Epilogue

You Make Me Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

3 years later.

 

Seokjin turns off the engine of the car and glances at Jungkook, who is staring absentmindedly at the sky through the window.

“Jungkookie” Seokjin mutters, reaching to take the younger’s hand in his, “we don’t have to do this if you’re not ready yet”.

“But I am ready” Jungkook blatantly says, all his previous concern erased from his face. “Let’s do this”.

Seokjin smiles slightly at him, freeing Jungkook’s hand so they can get out from the car. Jungkook walks before him and even opens the door for him, waiting until Seokjin is inside to follow him closely.

“Hi” a young woman greets them from behind the counter, “how can I help you?”

Seokjin turns around and stares at Jungkook for any signs of dissuasion, but the younger surprises him by taking a step closer towards the woman and eagerly answering her question.

“We want to adopt a child”.

 

After being warmly welcomed by Youngjae’s parents, Jaebum asks Mr. Choi to talk privately as Youngjae runs after his nephews, not even sparing his boyfriend a glance as he leaves him totally behind.

Jaebum and Mr. Choi sit on the kitchen table, from where they can see Youngjae happily playing with the kids. Mr. Choi pours two cups of the delicious tea Mrs. Choi has prepared beforehand for them.

“Tell me, son” Mr. Choi says, placing a cup in front of Jaebum, who blushes a bit at the nickname, still not used to Youngjae’s father addressing him as his son, “what did you want to tell me?”

Jaebum swallows hard before rummaging through his pockets nervously, trying to find the thing he wanted to discuss with Mr. Choi.

“I’m aware this is…well, a bit old-fashioned” Jaebum says when he finally finds what he was looking for, “but I wanted your opinion before finally doing it”.

Jaebum places a small cage on the table after checking that Youngjae isn’t looking. Mr. Choi jumps a bit on his seat, already having an idea about what Jaebum wants of him.

“You want my approval?” Mr. Choi asks, taking the cage between his hands as Jaebum vividly nods his head. “Can I take a look at it?”

“Of course” Jaebum answers, his eyes never leaving Youngjae’s figure. “It’s not a big thing but I think it will suit him well”.

Mr. Choi hums in agreement. The white gold ring in the box is going to look amazing on his son’s finger.

“It’s really beautiful” Mr. Choi says before giving Jaebum the cage back “but son, you really didn’t need to tell me first. You know that my wife and I accepted you long time ago”.

“I know but still” Jaebum mumbles, hiding the precious object quickly again inside his pocket, “I wanted to make sure you’re okay with this”.

“Jaebum really” Mr. Choi says with a chuckle, “you’re more grandpa that I am; but I also appreciate the fact that you bothered to ask”.

“Youngjae is important to me, but he is also for you, so I wanted to know how you would feel about me marrying him”.

“You’re right, Youngjae is very important for my wife and me” Mr. Choi says, staring at his son who is now drawing on a sketchbook with his nephews. “He’s my youngest son and I’ve always treated him with extra care for that. But as the years passed, he showed me that I really didn’t need to be so careful with him because he’s really strong. I’m sure you know about that time he fought some bullies. I knew I shouldn’t, but I was so proud of him. For not giving in, for standing against those who intended to hurt him. I’ve always been so proud of him, but if I am it’s because he made me”.

“Youngjae is really amazing” Jaebum comments.

“He really is” Mr. Choi agrees. “I was scared someone would steal him away from us. Well, I knew Youngjae would eventually find someone to love, but I was afraid it would be someone who wouldn’t value my son properly. But he made me proud even with that because he chose you as his partner. You, Im Jaebum, who has proved a lot of times that you care about him a lot. Since the first day we met you and you were extremely nervous we’ve liked you, and believe me when I say I talk for my whole family. You not only make my son incredibly happy but you also treasure him like he deserves. And for that, I gladly give my son’s hand to you”.

