Confrontations

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Youngjae wakes up to an unpleasant sound. He covers his ears with his hands, and glances towards Minhyuk, who lies awake staring at the ceiling, but doesn’t seem bothered by the sound.

“What was that?” Youngjae asks when it stops.

“The morning alarm” Minhyuk answers, rolling to the side to look at Youngjae. “They will come in five minutes to you to your workplace”.

“Fantastic” Youngjae says sarcastically while getting up from the bed to use the bathroom.

“You’ll get used to it” he hears Minhyuk say from the other side.

He quickly washes his face and finds some deodorant on the sink. Youngjae wonders if they will give him some more clothes, because he doesn’t want to smell bad.

“Hey, Minhyuk” Youngjae says when he gets out, “how do you do laundry here?”

“Each three days someone comes and takes my dirty clothes and then gives me fresh ones” he answers, “at least they care about hygiene. Even though a toothbrush would be great”.

They hear some noise outside and then the door is opened, two men standing outside motioning for Youngjae to follow them.

“I’ll ask for one” Youngjae tells Minhyuk before leaving.

“Good luck with that” Minhyuk says as the door closes again, leaving him alone once more.

 

“Good morning Youngjae” Jeonghan says as he joins s in escorting the younger.

The latter doesn’t respond; he glares at his captor instead. He’s more bothered now after the men injected the serum to him, making him feel weak again.

“Ah, you’re not talking to me” Jeonghan says, pretending to be offended, “I thought we were friends”.

“You forced me to come” Youngjae blurts out, “that doesn’t make us friends”.

“I didn’t force you. I gave you the chance to go”.

“And then my friends would have been dead”.

“But you still had the option”.

Youngjae desists on responding to him and just keeps walking.

“Anyways” Jeonghan says when they stop in front of a small room with a glass door, “from now on you’re working here. Let me introduce you to your new boss”.

Jeonghan dismisses his fellows and opens the door for Youngjae, who enters without sparing a glance towards the other. The room is full with papers and strange machines Youngjae hasn’t ever seen, but it looks like some sort of laboratory. Working on a computer is a brown haired male, who seems to be too focused on his work to even notice that someone came in until Jeonghan knocks on the door after coming in.

The guy stops typing on the computer and turns to them, glaring at Jeonghan almost instantly.

“Good morning, Kihyun” Jeonghan says, ignoring the way the boy is practically killing him with his eyes. Youngjae doesn’t believe how lucky he is that Jeonghan brought him directly to Kihyun, Minhyuk’s friend and his only hope to get out from there.

“I’m busy” it’s the only thing Kihyun says to him, inspecting Youngjae from head to toes.

“I know, that’s why I got you an assistant” Jeonghan says, giving Youngjae a little push towards Kihyun, “Choi Youngjae here is an excellent computer engineer and will help you with anything you want him to”.

Youngjae smiles to him, but Kihyun doesn’t return it. He’s still staring at Youngjae, probably trying to know if he’s ally or enemy.

“Youngjae, meet Yoo Kihyun” Jeonghan continues, “the most brilliant mind you’ll ever find. I expect great things from you both. I have to leave you guys, but in the meantime you could get to know each other better. See you guys”.

Jeonghan smiles to them one last time before going out. Kihyun and Youngjae stare at each other; Kihyun still trying to decipher if Youngjae is reliable or not and Youngjae thinking of a way to approach the other to let him know he’s an ally.

“Well, take a seat” Kihyun says finally. Youngjae complies and sits on a chair besides him, “I’ll give you some problems to see how much do you know and then work based on that”.

Youngjae nods. Kihyun grabs a notebook and a pen and starts writing on it. Youngjae watches him until he’s done.

“Please, answer in the next page” Kihyun says while giving the notebook to Youngjae.

Youngjae takes a look at it. There’s some equation on the page, and just below it there’s something else written.

There’s a camera with a microphone behind us. Who are you and why do they want you to work with me?

Youngjae glances briefly at Kihyun, the latter staring back at him, waiting for his answer. Youngjae takes another pen and turns the page before writing the solution followed by a note.

They are keeping me here against my will. They want to use me against a friend of mine. My name is Youngjae and I’m Minhyuk’s cellmate. He said you could help me get out from here. He told me you’re also here against your will, so I thought that maybe we could help each other to escape from here.

He returns the notebook back to Kihyun, and then he sees the latter narrowing his eyes at it. Kihyun glances at Youngjae, who nods discretely at him and then he turns the page again.

