Mayday

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung is just looking through the window when he sees the black car parking in front of his building. He quickly hides behind the curtains but continues looking out. From the car two men come out, wearing black suits and dark sunglasses. They are talking to each other and glancing towards the building. One of them enters the building, and Jinyoung is already dialing Shura’s number without thinking.

“Hello, Jinyoung?” says his friend through the phone.

“Hi, Shura. Look, maybe this sounds weird but can you come pick me up with your car?”

There is a pause on the line before the worried voice of Shura speaks again.

“Jinyoung, are you okay? You sound nervous”.

Jinyoung glances towards the street, where the other man has just come out again and is talking with his partner.

“I have a problem. Remember that I told you I was working in a bad company and that I left? Well, they’ve come to take me because I know too much”. Jinyoung thinks he isn’t making any sense, but his anxiety has blocked his ability to make a rational explanation. “I know it sounds like some line of a movie, but I swear I wouldn’t be calling you if it wasn’t important”.

“Jinyoung, it’s okay, I’m coming. Just text me your address, lock all the doors and hide on your room. I’ll be there the fastest I can”.

“Thank you”.

And with that, Shura ends the call. He sends her his address before running to his bedroom and locking the door, and then he moves all the furniture he can to block it too. He picks a bag and starts putting in all the important things he has and some clothes too. Suddenly his doorbell rings. Jinyoung ignores it and continues doing his thing. He takes a quick glance towards the window and sees a familiar man talking with the two men. He recognizes the male as the building’s janitor. The men in suits nod at whatever the janitor tells them, but when he comes again into the building, they look at each other before grabbing something from their pockets. Jinyoung panics when he recognizes the objects they’re now holding: guns. Jinyoung prays that they are going to let the janitor go and come directly for him. Probably the poor man came and rang his bell, and supposed Jinyoung wasn’t home because he didn’t answer. But the other men are better than that and prefer to check in person.

Jinyoung starts tying his sheets so he can descend later by them to the street and run away from there. He has only tied one when he hears his door opening with a loud bang. There isn’t a lot of time before they discover his position and the furniture against the door won’t last much. Jinyoung hurries tying the sheets while searching for a possible weapon in case Shura doesn’t get on time.

He has just tied the knot when he hears a gunshot. He quickly stands up and looks through the window, to see that another car has parked just below his window. He hopes its Shura’s. The house remains silent for a moment, Jinyoung thinking about the possibility of his friend attacked by the two men. He removes the furniture and unlocks the door, his heart beating like crazy. He’s armed with only a lamp, but still he opens the door.

At first he doesn’t see or hear anything. Suddenly there are footsteps and he’s ready to jump onto his attackers when a young male appears in front of him. Jinyoung stares at him, not knowing if he’s ally or enemy. The boy takes a few steps towards him and Jinyoung backs a bit.

“Jinyoung” the boy says, “are you okay? Did they hurt you?”

Jinyoung lets the other approach him and check on him, having a feeling he’s an ally. When the male touches him, he feels something like an electric shock travelling his body.

“What are you doing?” Jinyoung says while freeing himself from the handsome stranger.

“My name is Youngjae and I’m Shura’s friend. I won’t hurt you, I promise. I also have psychic powers like you”.

Before Jinyoung can ask how he knows about his powers he hears Shura’s voice calling them from the living room. Jinyoung takes the bag with his things and follows Youngjae. As soon as he steps on the living room, Shura is engulfing him into a hug.

“Oh my God, you’re okay!” he exclaims. “I was so worried we wouldn’t arrive on time!”

“She was driving like crazy. I thought we were going to die” the guy –Youngjae- says.

“Did they hurt you?”

“No, I’m fine. Thank you for coming. I didn’t know what to do. I’m sorry I made you come in this situation, I couldn’t call anyone else” Jinyoung says. When he breaks the hug he notices that the two men are sprawled on his floor, unconscious.

“Don’t worry. Now we should go” Shura says, dragging Jinyoung while putting his hoodie on. Youngjae does the same and exits first. Jinyoung puts his jacket and his hoodie too, so no one could recognize them. When they pass by the janitor, Jinyoung observes the man is sleeping on his desk, but he doesn’t seem hurt.

