Jeon Jungkook

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook is not an indoor person. He has always enjoyed running through the forest, playing outside and going hiking. He likes the sensation of being free, the sensation of the nature surrounding him.

It’s the third consecutive day he’s trapped in his room and he’s starting to go crazy.

He only gets out to eat and use the bathroom; the rest of the time he’s in his room avoiding Seokjin. It’s not that he doesn’t love the elder anymore; it’s just that he doesn’t know how to approach Seokjin. He’s still collecting the pieces of his broken heart, trying to assume that to Seokjin, he’ll always be his little brother. Nothing else.

He’s also worried because Seokjin is not eating well and every night he arrives later. Jungkook wants to go out and find what’s wrong with him; but he fears the answer. And he’s sure he isn’t going to be able to contain himself if he stays by his side for a while.

And that’s the reason why he is hiding all the time in his room. He doesn’t feel strong enough to face Seokjin. He wouldn’t have even gone to that party if it wasn’t for Jimin.

The previous day Jimin came to visit him. At first, Jungkook wasn’t going to open the door. But he knows some of his friends are already worried about him and he doesn’t want to bother more.

“Taehyung told me you’re not talking to Seokjin” Jimin blurted out after Jungkook had assured him he was fine.

“That’s not true” Jungkook lied.

“Taehyung wouldn’t joke with something like that”.

Jungkook cursed Taehyung in his head. But it was also his fault for calling Taehyung and making everything suspicious.

“Also, you came back yesterday and you didn’t even see us when we went to greet you. And you’re not doing your thing. You know, playing outside with any poor soul that collides with you”.

Jimin went on a rampage about all the things Jungkook wasn’t doing that he normally do. Jungkook started to feel tense, and when Jimin pronounced again Seokjin’s name, he exploded. He told Jimin to shut the up when he didn’t know anything. Jimin had never seen Jungkook like that, all angry and furious, so he ran away crying.

Jungkook regretted it the moment it happened. Although it felt good to relieve some tension, making Jimin cry wasn’t worth it. The latter has always been kind to him. They used to play together outside, and always offered him his help. He came because he was worried about him, and Jungkook just yelled at him. He knew Jimin didn’t deserve it, so he started to think of a way to compensate him.

20 minutes later his doorbell rang again. When he opened the door, he found a smiling Hoseok pulling a sulking Jimin by the arm.

“Hi, Kookie!” Hoseok greeted him. “I’m sorry to bother you, but someone here wants to say something”.

Hoseok poked Jimin’s head slightly, but the other didn’t stop the sulking. Jungkook stared at him curiously, and finally Jimin spoke after a sigh.

“I’m sorry, okay? It wasn’t my intention to make you angry; I was just worried about you. Sorry if I bothered you”.

And Hoseok forced Jimin to bow to him, still smiling.

“That’s not necessary” Jungkook said seeing the way Jimin was wriggling uncomfortably in Hoseok’s embrace. “It’s okay; I’m the one at fault. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I’m sorry”.

And Jungkook bowed to him like Jimin did. Then Hoseok clapped his hands and pushed Jimin against Jungkook.

“Now a hug” he demanded.

Jungkook and Jimin glanced at each other but complied seeing the proud face of Hoseok.

“We’re all friends again” Hoseok concluded. Jungkook and Jimin separated and Hoseok held Jimin’s hand to let him know he did well.

“You’re coming to the party tonight, right?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t feel like going” Jungkook answered, causing Jimin to pout.

“But you made me cry! You have to go to pay for it!”

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. He really didn’t want to go; but he had to compensate the elder for his tears. He looked at Hoseok and saw him smiling pleasantly to him.

“Please” Jimin murmured putting his best puppy eyes.

Jungkook sighed. He couldn’t resist Jimin’s cuteness combined with Hoseok’s good vibe.

“Okay, I’ll go” he finally said, and Jimin let out a squeal.

“Well, now let’s go Jimin. Don’t bother Jungkook more” Hoseok said, giving Jimin a little push. Jimin started to walk away while saying goodbye to Jungkook. Meanwhile Hoseok gave Jungkook a little pat on his shoulder.

“Kookie, if you need anything tell us. You know Jimin and I are always here for you” Hoseok whispered before joining Jimin.

Jungkook closed the door and smiled to himself. He has been so concentrated on his problems that he nearly forgot he still had good friends like Jimin and Hoseok.

 

The party was a disaster to Jungkook. Everything was weird; not only he and Seokjin but also Youngjae, Yugyeom, Jaebum and Shura seemed awkward with each other. He tried to know what happened with Shura, but she didn’t say anything about it. And when she asked about him, he only shrugged and changed the topic. And he hated the tension between Shura and him. He felt a special connection with the girl. For some reason, Jungkook found their link familiar; like if they were actual family. But he didn’t want to worry her when she seemed to be already dealing with something.

