were animals. No, worse than that. They forced us to fight against our own friends when we were young. They ruled our pack using violence and terror. Even though I was born in there, my parents died when I was a baby, so I didn’t owe anything to them. I found a way to escape and reported everything to the lead pack, my body being an evidence of all the atrocities they did to us. They caught our pack and we were freed. As a reward, they gave me the chance to start over in another pack. My own pack”.

The room remains quiet. Everyone is absorbed and intrigued about the story Namjoon is telling. Their pack’s story.

“I accepted their offer. I formed a new pack with some of the survivors from my previous pack under the supervision of the lead pack. I invited to join me any person I found abandoned or alone until we reached our limit. We have lived in peace here. But out there, there are people that are in discomfort with us”.

Namjoon looks at his public and finds amused faces. Namjoon knows everyone is loyal to him; he made sure of it.

“We don’t follow the traditional alpha-beta-omega’s system. We aren’t conditioned by our strength or our lineage. I’m the alpha because that’s the title the lead pack gave to me. I’m equal to all of you. No one is better than the others. No one has more rights than the rest. We don’t have slaves. We don’t look down at each other and we cooperate and coexist in harmony.

But there’s still people ingrained to traditional customs that don’t tolerate what we have in here. I also think the lead pack let us be because we are like an experiment to them. If they see it works fine, I think they’ll adopt our system. I don’t mind. But it puts us in danger. We have to be cautious with all the things we do and say. We’ve been doing well, and I expect to stay like that. I know we can do it together.

That’s why I want to tell you about mating too. The older ones probably know something. Nowadays it’s an underrated question and almost anybody pays attention to it. Everyone thinks mating brings more disadvantages than benefits. I don’t think so. It’s true it’s risky, but I can tell it’s really worth it”.

The room erupts on murmurs, asking what is that and why it’s important. Seokjin looks at Jungkook and the latter squeezes his hand. For them, there is no way back. Seokjin is still surprised at how quickly Jungkook accepted to mate; but it’s more surprised about how mature he seemed when he told the elder why he wanted to do it anyways. Seokjin understands his reasons. He thinks like that too.

Yoongi shouts a silence and the room remains quiet again.

“Thank you” Namjoon says to Yoongi before continuing. “To make it simply, it’s the fusion between two souls that want to be together forever. Once you do it, you can’t undo it. It remains until one of them dies. The link between mated persons gives them strength and happiness. They can feel what the other feels and even locate each other. The deeper the bond is, the stronger the persons are. But, if one of them dies by unnatural causes, the other becomes weak until they finally die too.

This part always scares everyone. That’s why nowadays almost anybody mates. But I truly believe that love makes you powerful, stronger. Union makes force. I think people that don’t take the chance to mate are actual cowards. But I respect your decision if you don’t want to mate. I only wanted to inform you about it, but I highly recommend mating.

And before I forget, to mate you have to bite the person you love during a ual . The mark will remain on you and your mate. We are wolfs and that’s why we like to mark what’s ours. We become very protective over our mates, but it’s in our nature. God, I feel like a father giving his kids the talk”.

Everyone laughs, meanwhile Shura looks with hanging open to Jungkook and Seokjin, now realizing that their marks are not tattoos but real bite marks. Mating marks. Jungkook notices and shrugs his shoulders. Shura mouths a we are definitely talking later, to which Jungkook nods and they focus again on Namjoon.

“And that’s all. Just be careful with anything you do and I’m sure we can live at peace without other people watching us. Free” Bonnie gives Namjoon a bottle of water and he takes a long sip before continuing. “Any questions?”

A boy seated at the bottom raises his hand, and Namjoon nods with his head, giving the boy permission to ask.

“Are you mated?” he asks, and the room erupts in laughter.

“I was expecting something like that” Namjoon says, smiling. “Yes, I am. It would be a bit hypocrite if I insist you to mate and I’m not. Any more questions?”

A girl now raises her hand.

“Can we see your mating mark?”

Yoongi scoffs by his side, and Namjoon gives him a quick death glare before removing his shirt a bit to show his

Please log in to read the full chapter