Perfect Birthday (I'd say this is rated r, but who really gives a damn? Enjoy!!!)

Unplanned [completed]

Exhausted, yet sated, she woke up for the second time. Kim still couldn’t believe it she finished sleeping with Gerald, twice. She stretched her limbs and sighed in ecstasy.

“You awake?” Gerald approached her holding a tray of goodies.

Kim flipped over and smiled, seeing him only in his jeans. She covered her face embarrassed, though more embarrassing things happened to the two of them before. “Okay, I didn’t mean for us to stay in bed for so long, or even end up like this but…” Kim bit her bottom lip as Gerald stood in the centre of her bedroom looking absolutely magnificent all on his own.

“I’m glad we did,” he whispered seductively.

She went on her knees, holding the sheet loosely around her body, and was face-to-face with Gerald. “As much as I’ve missed living on my own, and being independent and now moving out of your place into mine, I’ve really liked having you all to myself.” Kim wound her arms around his bare neck and pressed her lips hard against his.

Gerald’s mouth was just as urgent. “If we keep this up, we’re never gonna leave this room, let alone the apartment.” He murmured against her neck.

A low moan breathed out of . “Who said anything about leaving?”

Just as his dream weeks before, he led the flesh where her neck and shoulder joined, while his hands removed the sheet from her grip exposing all. He moved her to the centre of the bed, and regretted ever putting his pants back on.

Kim put on her red silk robe and met Gerald in her kitchen where he ordered pizza half an hour ago. His hair was damp after taking a shower and his eyebrows rose up higher on his forehead when she walked into the room. “Simmer down, boy, I’m starving.”

She sat down at the kitchen counter and Gerald opened the box from the other side. “Large deluxe, my lady, is served.” He handed her a slice and she quickly took a bite. Gerald watched her as she nibbled on her pizza.

Kim saw his eyes intently watch hers. “What?”

“I’ve never really saw you,” he admitted. “I mean, I saw you before, but it was always as some girl Michael got pregnant.” She shifted in her seat. “But then, when I saw you grow bigger and bigger, you looked so beautiful - when you’d sit on the rocking chair, close your eyes as you listened to music. And then when my grandmother passed away and you stayed by my side, you became so much more to me. But seeing you pull through the worst time of your life, and still find a reason to smile…you’re unbelievably beautiful.” Ge leaned forward and kissed her.

That night when they finally slipped toward sleep, Gerald discovered that Kim was a snuggler; the sort of woman who burrowed in and wrapped around. He was generally a man who liked his space, but under the circumstances, he didn’t mind. So he drifted, with Kim’s head nestled in the curve of his shoulder, her arm flung around his waist and her leg twined between his.

He woke in nearly the same position, and as he woke to the scent of her hair, she was his first conscious thought.

Gerald’s attempt to ease away without disturbing her only resulted in her wanting to snuggle closer. Even as his body cheerfully responded, he tried to nudge her away. “Hmmmm,” she sounded.

“Sorry,” he whispered. “Work calls.”

“Time’s it?”

He pulled on his jeans and pulled his shirt over his head. “Just passed nine.”

“And you can’t stay longer?” Kim’s eyes adjusted to the radiant sun through the blinds.

“We stayed in the entire day yesterday. Got to get back to reality. Listen, I’ll try to get off work early today, and maybe we can go out to dinner?” He suggested, leaning down and kissing her forehead. “Until then, go back to sleep. I’ll call you later.”

Kim got up an hour later and got dressed. She had plans with Darling today, and couldn’t wait to immerse herself in the oncoming sunlight from now on.

She met Darling in a low-key restaurant and hugged her. “Shouldn’t you be on your honeymoon already?”

“And shouldn’t you at least be trying to hide that hickey on your neck?!” She laughed, smacking her arm. “Look at that thing! Good luck trying to pull it off as a burn mark.” She bent forward to take a closer look. “Oh my gosh, are those teeth marks! I always knew Kuya Ge had a big mouth.” She laughed.

She covered her neck embarrassed. Kim removed her hair tie, and pulled her hair over her shoulders. “So how are you?” They took a seat next to the window.