He couldn’t sleep thinking about it. And also because it was 2AM and Seokjin hadn’t arrived yet. He shifted uncomfortably on his bed, wondering if he should just talk with Seokjin and tell him all his problems. It was 2:30AM when Seokjin came back and Jungkook was still deep in thought. He was pulled out of the trance when he heard a loud noise, like if something just collapsed with the floor. He got up and carefully opened the door, only to find Seokjin picking up a lamp from the floor. Seokjin didn’t see Jungkook; but the younger saw his flushed cheeks and the way he walked to his room. Jungkook closed his door and returned to his bed.

He didn’t sleep well that night.

That’s the reason why he’s currently in a bad mood. His hot chocolate isn’t making him feel better like it used to, but maybe it has to do with the fact that Seokjin was the one making it for him. He’s starting to feel the effects of his seclusion. And his inner wolf is growling inside of him, wanting to run wild through the forest again. But today he doesn’t feel like doing it.

Seokjin’s door is opened, signaling that his owner is not home. Jungkook wonders if Seokjin has slept a bit at least. He hadn’t had breakfast, and he’s going to feel like if he hadn’t slept either.

Abandoning his chocolate on the table, he quickly makes a sandwich and some coffee, and calls Taehyung. Five minutes later his doorbell rings.

“Good morning, Kookie!” Taehyung salutes him, and then he sees the black bags under the younger’s eyes. “Oh my God, you look terrible!”

“I know, thank you” Jungkook jokes. He lets Taehyung come in while he finishes wrapping Seokjin’s breakfast.

“Let me guess, Seokjin forgot his breakfast again” Taehyung says. Jungkook hums in response. Taehyung stares at him; he and Seokjin are starting to have the same appearance: they seem always tired and in a bad mood. And Taehyung hates to see his friends like that.

“Give it to him, please” Jungkook commands. Taehyung furrows his eyebrows.

“Do it yourself, I’m not your delivery man”.

“Please” Jungkook pleads with his puppy like bunny eyes.

“Okay” Taehyung says, taking the bag from Jungkook. “But I’m just doing it because I’m also giving Yoongi his breakfast”.

“So you finally decided to confess?” Jungkook asks, escorting Taehyung to the door.

“Hey, chill. I’ve only made breakfast for him today. I’m not confessing yet. I want to more”.

“Why are you wasting your time like that? You like Yoongi and Yoongi likes you. What’s the matter?”

Taehyung glares at him.

“You know, it’s funny that you’re saying this about me and Yoongi. You and Seokjin have been always together but never dated”. Jungkook looks at him, not knowing what to say. Taehyung stares at him, knowing he has touched a nerve. “It’s not just me who thinks like that. All the pack thinks that. It’s clear that you like Seokjin and Seokjin likes you. So, Jungkook, what’s the matter?”

Jungkook is left astonished at his door. Taehyung closes it for him, after giving him a playful pat on his shoulder. He doesn’t want to make Jungkook angry. But he needed to say that. He knows Jungkook is suffering, and Seokjin is in pain too. But they need to understand that above anything else, they love each other. And they should sit and talk about their problems instead of avoiding each other like that. If they want to solve this situation they have to remain together.

Taehyung hopes that his message will get into Jungkook’s stubborn mind.

Meanwhile, Jungkook moves from the door and sits on the couch, wondering if what Taehyung said is true. Does Seokjin like him? But in which way? Seokjin cares for all his friends like a mother; but it’s true that sometimes Seokjin gives Jungkook the vibe that he cares about him in a not so motherly way.

There are a lot of things inside Jungkook’s mind. Maybe he misunderstood the conversation Seokjin was having with the other man, and Seokjin really doesn’t see him as a kid. He’s the youngest in the pack and people often refer to him directly by kid, instead of Jungkook, and also treat him like if he was, indeed, a kid. Jungkook has tried to make his appearance a bit more masculine, more mature, so people would stop calling him a kid. He also stopped playing outside all the time. But it didn’t work and Jungkook has run out of ideas.

There’s also another thing that has been always bothering him, but he never told anyone, not even Seokjin. He knows something is wrong with his body. He had his first transformation when he was sixteen years old, when the usual for a werewolf is to have their first transformation at the age of eleven or twelve. He also feels stronger when he’s in his human form and he can control better than the rest his inner wolf. Jungkook knows it’s not normal, he doesn’t know any person that has the same problem as him in the pack. And it scares him; the feeling that he isn’t like the others, and the thought that he’s not suitable for Seokjin.

