Pack

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shura yawns. Last night she got tired after the short fight but when they arrived home and she had a shower, she couldn’t sleep. She was thinking about if it was okay or not to beat that guy. She knows the boy was holding himself because she was a girl, and it kind of bothered her. She wanted a fair fight. It wasn’t her first fight. Her parents taught her how to fight and she had beaten some werewolves that found her in some city. She fell asleep late and she was called early today for work.

She finishes cleaning a cup when she hears the door open. She goes to the counter and smiles at her customer.

“Good morning, sir. What would you like to have?” she asks smiling. She can’t help it; she likes her work and being nice with people.

The guy in front of her places his hand on his chin, thinking about it. The boy is young, Shura thinks is a bit older than her and he’s definitely handsome. He has brown hair and plump lips.

“I think I know” he finally says, looking directly at her. “I want you”.

Shura blinks at him.

“Sorry…?”                         

“I’ve said I want you. Isn’t Shura your name? Your tag says it”.

She looks at the tag in her shirt. What is this all about?

The guy suddenly laughs and Shura is beyond confused now.

“It’s a joke, girl! Don’t be like that!” he pats her shoulder and she blinks in confusion. “I want a cappuccino and maybe some talk” he says.

“Sure” she says, not so sure about the talk.

He prepares his drink and then offers it to him. He pays for it and sits at the counter near her. Shura pretends to be cleaning the counter when the guy finally talks.

“Okay, I’ll start. Hi! My name is Kim Seokjin but everyone calls me Jin. What’s your name?”

“You already know”.

“Oh come on, you’re killing the magic”.

“What magic?”

“The magic of the moment”. Jin takes a long sip before he adds “Congratulations! You’re on the pack!”

Shura jumps a bit at the mention of the pack. She looks around to check is anyone had heard him, but no one seems to be paying attention and there isn’t many people anyways.

“What are you saying?” she asks. Of course she knows about it, but she wants Jin to explain a little more to her.

“You’re now a member of Namjoon’s pack” he says. Wait, wasn’t Namjoon that guy…

“I-It can’t be!” she blurts out.

Jin finishes his coffee and his lips.

“It is. You know, you did great last night. I saw everything. Yoongi deserved some punishment, always making jokes about everyone. When we were back at our place, Jungkook just proposed you to join our pack. He was beyond amazed by you. He really likes you, you know”.

She blushed even when she has no idea who this Jungkook is.

“But I beat your partner”.

“That’s incorrect. You beat Namjoon’s partner. Jungkook is my buddy, and he proposed you so I agreed with him”.

“But why-“

“Because you’re an amazing fighter and you don’t have a pack, do you?” She shakes her head. “I know the things they do to people who don’t have a pack. If I were you, I’ll join our pack”.

She looked into Jin eyes, but all she could see was true kindness and honesty.

“I have to call my friend” Shura says.

“Of course. I’ll be right here”.

She walks to a lonely spot and call her friend Youngjae, who quickly picks up the phone.

“What’s up, Shu?” he asks happily.

“Hey Jae, some random stranger came here and asked me to join his pack”.

Some seconds passes before Youngjae speaks again.

“And what are you waiting for? Accept it and end your worries”.

“There’s one problem”.

“What is it?”

“He’s from the same pack those guys last night”.

“WHAT??” she moves away her phone from her ear at the sudden shout.

“Yeah, it seems like his partner liked me or something like that and then proposed me to join them and they apparently agreed”.

Youngjae sighs before speaking again.

“Okay Shu, do what you want, I’ll be by your side no matter what. What are your impressions about the guy?”

“He seems nice”.

“Follow your instinct. Werewolves do that, no?”

She laughs a little.

“Yah, Youngjae! You read a lot!” she can hear the male laughing through the phone “I will take the offer. I’ll call you later, okay?”

“You sure?”

“Have I another option?”

“Okay, take care! Bye~”.

“Bye Jae”.

She finishes the call and comes back to the counter. Jin is still there playing with his cup.

“Hey” she calls him, and he stops playing to smile at her.

“So?”

“I’ll join your pack. But I have a few conditions”.

Jin nods. “Tell me”.

“Packs have to stay united, so if I’m moving I want my friend Youngjae to be with me”.

