Jaebum and Yugyeom

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaebum likes to wake up early in the morning. Usually he makes breakfast and runs in the forest for a while. Then he showers and offers anyone his help. Yugyeom wakes up earlier than him to work patrolling the pack’s territory but he never takes breakfast.

Today, Jaebum is waking up a bit too happy. He makes a lot of breakfast and even sings a bit while doing it. He changes into sportswear and packs the extra breakfast he made, and then he heads to the training room. And why is he happier today?

Because he’s going to train with Youngjae.

Jaebum is not a fool. He knows he likes being with the younger. Even when he has other friends, Youngjae has something that attracts Jaebum and makes him crave for more of it. They know each other for a few days, but it’s enough for Jaebum to want to be friends with the younger and to want to feel the happiness the other boy irradiates.

To his surprise, Youngjae is already in there. He’s also wearing sportswear and a headband that makes him look cuter if possible. He’s fixing his shoes when he spots Jaebum and smiles widely at him.

“Good morning, Jaebummie!”

Jaebum wonders how he has all that energy in the morning when last night they were having a party and they went home late. Even when Jaebum is on the same situation, his body feels a bit tired; but the younger dared him to do this early today and he gladly accepted.

“Good morning, Youngjae” he replies and returns the smile. Youngjae’s smile gives energy to Jaebum’s body. Jaebum likes to be happy only being with him.

“I made breakfast for us” the younger says.

“Me too” Jaebum says, lifting his bag a little.

Youngjae laughs at it and Jaebum can’t help but laugh too.

“Let’s eat, then”.

Youngjae takes two cups and serves coffee. Jaebum sits in front of him and unpacks the breakfast he made. Youngjae unpacks too and they start eating.

“So you did it” Youngjae says.

“Of course. This dare is nothing to me”.

Youngjae smiles at him.

“You didn’t have to. I was joking, you know”.

Jaebum smiles and takes a sip from his coffee.

“It was just an excuse to have more time with you”.

Jaebum chokes on his coffee and spits it out. Sometimes the directness of the younger surprises him. Youngjae quickly reaches Jaebum and pats his back until the elder stops coughing. Youngjae grabs some napkins and cleans Jaebum’s disaster.

“Sorry” Jaebum says, a bit embarrassed for almost spiting something on Youngjae for the second time.

“It’s okay; I guess the coffee is still a bit hot, isn’t it?”

Jaebum nods even when it isn’t the cause of the accident. They continue eating in silence. But it isn’t an uncomfortable silence. It’s quiet and peaceful and Jaebum is able to get rid of his embarrassment. When they finish, they clean everything and save the leftovers for later.

“Okay, let’s go for the real thing” Jaebum says. Youngjae nods and stands in front of Jaebum.

“What do you want me to do?” he asks. Jaebum scratches his neck.

“I don’t know. I’ve never done this before. How about telling me how your power works?”

“I just have to concentrate on the object I want to move. It’s easy with small things, and I can move huge things but it requires a lot of mind power”.

“I see. Have you tried on a fight before?”

Youngjae looks at the floor with a dark face, making Jaebum worry.

“Yes” he says after a few seconds of silence. Jaebum wants to ask what is wrong, but when the younger lifts his sad face, the elder thinks it’s better not to.

“Okay. It gives you advantage in long distance, but if the other person is close you might not have the chance to do it. We’ll practice combat and then we’ll think of a way to involve your powers in it. Do you agree?”

Youngjae is about to reply that he actually knows how to fight and how to do it close-distance with his powers. But it will ruin the main objective of all this: having time with Jaebum. So he nods and prepares himself for what is about to come.

Jaebum runs to him without warning, attempting to shoot Youngjae down; but the younger quickly grabs Jaebum waist and with a hip turn Jaebum is the one laying on the floor. Jaebum looks at him surprised, and Youngjae takes the opportunity to sit on top of Jaebum, pinning him down.

“I thought you needed to practice?” Jaebum asks. Youngjae smirks at him.

“Please, Jaebum. That was a basic attack. You can do better”.

That sounds like a dare on Jaebum’s ears, so he smiles wickedly and with one leg he takes the impulse to roll his body, throwing Youngjae to the floor and sitting on top of him. Youngjae can’t stop laughing even when the situation is against him. Jaebum takes Youngjae’s wrists with one hand and places them above Youngjae’s head.