But he cannot stop loving Seokjin. How can he, when the elder has always been taking good care of him? They’ve been together almost all his life. They’ve shared a lot of things, they’ve created a lot of memories and they’ve been each other’s support when things got complicated. Jungkook loves all about Seokjin and he can’t stop doing it because Seokjin would never stop being the handsome, kind and adorable man he is. And even if he suddenly became ugly and cold, Jungkook would still love him the same.

Seokjin deserves to be loved; and Jungkook decides that even if he isn’t suitable enough for Seokjin, at least he should try.

So he gets up from the couch and takes a shower determined to make things right and tell Seokjin everything on his mind. He knows the elder isn’t coming home until dinner, if not later, so he decides to entertain himself doing some cleaning, not wanting to go outside yet.

Jungkook is making lunch when his doorbell rings. He wipes his hands before opening the door, and he’s greeted with the sight of Yoongi.

“Hi, Kookie” he says. “Can I come in for a bit?”

Jungkook lets him pass and closes the door after him.

“You can stay for lunch if you want” Jungkook offers. “I’m alone, and I don’t mind cooking for you too”.

“You’re so cute. Of course! I’ve also brought some candies for you”.

Jungkook doesn’t know how to react. He loves candies but it makes him seem like a child.

“You don’t have to bring me candies” Jungkook says, returning to his duty. “I’m not a kid anymore”.

Yoongi stares at him. Jungkook’s tone has been very serious, and that gives Yoongi a little idea about what could be his real problem.

“Is that what upsets you? That you don’t like being called kid?” Yoongi asks, and Jungkook stops what he is doing to look at him. Bingo! Yoongi thinks.

“You all treat me like one” Jungkook says.

“You think I treat you like a kid because I bring you candies?” Jungkook nods his head. Yoongi moves until he’s standing in front of him. “Jungkook, nobody treats you like a kid anymore. I bring you candies because I know you like them, not because I see you as a kid. I do it because you seem so happy when you eat them, that I keep giving them to you to see you smile”.

Jungkook stares amused at him. He can’t believe what he’s hearing: Min Yoongi, the serious and lazy man, that usually doesn’t have pleasant words for anybody, has just declared that he gives Jungkook candies to see him happy!

“Are you serious?” Jungkook asks, incredulous.

“Of course I’m serious! I care about you, Jungkook! We’re friends! We’ve been friends since you were a child. I’ve seen you grow up. I’ve seen you become a man. It’s clear to everyone that you’re not a kid anymore. So stop thinking that. You have a lot of friends here that love you and I’m sure that if you ask them if they think of you as a kid, they will answer the same I did”.

Jungkook is speechless. He turns around and finishes cooking the meal for them.

“I know some people used to talk bad about you” Yoongi continues. “But their opinion shouldn’t matter to you, Jungkookie. The opinions that really count are the ones from your friends. Do you think Jimin and Hoseok play with you because they see you as a kid? They do it because they like it, because they have fun with you. Do you think Taehyung jokes with you because he thinks you’re a kid? He does it because you always put a cute face when you’re mad. And do you really think that if Namjoon sees you as a kid he would allow you to run through the forest alone?”

Jungkook finishes serving the food and Yoongi sits with him at the table. Even when Jungkook doesn’t respond, Yoongi knows he’s wondering about his words.

“You think we do all those things because we see you as a kid. But it’s not true, Jungkook. We do those things because we love you, because we are your friends and we want you to be happy”.

Jungkook stares at him in the verge of tears. He needed this. His friends, talking to him, to remind him that there are people that love him the way he is. And he should love and treasure these persons the most.

“And do you know who wants you to be happy the most? Seokjin” at the mention of the name Jungkook lets out a little sob, and Yoongi stands up to hug him. “You think he takes care of you because he sees you like a kid. Jungkook, let me tell you something: I love you, but you’re really dense. Seokjin takes care of you because he loves you the most. And not like some mother or brother not even a friend. He really loves you…like I love Taehyung” Yoongi confesses to make sure Jungkook has understood how Seokjin truly loves him. The room stays silent for a moment until Jungkook chuckles.

“You’ve just said that you love Taehyung” Jungkook says, and Yoongi smiles, because even when it’s not what he wanted to hear it’s pleasant to see that Jungkook is happy again.

“Don’t pretend that you didn’t know. I’ve always been a bit biased towards him, and I haven’t been discreet about it. But what matters here, is that Seokjin loves you and I know you love Seokjin. So can you please stop thinking everyone sees you as a kid, and accept the love Seokjin wants to give you?”

Jungkook stares into Yoongi’s eyes and sees nothing but pure honesty in them.

“Are you sure Seokjin feels that way?” he asks, only to be sure he understood.

“God, Ju

Please log in to read the full chapter