Mark and Jinyoung

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

The following day, Youngjae is working on his laptop when Mark gets out from his room.

“I’m going out for a run” the blonde says, “see you later!”

Youngjae waves his hand at him, and after waiting for five minutes he closes his laptop and goes out.

He walks to Jaebum’s house and rings the bell; the door opening just few seconds after.

“Oh, hi Youngjae” Jinyoung greets him, letting him come in.

“Hi, Jinyoung. Can we talk?” Youngjae requests with a smile.

“Of course. Please have a seat”.

Youngjae has just sat on the couch next to Jinyoung when Jaebum emerges from his room.

“Hi Jaebummie!” Youngjae quickly salutes him.

Jaebum stops for a moment and stares at the close proximity between Jinyoung and Youngjae.

“Hello sunshine” he says, furrowing his eyebrows. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to talk with Jinyoungie for a while” Youngjae answers. Jinyoung smirks at Jaebum, who tries to hide his disappointment because the younger didn’t come to see him.

“Sure. I’ll see you later, I’m going out to do some errands” Jaebum says a bit annoyed before slamming the door shut.

Something tells me I’ve just signed my death sentence, Jinyoung thinks.

At that moment Youngjae notices some money placed carelessly on a small table.

“Why are you leaving money on a place like this where everyone can see it and stole it?” he asks.

“Oh, don’t worry” Jinyoung says, “It’s just a common deposit”.

“Common deposit? For what?”

“Don’t mind it. What do you wanted to talk about?”

“It’s about Mark”.

“What about Mark” Jinyoung says, trying to conceal his excitement about it.

“I know this isn’t my place to tell, but Mark is oblivious to how relationships work and something tells me you’re not going to tell him, so I’m telling you: Mark wants to seriously mate you”.

Jinyoung blinks, totally not expecting something like that. He tries to process this new information, while Youngjae observes him, smiling slightly.

“Wait what?” Jinyoung finally manages to say. “Mate me? But why?”

“Well, I think it’s obvious that you both love each other. You should talk and explain to Mark how everything works. I really want you guys to be together” Youngjae says, noticing that Jinyoung is still confused, and places his hand above Jinyoung’s. Suddenly both of them feel something like an electric shock pierce through their bodies. But it doesn’t hurt them; in fact, they feel a warm sensation invading their bodies and minds.

“What was that?” Jinyoung asks, looking as confused as Youngjae.

“I don’t know, but it has happened before. Not only with you but also with Bonnie” Youngjae answers, looking fascinated at their joined hands. “I think it is because of our powers”.

“It’s true. When we touch, I feel something special” Jinyoung agrees. “I feel more powerful”.

“I can feel that too” Youngjae says, “I think being together makes our powers stronger”.

“I really wish to be helpful to Mark”.

Youngjae smiles at him and this time he intertwines their fingers.

“We’ll help each other protecting our friends”.

Jinyoung smiles at him, and suddenly the door opens, Jaebum stepping in. He stares at Jinyoung and Youngjae, and Jinyoung quickly frees his hand from Youngjae’s and gets up.

“Well, I’m going to do…something” Jinyoung excuses, Jaebum already glaring at him. “See you later!”

“Wait! We still have more to talk about!” Youngjae yells, but Jinyoung is already closing his door.

Jaebum stares at him, waiting for some sort of an explanation about why they were holding hands, but Youngjae just stares back at him. Jaebum sighs and gets himself some water. Youngjae is torn between knocking at Jinyoung’s door and beg him to listen to what he has to say or taking this chance and spend time with Jaebum.

Jaebum feels mad. He tries to control his temper, but he is naturally possessive and his feelings for the younger are still an unexplored path, so he gets really annoyed when he sees someone being so intimate with Youngjae. He’s trying real hard to be more open and touchy with the younger, but the feeling is still foreigner to him. Jaebum thinks his relationship with Youngjae is fragile, because the younger is so cute and kind hearted, meanwhile he has always had this cold boy vibe, and someone can just come and steal his precious sunshine from him.

Finally Youngjae decides to break the silence.

“Do you want to go out for a walk?” he asks, taking Jaebum out of his thoughts.

He wants to say no, because he isn’t in the mood for it. But again there is Youngjae looking at him with his adorable puppy eyes. And Jaebum can’t help but nod at him.

 

Jaebum and Youngjae are walking through the forest, Jaebum trying to calm his jealousy and Youngjae wondering if the other is mad at him. Jaebum is also wondering if he should go further with Youngjae so the younger won’t leave his side.