“I can do better, huh?” he jokes while raising an eyebrow.

Youngjae feels so embarrassed he can’t move. Jaebum has completely pinned him down, making him unable to move with the elder on top of him. The pressure Jaebum is doing to his wrists is suffocating and the fact that he is sitting on Youngjae’s belly with both of his legs on Youngjae’s sides only makes it worst. Now Youngjae regrets all this, he’s close to have a heart attack.

Jaebum stares at the beautiful male under him. He’s panting and Jaebum knows he can’t do anything with him on top because of his weight. Jaebum smiles playfully, enjoying a bit having a submissive Youngjae under him. You weren’t expecting this, huh? This is for making a fool of me all these days.

The tension between the two erases as Jaebum starts tickling Youngjae. The younger tries to resist but he can’t. He starts laughing loudly, the elder still smiling at him. He frees Youngjae’s wrist and tickles him with both hands. Youngjae is such a mess under him, but doesn’t make anything to stop Jaebum.

Youngjae can’t believe what’s happening. Jaebum is tickling him with his beautiful smile on his face, his eyes disappearing as the smile increases. The view is breathtaking, and Youngjae can’t take his eyes off of him. Youngjae knows from the first day that he likes Jaebum. The first time he saw the elder was mesmerized by his handsome look, but during all the time they’ve spent together with the moving and the parties they have known each other better and there’s nothing about Jaebum that Youngjae dislikes. Jaebum is precious to Youngjae, and he’s ready to do anything just to make the elder happy, even if he hurts himself on the process. The pain will be worth it, in Youngjae’s opinion.

Youngjae knows it’s difficult for someone like Jaebum to fall in love with him. Jaebum doesn’t seem the type of guy who likes boys. Youngjae could tell that the elder doesn’t like physical contact with other guys. But Youngjae is more than willing to love the elder unconditionally, to make him happy, and to stay with him in hard moments or in happy ones. Youngjae loves with all his heart and doesn’t care if it gets broken. He doesn’t care if Jaebum breaks his heart; he’s already preparing himself for it. But in the time until it happens, he’s going to enjoy their moments a lot.

Youngjae’s laugh makes Jaebum incredibly happy. The younger boy is the cutest and happiest thing alive. He’s a living sunshine. The sunshine Jaebum wants to see every day. Jaebum stops tickling him when Youngjae starts to cough. He stands up and offers a hand to Youngjae. The younger stands up too and Jaebum pats his back until Youngjae is breathing normal again.

“You won’t survive a tickling attack” Jaebum points, grabbing some water for him and Youngjae.

“I don’t think someone is going to attack me like that”.

“What if I do?”

“Why would you attack me?”

Jaebum stares at the ceiling, thinking.

“Maybe you get on my nerves with your sassy comments”.

Youngjae hits Jaebum’s arm playfully.

“I don’t do sassy comments”.

“Yes you do. And you make me choke because of them”.

Youngjae wants to reply that they aren’t sassy comments but small flirtations. But he would be exposed and he doesn’t want Jaebum to know about his feelings because he’s afraid Jaebum would despise him and never talk to him again.

“But I’m just trying to be funny, not sassy” Youngjae pouts, and Jaebum laughs at the sight.

They remain silent for a moment, both drinking water and catching breath until Jaebum speaks again.

“If I hurt you in our practice, just tell me”.

“You won’t hurt me, don’t worry”.

Youngjae smiles at Jaebum.  The latter catches something lingering in Youngjae’s eyes, and quickly adds:

“But if it happens, just tell me. Not just in here. If you’re hurt, tell me. You can count on me”.

Youngjae is melted by Jaebum’s words. He nods and Jaebum returns the smile.

“You can count on me too. If you need someone to talk, just tell me”.

Youngjae then pats Jaebum’s shoulder and stands up, ready to continue the practice. Jaebum stands up and follows him.

“I’ll go easy this time” Jaebum says. Youngjae pouts and fakes a hurt face.

“I’m not a little princess, just attack me”.

Jaebum laughs before going to attack Youngjae again.

Sorry Jaebum. But I will never tell you if I’m hurt because of you.

 

Yugyeom is making dinner when Jaebum comes back. He’s grinning like a teenage in love and is all sweaty.

“Hi, dinner will be ready soon” Yugyeom says.