“He’s only unconscious, don’t worry” Shura assures him. They make it to the car without anyone seeing them and Shura takes the driver seat while Youngjae sits as the co-driver leaving Jinyoung alone in the back seats. Shura starts the engine and they are out of there in no time.

“Thank you so much for this, guys. But what happened with those men?” Jinyoung asks.

“They’re just unconscious. Youngjae knocked them down before they could even know what was going on”. Shura says, and Youngjae turns back to smile at him.

“I can move things with my mind. I hit them before they could see my face or do something”.

“But I heard a gunshot”.

“The other got scared when I knocked his partner down with my powers and he shot randomly. I would be scared too if suddenly a pan would come and hit me out of the blue”.

Jinyoung nods, but he’s still a bit confused.

“Maybe I should explain everything to you now” Jinyoung says, feeling like his saviors deserve an explanation of why those men were after him.

“You really don’t have to. We already know” Shura says.

“You know?” he asks, incredulous.

“Yes. We’re Mark’s friends” Youngjae says, still smiling at him.

Jinyoung’s heart skips a beat at the mention of his beloved’s name.

“You know Mark? Where is he? Is he okay?”

Jinyoung wants to know everything about it. He feels relieved knowing that Mark is still alive. His heart beats faster at the possibility of seeing him again.

“Why don’t you ask him yourself? We’re going to meet him”.

Jinyoung can’t hide the wide smile that appears on his face. He feels so happy. After what seemed like an eternity, he’s going to meet his Mark again. Youngjae notices and turns to flash a satisfied smile to Shura, who replies with an equally bright smile.

 

When they are inside the pack going home, they’re intercepted by Yugyeom, who came to check on the stranger that accompanies his friends.

“His name is Jinyoung. He’s a friend of Mark” Youngjae explains to him. Yugyeom continues studying Jinyoung from head to toe.

“I thought he said he doesn’t have anyone” Yugyeom says, and Jinyoung walks to hide a bit behind Youngjae. The latter gives him a sense of security and empathy, so Jinyoung genuinely trusts him.

“Well, you should come with us. We have some things to talk about” Shura says. Yugyeom looks at her questioningly, but follows them anyways.

Youngjae is practically dragging Jinyoung towards his house. He can’t contain himself. He knows how much Mark misses him and he’s looking forward to their reencounter. Jinyoung gives him good vibes, and he can see that Mark is as important to Jinyoung as Jinyoung is to Mark. Behind him, Shura is explaining the matter to Yugyeom calmly. Yugyeom seems confused, but nods at everything the girl says.

Finally they arrive to their house. Youngjae opens the door and finds Mark placing some food on the table.

“Finally you’re back. I thought we were talking seriously today” Mark says without looking at the door. He’s arranging the snacks and pouring water on three glasses. Jinyoung looks at Youngjae, asking him what to do, but the latter just puts a finger in front of his lips.

“I’ve been looking forward to this, guys” Mark continues, still not looking behind him. “I really wanted to talk about this, but every time there was an excuse” and he keeps rambling about how they have ignored his petitions to talk with them. They weren’t planning of ignoring him, but there wasn’t an appropriate moment to talk about the issue with Jinyoung.

Jinyoung just stares at his back. He has missed him so badly, thinking he was disappeared and possibly dead and he couldn’t do anything for him. But right now he’s in front of the other, and his voice is filling his ears and just hearing that melodic sound again elates Jinyoung. He feels alive again, like he hasn’t felt in weeks; every pore of his body oozing happiness.

“We’ll listen to you gladly” Youngjae says, smirking at Jinyoung. “But you should bring more glasses. We have guests”.

Mark stops preparing the table and finally turns around. His eyes seem to pop out of their orbits when they land on the figure next to Youngjae. Standing in front of him with a shy but full smile is his Jinyoung. Before Jinyoung can say anything, Mark has tossed whatever he was holding and runs to him, the others making way for him. He lifts Jinyoung off the floor hugging him tightly, surprising Jinyoung. Mark holds him close to him, feeling full now that he has his best friend in his arms again. Jinyoung laughs and tells Mark to put him down. When his foot touches the ground he returns the hug.