Suddenly he feels warmth on his hand, and he glances down just to see his hand being held by Youngjae’s.

“You don’t have to be sulky because I held Jinyoung’s hand” Youngjae says. “I can do it for you if you want me to”.

And to Jaebum, everything is perfect again. Because every time he’s insecure about losing Youngjae, the younger proves him wrong and does something to reassure him he’s with him, by his side. Youngjae really seems to be one step ahead of Jaebum. The latter thinks this has to change if he wants Youngjae’s love, so he decides to take the risk and go further.

“What were you talking about?” Jaebum says, blushing a bit while slyly intertwining their fingers.

Youngjae notices, but instead of blushing he smiles widely at Jaebum, glad that the latter is becoming more touchy with him; giving him also hope.

“We were talking about Mark” Youngjae replies. “He just blatantly said yesterday that he wanted to mate Jinyoung”.

Jaebum flinches, thinking about their bet. He really doesn’t want to lose against Jinyoung. Even less after what happened before.

“Mating isn’t an issue you can take lightly” Jaebum declares seriously. “You can’t just mate the first person you think about. It’s serious. He should think about it before saying those things”.

Youngjae stares at him in disbelief, a bit disappointed that he doesn’t seem to support Mark’s and Jinyoung’s relationship.

“I know, but they love each other. They aren’t just persons that have talked once or twice. They know each other for a year and I believe they’re deeply in love” Youngjae blurts out, startling Jaebum a bit.

But he still can’t lose the bet.

“I’m just saying that they should talk seriously before doing anything” Jaebum says, afraid he disappointed the other.

“Well, that’s true. That’s what I wanted to talk about with Jinyoung, but he just left me before I could say anything else” Youngjae says with a pout.

Cute, Jaebum thinks, grinning.

“But why were you holding hands?” Jaebum asks, and Youngjae notices something else hidden on his voice.

Is he jealous? Youngjae wonders.

“When we touch we feel something weird” Youngjae explains. “It feels like an electric shock. But it doesn’t hurt. In fact, we feel more powerful when we are together and it leaves a good sensation in our bodies”.

“Maybe it’s because of your powers?” Jaebum inquires.

“Yes, I think so. We are going to protect you and Mark together”.

“What?” Jaebum asks, staring surprised at him.

“You and Mark have enemies out there. Jinyoung and I will become stronger together and we’ll protect you from them” Youngjae assures him.

Jaebum stares at him, thinking about his words. He knows Youngjae knows about Jeonghan, but he really doesn’t know how far the other would go just to hurt him.

Youngjae notices him becoming serious suddenly and wonders if he has said something wrong.

“You shouldn’t take them lightly” Jaebum declares solemnly. “You don’t know how evil they actually are”.

Jaebum has stopped walking and looks sadly to the ground; old and painful memories coming back to him. Youngjae sees him struggling not to let his emotions go out as well as his inner wolf. The sight breaks Youngjae’s heart, so he lets go of Jaebum’s hand to give him a back hug. He embraces the other tightly, placing his head on Jaebum’s shoulder.

Jaebum just stays still. His previous thoughts disappearing and leaving free way for other thoughts to come in: thoughts about losing Youngjae against Jeonghan. Thoughts about hurting the younger, about himself breaking his sunshine’s smile.

He shakes his head and takes refuge in Youngjae’s embrace. He lets himself relax and melt against Youngjae’s warmth. He puts his hands above Youngjae’s, accepting the hug.

“I’ll protect you” Youngjae whispers.

Jaebum smiles sadly, wishing that Youngjae could really protect him. But in fact, Jaebum knows he is the one who needs to become stronger to protect the other.

“No one can protect me from him” Jaebum says, and Youngjae holds him tighter.

“Then we’ll face him together” Youngjae declares.

He doesn’t need to know who this person is or what is his relationship with Jaebum. Youngjae knows this person has hurt Jaebum really badly, and it’s enough reason for him to find this person and make him pay for all the pain he has caused.

Youngjae will make sure to protect Jaebum at all costs.

 

Shura is excited. Tonight, they’re finally telling the others that Jungkook and she are actual siblings. She even made a special cake at work for them with her boss’ permission. She’s preparing everything while Youngjae makes the dinner. The girl is talking to him but he really isn’t listening: he’s distracted remembering that evening’s events. Mark is setting the table when he notices that Youngjae is almost burning the meal.