“We talked about it last night and we agreed to accept your friend not as part of the pack but as an ally. We’re going to give you an apartment at our block of flats to live. Something else?”

“I want to keep my job and Youngjae will continue going to university”.

“Of course, it will be the same. You’re just moving, your life stays the same”.

“Then that’s all”.

“Whoa, I have to call Jungkook. He’s going to be so happy to know you’re in. You have to meet him. He’s a charming boy”.

“Yeah, I should thank him for proposing me”.

“Sure. I’m going to let them know about your decision. Can you give me your number?”

Jin offers his phone to her and she quickly saves his number.

“Oh and please, can you give me a portion of that cheesecake? Jungkook loves it”.

This boy has some kind of problem with that Jungkook.

“Of course. You don’t have to pay me for it” but when she packs it for Jin to take it away, he just places some coins on the table, grabs the food and runs to the door.

“Nice to meet you, Shu! Thank you for the cheesecake! See ya~!” he shouts before exists the café.

Shura just looks at him climbing onto a motorcycle with the bag in his arm. She blinks some times while the boy disappears in the streets.

The hell just happened in here?

 

When she comes home, she founds Youngjae waiting for her to know about the pack issue. She tells him everything, and when she finishes she gets a call from Jin telling her that tomorrow two of the pack members are going to help them to move. They decided to make a special dinner for their last day in there.

 

After work, Shura gets home fast so she can pack everything. When she opens the door, she founds two strangers sitting in the sofa with Youngjae while dinking something.

“And then she just punched him! The poor boy was so scared…Oh, hey!” Youngjae says noticing Shura. She just blinks at the scene in front of her. He stands up and hugs her. She returns the hug glancing at the other two males. They are both tall, one with reddish brown hair and the other –who seems to be younger- with dark brown hair. She breaks the hug and stares at Youngjae waiting for an explanation about the strangers.

“Shu, these boys came to help us moving” he says, and the guys get up and walk to their direction. Suddenly the younger one offers his hand with a huge smile in his face.

“Hi! My name is Jungkook! Nice to meet you!” he says lively. So this is the so called Jungkook. At first, Shura thought by the way Jin was talking about him that he was a kid. Oh well, he really looks young, with his bunny face and energetic moves and talk.

“It’s my pleasure” she says, shaking his hand. “I really wanted to meet you” she smiles at him and then he blushes. “You wanted to meet me? Oh my God, this is incredible. You are amazing!” Jungkook shouts.

“Ya, fanboy! Calm yourself!” the other male says, making Jungkook to free Shura’s hand and look at him a bit disappointed. He shakes her hand then. “I’m Im Jaebum. Namjoon send us to help you”.

“Nice to meet you” she says.

“You’re welcome” then he turns his face like he forgot something. “Thank you, Youngjae, for the drinks”.

“It’s nothing” the boy says.

“Can I help you, Shu?” Jungkook says. She smiles at how cute this boy is. She nods and he jumps in excitement.

“I’ve already packed everything in my room” Youngjae says, “I will pack the things from the kitchen”.

“I’ll help you” Jaebum offers, and Youngjae murmurs a ‘thank you’ before going to bring some boxes. Jungkook and Shura go to her room and she instructs him to pack the things she has on the desk while she packs her clothes.

“Wow, your room is awesome” the younger says.

“There’s nothing special about it. I decorated it with things Youngjae gave me. Most of the books and things I have are from him”.

“Also the clothes?”

She laughs. They boy seems to be so curious about her. They continue packing things until a question pops in Shura’s mind.

“Hey, Jungkook-“

“You can call me Kookie”.

“Okay, Kookie” Jungkook seems to be so pleased with that “can I ask you something?”

“Of course!”

She stares at him and he does the same. She doesn’t know how to ask it properly, so she just asks “Why me?”

Jungkook blinks a little, not understanding what she’s asking, but then he realizes.

“Oh, I just…I don’t know. When I saw you came in with your friend holding hands, I felt envy. Both of you seemed so close, so much like brother and sister. And I saw your eyes, so determinate to protect him from everything. Then I saw you fighting and I couldn’t help but be amused at how good you moved. I thought you were special. Don’t ask me why, I just got that

Please log in to read the full chapter