“Nice. I’ll give you a difficult one” Kihyun says while scribbling on it. Youngjae turns around briefly and notices the camera that Kihyun mentioned earlier. “Here you go” Kihyun says, giving the notebook to Youngjae again.

How is he? They didn’t allow me to see him this week. I’m sure he wouldn’t have told you anything if he didn’t trust you, and I trust him so I’m trusting you too. This isn’t going to be easy; we’re constantly being watched. Your name sounds familiar by the way.

Youngjae looks at Kihyun again, but this time the latter is staring at him with curious eyes. He quickly writes a reply and hands the notebook to Kihyun again.

He’s fine, don’t worry. He told me everything about you two, and I told him about me too. I have psychic powers. I can move things with my mind and recently I destroyed a property of them all by myself, maybe that’s why it sounds familiar to you.

Kihyun smiles a bit.

“Okay, I’ll give you a different one this time” Kihyun says, writing furiously something again.

Ah yes, I know that story. Nice job. I suppose they are giving you the serum I made for them. It was a bit complicated to make, but I’m pretty sure I can find a way to suppress it; we just need a bit of time. It would be really good if you could use your powers. If my friends could find us and cause a ruckus we would be able to find a way out and also we could destroy all the armament they have since I know where they are hiding it. I’m sure you’ve heard about the silver bomb. We have to destroy it or a lot of people will die.

Youngjae turns the page and starts writing on it.

They threatened me with it. I can’t avoid the dose they give me, so we are going to have to be discreet while working here. But I’ll help you with whatever you want me to. We’re on the same team. You can trust me. I doubt there’s a person who could hate Jeonghan as much as I do right now.

Kihyun reads the note and smirks, closing the notebook and leaving it on the desk.

“Well, Youngjae” Kihyun says, “I think we’re ready to work together. It’s a pleasure to have you here”.

“Same” Youngjae says while returning the smirk to Kihyun.

 

“So he really exists” Bambam says.

“Of course he does! I’ve showed you photos before” Jinyoung says while taking the photos from his friends’ hands.

“I’m not fully believing it until I see him with my own eyes” Jackson says while sticking his tongue out.

“Why are you being like this?” Jinyoung asks the two of them.

“Because it’s so funny to tease you, Jinyoung” Jackson says while smirking.

Jinyoung glares at him, causing Bambam to laugh. Changkyun, who has been watching them from his spot, grins at them slightly.

“Jinyoung” Hyunwoo calls him, “can you come here for a moment?”

Jinyoung nods and approaches Hyunwoo. He guides Jinyoung to another room, the same one he was previously in: the interrogation room. Only that after the glass there is his ex-boss, tied to the chair while looking everywhere a bit tense.

“You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to” Hyunwoo says, seeing the disgusted look on Jinyoung’s face, “but Hyungwon suggested that he would be more responsive towards you since you have a connection”.

“He wants me dead” Jinyoung says, “I don’t know why he would spill everything to me”.

“Because he knows you” Hyungwon says, joining them, “people react better to a person that they already know before a person that doesn’t have any type of connection with. Moreover, the fact that you’re standing here while he’s tied to a chair in there will bother him more. And when his patience drains out I’m sure he will spill everything willingly. But if someone can upset him to the point he loses his mind, it would be you”.

Jinyoung looks at him. The fact that he’s free now would be really a bother to his ex-boss, who was at the edge of killing him. He doesn’t want anything to do with this man again; but in this moment he’s the only one who can provide him with information about Youngjae’s location.

“I’ll do it” Jinyoung says.

“If you feel suffocated at some point put your hands on your back and raise your thumbs, and Hyungwon will come in to replace you” Hyunwoo says, giving him a little squeeze on the arm.

Jinyoung nods. Hyunwoo opens the door for him before walking besides Hyungwon, both of them looking through the glass.

Jinyoung closes the door, making his ex-boss notice him.

“Park Jinyoung” the man says with a smirk, “you’re still alive”.

“You won’t kill me that easily” Jinyoung says defiantly, standing before him at the other side of the table.

“So? You got me now. But worse people are out there, Jinyoung. Meanwhile you’re here playing cops with me my friends are out there doing whatever. Maybe they are now laying their hands on your precious Mark”.

“Who are these friends of yours?” Jinyoung asks while clenching his fists.

“What makes you think I’m going to tell you? I’d rather die before telling you anything. But they’ll find you and then they’ll kill you”.

“Who are they?” Jinyoung repeats angrily.

He knows he shouldn’t let this man’s words get through his mind. He’s only provoking him; but Mark’s name pronounced by this despicable person makes him really angry. And also part of him is angry with himself for not having a way to get back to Mark or know anything about him.