Jaebum smiles at him wholeheartedly. He lost his family long time ago, but Youngjae’s family always make him feel as if he was part of it. He knows Youngjae’s relatives accepted him long time ago, but hearing Mr. and Mrs. Choi call him ‘son’ or praising him still makes his heart flutter.

“Thank you, father” Jaebum says, bowing to Mr. Choi, who smiles at him. “I’m truly glad you agreed”.

Mr. Choi is about to add something else when Youngjae comes in and both of them put on a unfazed face, as if they weren’t talking about important things before.

“What are you two doing?” Youngjae asks, glancing between them suspicious, “were you talking about me behind my back?”

“Of course we were” Mr. Choi nonchalantly says, “we’re always talking about you son, because you make both of us so happy”.

Jaebum chuckles slightly at that while Youngjae puts on a disgusted face.

“Ugh, dad” he comments, already turning around to leave them alone again “you shouldn’t spend so much time with Jaebum. His cheesiness is getting into you!”

“Hey” Jaebum protests. Youngjae sticks his tongue out at him before disappearing by the door.

 

Hyunwoo’s body moves flawlessly to one side, then to another before making a spin and then moving again, following the rhythm of the music. He watches himself on the mirrors of the practice room, dancing with all his passion in sync with the music.

He spins around another time before ending with a pose. He then smiles to himself, satisfied with his effort before going to stop the music player as it started reproducing the song again.

He hears clapping from the entrance of the room and he turns around, finding a smiling Minhyuk clapping his hands vividly while staring at him.

“That was amazing!” Minhyuk exclaims while approaching Hyunwoo.

“Thank you” Hyunwoo mumbles. He sees Minhyuk reaching to give him a hug and he takes a step back. “I’m sweaty”.

“And I don’t care” Minhyuk says as he throws himself onto his boyfriend who smiles before hugging him back.

When they part Minhyuk holds Hyunwoo’s hand and guides him to sit on the floor by his side, and then proceeds to take out their lunch from his bag.

“Mrs. Jang called again” Minhyuk informs Hyunwoo, who is already filling his mouth with his much desired meal, “I told her you’re available for the show. She wanted you to take part on the tour too but I told her you’ll be busy then”.

“I’ll be?” Hyunwoo asks intrigued.

“Of course” Minhyuk casually answers, feeding Hyunwoo from his own chopsticks, “you’ll be busy resting at home”. Hyunwoo opens his mouth to protest but Minhyuk beats him to talk first, “I know what you’re going to say, but you always work extra hard, Hyunwoo. You need to rest for a bit. And I need to rest too; being your manager is exhausting. Everybody wants you to be their backup dancer”.

“But you’re the only one I want with me” Hyunwoo adds, stealing a kiss from Minhyuk before resuming eating his lunch.

“Does that mean that you will obey me this time and you’ll take a break with me?” Minhyuk asks, staring at Hyunwoo with pleading eyes in case his boyfriend’s answer is no.

“Yes, we’ll take a break together” Hyunwoo answers, feeding Minhyuk with his own chopsticks.

“Yay!” Minhyuk exclaims, jumping a bit from his spot in joy as Hyunwoo watches him with a wide grin plastered on his face. “I already have some ideas about what we could do when we take our well-deserved rest. First, I’ve thought about-“

“What are you two doing?” Jooheon asks them, appearing by the door with his arms crossed against his chest. “Minhyuk, I know you worry about Hyunwoo but it’s not your break time so return to your work right now”.

“But-“ Minhyuk argues back but Jooheon is already taking his leave.

“And stop distracting him! He’s the best dancer we have and he has to do a great job in his performances”.

Minhyuk sighs. Hyunwoo smiles at him and starts packing everything.

“Hey, don’t be so sad” Hyunwoo says patting Minhyuk’s back “dinner with Wonho and Hyungwon is still on, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, Wonho called me today AGAIN to ask me if we were still going to go” Minhyuk babbles, joining Hyunwoo in cleaning the leftovers but still pouting, “he calls me every day, like five times a day, to ask if we’re going. He really wants to talk with you about the S.U.S.F.”.

