Farewell Part I

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What are we going to do?” Yoongi asks Namjoon first time in the morning.

Namjoon crosses his arms. He doesn’t know. According to what Jaebum told them last night, the people who took Jinyoung were humans. If that’s the case they are tied by hands and feet. But there’s a thing that has been bugging him since last night: Youngjae said the people who took him were werewolves. So how is it possible that humans took Jinyoung and werewolves took Youngjae when they were together?

The only rational explanation is that humans and werewolves are working together. But it doesn’t sound logical either; especially knowing what type of humans and what type of werewolves are they dealing with. If they are passing through their differences and joining forces they have to be plotting something big.

“I don’t know” Namjoon answers in all honesty, “they’re humans; we can’t do anything. And we’ll be lucky if Jeonghan doesn’t report Youngjae to the lead pack. He doesn’t have a good reputation but at least is better than ours”.

Yoongi understands. Their situation is complicated. Other packs are waiting for them to do a blind move so they can attack them willingly.

“But we can’t just let them have Jinyoung” Yoongi says. “He’s part of the pack now”.

“I know”, Namjoon mutters, “this bothers me as much as it bothers you. But it’s complicated. The only thing I could do is to send Youngjae out to search for him since he’s also human. And I know he would do it willingly. But I can’t let him go out either because he could get attacked by someone”.

Namjoon sighs. He doesn’t want Jinyoung outside the pack; they must stay united. But there’s no way they can go after him, as much as it hurts him. Whoever plotted this was smart, Namjoon concludes.

The silence between him and Yoongi is broken by the door opening violently. They turn to look at the intruder: a sweaty and very agitated Jaebum, who has probably rushed to reach them.

“We have to talk” he demands, panting.

Namjoon nods and signals for him to sit on the couch; but Jaebum refuses and stands still.

“Namjoon, Youngjae is in danger” Jaebum warns him.

“I know, but please relax a bit” Namjoon says, seeing the state Jaebum is in.

“You don’t understand the issue” Jaebum says nervously, “Jeonghan knows. He’s the one who took Youngjae. I’m sure he knows”.

Yoongi and Namjoon stare at him curiously.

“Know what?” Namjoon asks.

Jaebum gulps. This is the first time he’s admitting it publicly, and he wishes it would have been different.

“That I’m in love with Youngjae” he whispers, but not low enough for Namjoon and Yoongi to not hear it.

They don’t know how to react. Namjoon is happy that Jaebum has found someone who has melted his heart after years of seeing the other suffering in silence. Jaebum deserves happiness. But at the same time this information only adds fuel to the problem at hand.

“How are you sure he knows?” Yoongi asks him, a bit doubtful.

“He has to. He always knows everything from everybody” Jaebum answers, chewing at his lip. “I don’t know how he does it, but he does. I’m sure he knows Youngjae is important to me and he will try to take him and hurt him so I’ll suffer too”.

Namjoon listens closely. He wants to believe Jaebum: he has seen the despicable game Jeonghan has been playing with Jaebum since a long time ago. But at the same time Jaebum seems a bit paranoid when it comes to Youngjae. The younger told them it was a regular werewolf who took him because he wanted revenge from a fight they had at the fighting club previously. Namjoon knows about that fight because the involved ones told him. It’s a logical explanation. Jaebum is just assuming Jeonghan knows something that almost anyone from the pack knows; even though Namjoon must admit the boy is pretty obvious. But outside the pack they didn’t had any interaction that would have made Jeonghan suspicious. And he couldn’t just know magically.

“But Jaebum, it’s impossible he could know it” Namjoon tries to reason with him, “you and Youngjae haven’t been outside the pack together. He can’t know just by looking at him or you. You’re allowing him to crawl under your skin and get in your mind. Don’t let him win Jaebum, you’re better than that”.

Jaebum snaps at this. It’s true; Jeonghan is only playing tricks with his mind. He has to relax. Youngjae got out alone from a big mess; he can endure whatever fate throws at him.