“I’ll take a quick shower” Jaebum says.

Yugyeom nods and continues with his task. When Jaebum is finished, dinner is already served on the table. They both sit on the sofa and start eating.

“So, how was your day?” Yugyeom asks.

“Funny. But exhausting as well. How about you?”

“Like all days. Something happened today?”

“I practiced with Youngjae. He surprised me gladly. We eat launch together and practiced more lately until now”.

“So, you spent all the day with him”.

“Are you jealous?”

Yugyeom laughs a bit and shakes his head.

“Of course not. It’s just that you seemed uncomfortable with him”.

Jaebum frowns and stares at him.

“Why do you say that?”

“Last night, you seemed awkward with him. And since he arrived you’ve been acting weird”.

For some reason Jaebum feels flustered. Has he been acting weird? Well, if he has been it’s completely Youngjae’s fault. He keeps making Jaebum a fool with his sweet words and his care towards him.

“But I’m not uncomfortable with him. It’s just we barely know each other”.

Yugyeom stops eating and stares deeply into Jaebum’s eyes.

“Sure that’s the reason?”

“O-of course! Why are you staring at me?” Jaebum stares at the floor, hoping that Yugyeom will stop looking at him like that.

But Yugyeom only raises an eyebrow and looks at him suspiciously.

“Could it be that maybe you feel embarrassed when you’re with him because you like him?”

Jaebum hits Yugyeom lightly on his face, making the younger stop staring at him.

“Hey! What was that for?” Yugyeom complains, touching the damaged area.

“You’re saying bull. How can I like him if I barely know him? And c’mon he’s a guy!”

Yugyeom gives Jaebum a questioning look.

“What’s wrong with liking a guy?”

Yes, Jaebum, what’s wrong? He asks himself. He really doesn’t know. But anyways, how can he like Youngjae? He feels attracted to him, but in a friendly way. But he certainly has been doing weird things because of him. Maybe he likes Youngjae?

Yugyeom seems to be aware of Jaebum’s intern conflicts, so he laughs a bit to distract the elder. And because he finds hilarious how he has realized about the entire situation before the main person involved.

“Aish, Jaebum. Stop thinking so much, your brain is going to explode.”

“Huh? It’s your fault for making weird questions!”

They’re washing the dishes when Yugyeom talks again.

 “Hey, Jaebum. I’ve thought that maybe tomorrow when I finish working we can go to the forest to see my transformation with the others”

“Sure, I’ll tell them”.

“You’re going to practice again with Youngjae?”

“No, but I’ll tell them, ok?”

Yugyeom nods. They finish and go to bed. But before they enter their respective rooms, Yugyeom calls Jaebum’s name. The elder stares at him while holding his door.

“I’ll always support you, no matter what”.

Jaebum wants to ask why is he saying that, but Yugyeom is already inside his room with his door closed.

 

Its afternoon the next day when they are outside the house, waiting for Yugyeom and Jaebum to arrive. Shura and Youngjae are talking with Jungkook while Mark is chatting with Taehyung and Jimin. Yoongi, after making peace with Shura, is just sitting under a tree half asleep while Hoseok keeps talking, ignoring that he’s doing it to himself. Jaebum and Yugyeom finally arrive and everyone greets them.

“Well, time for the show!” Taehyung exclaims, then points to some trees near them, “That place is what we call ‘the fitting trees’. When we’re out on the forest we keep our clothes on a secret box that is hidden between these trees, so when we’re back we can change on our outfit again. There are extra clothes in case you lose yours. So, who wants to start?”

Everybody looks at each other before Yugyeom speaks.

“I think it has to be Shura, since Youngjae has never seen any change. Shura should be his first”.

Taehyung laughs at the statement, but the others just look at him, not finding funny the joke. Yoongi just sighs and gives Taehyung a hit on the head. Taehyung pouts at him while faking that he’s hurt, but Yoongi only rolls his eyes and ignores him.

“Are you okay with it?” Shura asks Youngjae, and he nods. Shura gives him a smile and goes to take off her clothes behind the ‘fitting trees’. Then a growl is heard and everyone waits for the wolf to appear.

Youngjae is amused at the view of Shura. She’s an average wolf with bright brown hair. Shura approaches Youngjae to know her friend’s opinion, and he the wolf’s ha

Please log in to read the full chapter