“Jesus, this kid” Hyunwoo says with a loud sigh. “I gave him my position for a reason! He’s been doing well as the head of the team but he still contacts me to discuss everything with me”.

“Poor Wonho, he only wants to make sure he’s doing a great job with the squad. After all, you left the bar high”.

Hyunwoo smiles at him and he leans in for a kiss, but before their lips can touch they hear an angry shout of Minhyuk’s name and the called one lets out a puff of annoyance.

“We should have never had children” Minhyuk mutters before leaving the room and a giggling Hyunwoo behind.

 

Mark places his fingers against the cold glass of the hotel window, staring at the sunset in the horizon. Below him, the city is already illuminated by the light of the lampposts and the cars passing by. The whole picture looks stunning, and a shy smile starts to make his way through Mark’s face, remembering the events from that day and the ones previous to this.

“Mark?”

Mark turns around following the honey voice of his boyfriend. He finds another breath-taking sight there: Jinyoung sitting on the bed, his body barely covered by the sheets, rubbing his eyes cutely with his forearm.

Mark decides he likes this view more than the one outside the window and walks towards Jinyoung, who extends his arm to him so Mark can grab his hand. Mark smiles at him and joins his boyfriend on the bed, making himself comfortable first before is Jinyoung’s turn to snuggle beside him, placing his head on Mark’s chest while his arms wrap around Mark’s torso.

Jinyoung hums in contentment. Mark stares at him, still smiling as he caresses Jinyoung’s hair, lulling him to sleep.

“Don’t leave the bed again” Jinyoung pleads, his eyes closed as he talks. “I felt very lonely without you”.

“I didn’t leave the bed for more than five minutes” Mark says with a chuckle. Since everything ended, Jinyoung became extremely clingy to him. Not that Mark minds, of course; he’s actually the one who enjoys it the most.

“It was cold” Jinyoung argues, his lips forming an adorable pout that makes Mark’s heart melt.

“We’re going to have to leave soon anyways” Mark says before sighing. “Jinyoung, can’t we stay longer here? I don’t want to go back”.

“But we have to work, Mark” Jinyoung calmly answers. “It was you who said we had to start building a future together and that we needed to get a job to do so”.

“I know” Mark says, and it’s now his time to pout. “But I like this: being alone in a foreign city, just the two of us; being able to spend with you the twenty-four hours of the day”.

“Your fans would be sad if they heard what you’ve just said” Jinyoung says, opening his eyes and resting his chin on Mark’s chest to stare at him. “You’re famous now: star-model Mark Tuan”.

“Oh shut up” Mark says, hitting Jinyoung’s arm playfully. “I’m not that famous”.

“Yes, you are” Jinyoung says, moving forward so he can be face to face with Mark. “The world is finally acknowledging your handsomeness, Mark. I told you this job was perfect for you. You’re really nice to look at and you make a perfect model”.

“I still think you’re more famous than I am” Mark argues, playing with Jinyoung’s hair. “A lot of people read your books. And as a habitual reader and fan of your work I can say that they are really good”.

“You’re being biased” Jinyoung teases.

“You too, darling” Mark mumbles before finally closing the gap between them, kissing Jinyoung sweetly as the younger finds his place on Mark’s lap.

 

Loud cheers flood the stadium. It’s the start of another song, and the audience is already screaming, anticipating what’s about to come. The first lines of the song are sung and the audience yells even louder, some of the fans even jump while shouting at the top of their lungs.

That’s exactly what Changkyun and Kihyun do, except for the fact that they are the shortest in the area and are barely visible from the stage; but that isn’t important at the moment.

“They are playing our song again!” Changkyun excitedly yells to Kihyun, who smiles at the memory.

Changkyun stops jumping and takes Kihyun’s hand in his, staring at him while smiling lovely.

“It’s like three years ago, when we had our first date ever” Changkyun says, ge

Please log in to read the full chapter