“God, Mark! You disappeared so suddenly and I was so worried something wrong happened to you!” Jinyoung says staring at Mark lovingly, and Mark can feel the honesty in his words. “But it turned out that you found a pack that loves you, and I’m so happy for you! But I missed you so much!”

“Aren’t you mad at me for leaving you, Jinyoungie?” Mark asks worriedly.

“No, Mark. I was worried like hell, but believe me when I say I’m glad you found a pack that treats you well. You deserve so much, Mark”. Jinyoung hugs him again and nuzzles his head on the crook of Mark’s neck. Mark blushes but hugs him tighter.

“Jinyoung, I wanted to come back for you. But you know it’s not easy. I’m sorry I couldn’t do it. I missed you so much, Jinyoungie. You’re so important to me”.

Jinyoung smiles against Mark’s neck while rubbing comforting circles on his back.

“You’re so important to me too, Markie. But now we’re together again. Let’s stay like this for a long time”.

“I’m not letting you go again, Jinyoungie. You’re stuck with me for now on”.

“It’s fine with me”.

They stare at each other and smile cutely, ignoring the three pairs of eyes that had watched and heard everything.

“I’m shipping it already” Yugyeom murmurs.

“Me too” Youngjae says.

“We should make a fan club” Shura adds.

Then Mark remembers that they’re not alone and that his friends haven’t said anything about it. He bites his lip, thinking if it’s really okay for them to keep him and Jinyoung there. He breaks the hug with Jinyoung, but still holds his hand.

“Guys, are you sure we can stay here? We should tell Namjoon the truth about us” Mark says.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m sure all of them will understand. We’re going to protect you guys” Youngjae says giving them thumbs up.

“Yes, we should talk with Jaebum first and ask him to meet with the others” Shura says. Then all eyes are on Youngjae, with the exception of Jinyoung, who looks curious at them.

“Why are you looking at me?” Youngjae asks, confused.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Shura says. “Jaebum can’t say no to your puppy eyes”.

“You’re ignoring the fact that he was avoiding me just recently. I don’t think that’s effective anymore. And Yugyeom is his partner, why doesn’t he tell him instead?”

“Please Youngjae, we all saw how yesterday Jaebum was going to eat the last candy and with only one look the candy was already on your mouth” Yugyeom says while smirking at Youngjae. “And besides, I’m his partner but he doesn’t listen to me most of the time. You’re like 300% more effective”.

Youngjae pouts cutely. The others are looking at him with pleading eyes, even Jinyoung.

“Aish, okay” Youngjae says with a sigh, “but I’m doing this only for Mark and Jinyoung”. Shura claps and Yugyeom smiles at him.

“Tell him that Jinyoung also needs a place to stay” Mark says.

“Okay. I’ll go now. But you owe me” Youngjae says before closing the door.

“He pretends to be upset but we all know he wanted to do it” Mark says when the younger is gone, Shura and Yugyeom nod at him.

“What’s the matter with him and that Jaebum guy?” Jinyoung innocently asks.

“Oh, don’t worry. If you’re staying you’ll see with your own eyes” Yugyeom answers.

Mark sits on the couch and Jinyoung follows him, still holding each other’s hand.

“I have a lot of things to tell you” Mark says excitedly. Jinyoung smiles at him, and Shura and Yugyeom let out an ‘aw’ before making excuses to leave them alone for a while.

 

Jaebum is just watching tv when his doorbell rings. He gets up and lazily walks to the door.

“Hi Jaebummie!” Youngjae’s melodious voice greets him when he opens the door. Youngjae is adorably smiling at him, and his inner Jaebum screams for him to take the younger in and shower him with hugs and kisses.

“Hello sunshine” inner Jaebum takes his body and makes him greet Youngjae with a high pitched voice. Youngjae looks surprised for a moment, but smiles widely the next. Jaebum just stares at him lovingly until he recovers the control of his body. “I mean, hello Youngjae”.

“Aw, I preferred that ‘hello sunshine’” Youngjae pouts and Jaebum smiles at the cutie pie in front of him.

“Please come in” Jaebum offers, and Youngjae just starts walking when the other murmurs “sunshine”. Youngjae smiles at him when he passes beside him and sits on the sofa.

“Do you wan

Please log in to read the full chapter