“I said I’d rather die than telling you”.

Jinyoung growls and slams his fists on the table, startling his ex-boss and his two friends at the other side of the glass.

“This isn’t going well” Hyunwoo says, “it’s too early”.

“He needs to be prepared because it won’t be easy,” Hyungwon says, “but I’m sure he’s the only one who can take the information out from him. He’ll get better; he just needs to see what it is like”.

Hyunwoo nods. Before him, Jinyoung walks to stand beside his ex-boss.

“Who is working with you?” Jinyoung asks.

“Do you know what I do before going to bed every night?” his ex-boss says with a smirk. “I think about all the possible ways I could kill Mark painfully slow and make you watch it. Or ways to torture you for Mark’s eyes to see”.

Jinyoung’s blood boils inside him. He has to take all of his willpower to not kill this man right now with his own hands.

“Who are they?” Jinyoung demands one more time.

“Mark has a nice face, doesn’t he? I bet other guys and girls would do anything to have him on their bed. He would make such a great slave for my friends” the man says nonchalantly, smiling even more when he sees Jinyoung glaring intensely at him. “Tell me Jinyoung, have you touched Mark yet? You know, intimately. Because if you haven’t, I bet it will be the first thing they will do to him”.

Hyunwoo gulps. He’s about to intervene when Hyungwon grabs him by his arm.

“Wait until he signals you to come in” he says.

“But-“

“Believe me. He needs this to get better. That’s how I made it”.

Hyunwoo sighs. He knows he’s talking with the best interrogator in his team; but he worries for Jinyoung. He wouldn’t bear having someone talking like that about Minhyuk.

“Oh, you haven’t touched him yet” the man says seeing how Jinyoung tries to calm himself by inhaling and exhaling deeply, “what a pity. I bet he was expecting you to be his first. But well, he’s half animal; if you keep being away from him his wolf instincts will kick in and I’m sure he’ll look for someone else to take. Would you like that? Imagine your little Mark begging some other person for more…”

“Shut up” Jinyoung growls. How dare this man talk about Mark like that? He’s not like that, Jinyoung knows it.

But hearing those words it’s not a pleasuring experience either.

“Why? You know it’s true. You can’t trust a werewolf. They respond to their animal instincts. Maybe meanwhile you’re here wasting your time with me he’s already on his knees waiting for someone to-“

He’s cut by Jinyoung aggressively grabbing the neck of his shirt. He looks furious and angry, like he’s ready to kill him any moment. A part of him is scared of this side of himself, but his other half is somehow contented.

“I told you to shut up!” Jinyoung yells on his face. “Tell me who the are those friends of yours and I’ll go kill them after I’m done with you”.

The man smirks.

“If you’re this bothered is because you really don’t trust Mark. You know what I’m saying is right. He’s half animal and-“.

He doesn’t get to end the sentence because out of the blue his middle finger is twisted in a painful way. The man shouts in sorrow, meanwhile Jinyoung releases him, not knowing too what happened. But it definitely was him.

The door opens and Hyunwoo and Hyungwon rush in. Hyungwon bends down and takes a look at the injured hand.

“It’s broken” he says, staring at Hyunwoo with a shocked look.

Hyunwoo, who is holding Jinyoung to stop him from hurting the man more, stares at the weird position of this man’s finger, wondering how it happened since Jinyoung didn’t touch it.

“He’s a monster!” the man says abruptly between cries, “I knew there was something odd with you but you’re an actual monster!”

Jinyoung flinches; too many emotions running through his body: anger, sadness but also fear of himself.

“Let’s get you out from here” Hyunwoo whispers to him, dragging him out.

Hyungwon goes out too; heading towards the infirmary to take the necessary supplies to heal the man’s wound. Hyunwoo takes Jinyoung out of the building, seeing how agitated the other boy is. Jinyoung takes a deep breath of fresh air while resting his back on a wall. They don’t say anything; Hyunwoo only stares at Jinyoung, thinking about possible ways to comfort the other.

“I’m sorry” Jinyoung mutters after a while. “I shouldn’t have reacted like that”.

“It’s your first day, it’s okay” Hyunwoo says, “I shouldn’t have pressured you either. We’ll think another way to obtain the information from him”.

Jinyoung looks at the blue sky above him. He’s calm now but he’s also very disappointed at himself for letting that man irk him. But at least he has a theory about what could have happened earlier.

“Jinyoung”, Hyunwoo calls hi

Please log in to read the full chapter