“I’m sorry” Jaebum apologizes, seeming to calm a bit. “I shouldn’t let him have his way inside my mind. It’s just…” he sits on the couch, covering his face with his hands. Namjoon hurries and puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “I don’t want him to be hurt because of me. I don’t want anything to happen to him”.

“I know, Jaebum” Namjoon says with a soft tone, “but you have to understand that Youngjae is strong. He was able to stand on his feet and get out from that hell alive. If you’d ask him to fight by your side, I’m sure he would do it. God, he would do it even if you wouldn’t ask him. I bet he was thinking about you when he destroyed that warehouse. I bet he was thinking about finding Jinyoung, about coming home and see all his friends. When Seokjin picked him up and brought him here he couldn’t stop asking where you were. He even wanted Bonnie to heal him the fastest she was able to so he could go and save Jinyoung too, and he was injured pretty badly”.

Jaebum can’t hide the smile that spreads through his face. He’s so proud of his Youngjae; he doesn’t think it will come a day when the younger doesn’t surprise him with a new amazing skill of his.

“Imagine him enraged” Yoongi says, “I bet he could kill with a glance anything that would come in his way. The guy is really something. He has the guts and the power; a lethal combination indeed”.

Jaebum smiles widely. Youngjae isn’t scared of anything, unlike him. He tries to imagine a furious Youngjae, making his way through the battle field and defeating anything that comes to him. Angry Youngjae must be hot, he decides while blushing a bit.

“You don’t have to worry about him” Namjoon says with a smile, “he’ll be fine”.

Jaebum decides to trust his words and finally leaves, feeling like a weight have been removed from his heart.

“But what if he knows?” Yoongi asks, always prepared for the worst.

“Then we pray that Jaebum doesn’t do anything stupid” Namjoon says. “Youngjae is powerful but Jeonghan is a very dangerous man. We can expect anything from him”.

Yoongi is already wishing everything will end up right.

 

As soon as he steps in his house, an uneasy feeling starts to settle on Jaebum’s heart; his insecurities hunting him again. He sits on the couch and thinks. Thinks a way to protect Youngjae. To keep him away from danger. But the only things that come to his mind are answers Jaebum doesn’t really like; because all of them involve hurting Youngjae one way or another.

 

“And that’s everything I know” Mark ends. Namjoon nods to him, registering each piece of information the other has given him.

“Well, that doesn’t give us much to work on” Namjoon says, “but we’ll figure out something. Why do you think your boss would want to make a deal with Jeonghan’s pack?”

“I don’t know” Mark says, “my boss hated werewolves. I can’t picture why he would want to deal with them”.

“You said there were others like you” Yoongi says. “That could mean they were kidnapped. But we don’t have any information about that”.

“Unless someone else is covering it” Youngjae suggests. Namjoon turns to look at him as if the boy would have discovered the actual answer of it, a wave of proudness running through Jaebum’s body.

“That could be” Yoongi agrees, “Jeonghan has great contacts. Any pack in favor of going against humans’ rights is on his side. They could have been kidnapping small packs and then giving them to humans to experiment. And after that they somehow managed to cover it up”.

“But in exchange of what?” Shura asks.

“Information” comes Youngjae’s answer again. Namjoon is gladly surprised by how quick the boy thinks for a possible answer. “Maybe the werewolves want to know how far they can go when put under pressure or when have been given some drugs or anything like that to them. What things make them weak or stronger, maybe?”

“But we already know” Namjoon says. “Silver makes us weak and can even kill us. It’s common knowledge”.

“What if they are making new weapons?”

“If humans are making new weapons why would the werewolves help them?”

Youngjae wonders about it for a moment, and finally sighs.

“I don’t know. Maybe they want to use them for their own advantage? But it doesn’t make sense if the humans build them first”.

Silence settles on the room. Everyone is thinking about a possible answer to that; but now everything seems nonsense.

“This is really complicated” Yugyeom states.