“Youngjae!” Mark yells, making Youngjae go back to reality, quickly saving the food.

“, sorry” Youngjae apologizes. “I was distracted”.

“We noticed” Mark reprimands him.

“Are you okay?” Shura asks.

“Yes, it’s nothing” Youngjae answers, but Shura doesn’t buy it.

“It’s because you talked with…” Shura starts to say, glancing slyly to Mark. “You know, about that”.

Mark stares at them, raising an eyebrow. Shura tilts her head a bit and Youngjae catches the hint.

“Well, I went to talk with that junior but he was on a hurry apparently” he responds.

Mark stares at him for a moment but shakes his head and returns to his duty.

“Good job” Shura whispers to him, and they secretly high five each other.

“I’ll try again tomorrow” Youngjae whispers back.

“But seriously, something happened?” Shura asks him, worried again.

“No, it’s just-“

“Let me guess” Shura interrupts him. “You were talking to this junior but Mr. Hottie came in and you lost your focus”.

“Mr. Hottie?” Youngjae asks, intrigued.

“Jaebum” Mark shouts.

“So he was silently listening, what a snitch” Shura murmurs.

“Excuse me but I’m on the same room as you and you’re not talking softly” Mark argues.

Shura sticks her tongue out to him and Mark grins, both of them ignoring the horrified but blushing Youngjae.

Then the doorbell rings and Mark rushes to open the door.

“Jinyoungie!” Mark says excitedly, like if he hadn’t seen the other in years.

“Hello Markie” Jinyoung greets the other.

“You didn’t come to see me today” Mark grumbles while pouting cutely, making Jinyoung chuckle.

“I’m sorry. I was busy finding a new job”.

“You don’t need a new job, you have me” Mark jokes while offering him a hug.

“I know. But my parents would be mad if I don’t find one, so I have no choice” Jinyoung replies, accepting gladly the hug. “For them I’m still living a normal life, remember?”

“I know” Mark says. He understands that to Jinyoung the situation is different. He doesn’t have parents, so he doesn’t have obligations like Jinyoung has. “I would like to meet them someday”.

Jinyoung doesn’t know if he should be happy because Mark wants to meet his parents or freak out because Mark actually wants to be serious with him.

“I would love that” Jinyoung says nevertheless, “but I think we have to talk first”.

“Of course. Stay here tonight” Mark offers.

Jinyoung is left speechless, so he just nods his head, earning a bright grin from Mark.

“Great!” Mark yells. “Guys, Jinyoungie is staying here tonight!”

Youngjae and Shura give him thumbs up meanwhile Jaebum and Yugyeom look at each other, worried about losing their bet.

They’re about to protest when the doorbell rings again. This time is Shura who opens the door.

“Lil’ bro!” Shura exclaims while throwing herself on Jungkook.

“Hi sis!” the latter says, catching Shura and returning the hug.

“And hello there, handsome brother in law” Shura says, winking at Seokjin and pulling him into the hug.

“Hi, sister in law” Seokjin greets back, grinning widely.

She frees them and lets them in, the rest of the boys greeting them.

“Congratulations by the way” Jaebum says. “I heard that you’ve mated”.

“Thank you” Seokjin says, giving all of them a can of beer to celebrate.

Everyone congratulates them too, but before anyone could take a sip of their beer Shura intervenes.

“Wait! We have something else to tell you all”.

Everyone stare at her, confused. Seokjin gives Jungkook a little push so he’s standing by her side, and smiles at him, knowing what is going to come.

“Yesterday we were summoned by Namjoon because he had to tell us something important” Shura says, and Jungkook takes her hand in his. “And after showing us the results of our analysis we discovered that we are actual siblings!”

The rest stare at them between confused and incredulous.

“You’re probably wondering how it could happen” Jungkook says. “We have the same father but different mothers. But we have practically the same DNA so yeah, we’re siblings”.

Youngjae stands up and hugs both of them, followed by Mark and Yugyeom.

“Congratulations! This is unexpected but I’m really happy for you” Youngjae says.

“You know you’re also part of our family” Jungkook says while smiling at him.

“I’m happy for you too” Jaebum says, hugging both of them accompanied by Jinyoung. “I remember you saying that you wanted a sibling”.

“Yes! I really wanted Shura to be my sister because she’s so awesome” Jungkook replies.

“My brother is the sweetest!” the girl shouts, making everyone laugh.

“Let’s cheer for the siblings” Seokjin says

Please log in to read the full chapter