“For the moment we’re sending someone to the fighting club to search for information about Jinyoung” Namjoon says. Mark is already raising his hand to volunteer for it.

“Mark, I know you want to go but it’s risky” Namjoon says with a sigh. “If that people was still after Jinyoung they are after you too. I can’t let you out like that”.

“But-“

“I’ll go” says Jaebum confidently. Mark smiles at him.

“You’re not in a good position either” Namjoon says with a sigh, “I’ll ask Hoseok and Jimin. Maybe Taehyung too”.

Yoongi looks at him like he wanted to argue about that; but quickly shrugs it off. Meanwhile Jaebum looks dejected at him, and Youngjae immediately senses something off.

“What about Jeonghan?” Yugyeom asks. Jaebum’s body stiffens and Youngjae understands that that name is bad news.

“We wait” Namjoon says. “If we can’t prove that Youngjae was kidnapped by them and they report us we’re ed. But I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything about it yet”.

Jaebum thinks about it. He realizes then that Jeonghan must be up to something. If he hasn’t say a word about the incident is because he’s plotting something; involving Youngjae of course. Jaebum’s pulse accelerates at the thought of his enemy laying his hands on his precious sunshine. His blood boils and his mind is clouded with paranoid thoughts again. Youngjae notices and smiles at him; but that smile only breaks Jaebum more, knowing he could cause that smile to wreck.

“Well, that’s all for the moment” Namjoon resumes, “we’ll talk again tomorrow. Youngjae, I want you to start working from home. You can’t go to college alone. Until we find Jinyoung I want all of you safe”.

“It won’t be a problem” Youngjae assures.

“Good. Shura, try to catch all the shifts at the hours when the café is more crowded. They won’t attack you if there’s people involved. But take care anyways”.

“Sure leader” Shura says with a nod.

“See you tomorrow. Have a nice day everyone”.

Namjoon leaves followed by Yoongi. Yugyeom bids farewell to them and goes out to patrol the forest. Jaebum is the last one to leave Shura’s house, but not before Youngjae could ask him if he has a moment to talk about something.

“I have to do something this afternoon” Jaebum lies; he has nothing to do but think more possible ways to protect Youngjae without having to hurt him.

“Maybe tonight? Just five minutes, I promise” Youngjae pleads with puppy eyes. And once again, Jaebum falls for it and nods. Youngjae lets out a squeal before waving goodbye to him.

Jaebum goes to his house and thinks. Thinks about Youngjae’s smile, about how nice it would be to wake up seeing it in the morning till the night when the two of them would fall asleep next to each other. Thinks about how nice it would feel to hold Youngjae between his arms; about how good it would feel to kiss that tempting lips of his. Thinks about how a future with Youngjae would be. He smiles, knowing that it would be amazing and full of surprises. There would be bad times but they would always overcome them together. They would link their fingers and stare at the sunset. They would eat ice cream together and then he would wipe a bit of ice cream from Youngjae’s mouth, and Youngjae would smile to him. And Jaebum would say ‘I love you’ and Youngjae would answer ‘I love you too’.

But those are things that will never happen if Jeonghan gets Youngjae. So instead of thinking about future with Youngjae he has to think about the present.

 

“So what you’re trying to say is,” Bambam says after Jinyoung decided to tell them all the truth, totally not being threatened by the younger, “that Mark is a werewolf. And you’re in love with each other but there are bad persons that want to hurt you both. And you’re helping Jooheon and his squad of Special Forces-“

“Special unit from the Security forces” Jinyoung corrects him.

“Whatever. You’re helping them catch the bad boys that have your friend captive-“

“Youngjae” Jinyoung corrects again.

“Youngjae” Bambam repeats, “and after that you’re free to go after your prince charming. But the only problem is that you forgot where he is”.

“I didn’t forget” Jinyoung complains, “it’s just…I don’t know where it is located exactly or how to go back”.

“The question is” Jackson suddenly intervenes, “we still hadn’t met this Mark guy and you said you’re dat

Please log in to read the full chapter