“Um, apparently you’re doing better. Please tell me my brother isn’t responsible for that, or else I’ll be suffering from second-hand embarrassment. I mean, Gerald hates it when I even talk about kissing my husband, and the feeling’s mutual.” The two of them laughed.

After lunch, they took a stroll down the park. “So how serious is it with my brother?”

“I thought you didn’t like talking about your brother’s extra-curricular activities.”

“I said that, and I’m over it. Especially because I like you so much. So serious?”

Kim crossed her arms over her chest. “Getting there. I mean, I still feel a little uncomfortable with how I got here, but your brother makes me feel different. With Michael, it was a classic love story; excluding the affair thing. I mean, flowers, dinners, midnightstrolls. It was the physical aspect of being together. But last night, just being in Ge’s arms, it’s like I had an epiphany. I loved Michael, but what I feel for Gerald goes beyond that. It’s weird because I swore off men after my baby died. Gerald doesn’t make me forget about it, he makes feel better. It’s like being with him healed me.”

“He must be a fireball in bed.” Darling joked. “I’m kidding and completely grossed out at the same time.” The took a seat on a bench. “Anyways, I give my ‘little-sister-stamp-of-approval’.”

Kim nudged her with her shoulder and smiled. “Thanks.”

“But, I don’t think on-coming will.” Her eyes drifted over to Marissa who was carrying Jake in her arms.

“Well, isn’t one of my favorite people in the world.” Marissa hugged Darling.

“You’re only saying that because I’m your best friend’s sister. But good to see you, too.” Darling bent over to kiss Jake on the cheek. “So what are you doing here?”

Marissa smiled, specifically only to Darling. “Well, since Gerald lives on his own now, I was going to run on over and have a quick bite. It’s been awhile since Jake has seen his favorite uncle.”

“He’s at work,” Kim chimed in. She desperately wanted to get on Marissa’s good graces, especially since all her ties with Michael have been diminished. But apparently the look on Marissa’s face said otherwise. She looked at Darling, and Darling immediately pulled her hair in front of her shoulders. Kim cleared , and now looked at Marissa with fear.

She put Jake down and asked Darling to take him over to the set of swings. Darling obeyed. “Still got your claws in him, don’t you?”

“Marissa, we’re two consenting adults who don’t need your permission to see each other.” Kim answered. “I know I’m not your favorite person in the world.”

Marissa snorted. “You had an affair with my husband, and now you’re sleeping with my best friend. You are way below the most-hated list of people right now.” She flung Kim’s hair over her shoulder revealing the evidence. “And now you’re showing it off like it’s a prize. You’re disgusting. And I hope you realize it’s only temporary. Once he figures out what a complete waste of space and tramp you are, he’ll leave.”

She tried to walk away, but Kim caught her arm with a strong grip. “You really want to get into that right now? The whole ‘poor wife’, ‘My husband cheated on me’ wife? Go ahead, play that part. I’m going to say this once and only once, so open up your hate-filled ears and listen closely. You don’t control Gerald. You don’t control me. You don’t scare me. So you have something to say, say it. I don’t care. You don’t like me, I don’t care.” She repeated. “But I’m not going anywhere. I moved out of Gerald’s place and guess where he slept last night.” Kim feigned a surprise expression, “My place. You wanna know what we did? It goes way passed necking,” she showed off her neck. “You think I’m dirt? You think I’m disgusting, pathetic? Your husband said he still loved me.” Marissa’s face stiffened. “So who’s pathetic now? You’re married to someone who’s in love with someone else. You think you’re so much better than me? You think you’re such a better person? You couldn’t even keep your own husband happy,” she shrugged. “But don’t worry,” Kim smiled. “I’m in love with Gerald, so you can have Michael. Because sure as hell, I don’t want him.” Kim smiled wider and went in for a hug. “I’ll see you later.”

Kim walked away with a smug look on her face and waved goodbye to Darling who was still playing with Jake. She went home, and began planning her birthday present for Gerald.

Gerald got back to her place just before seven with a brown bag full of Chinese take-out. Kim was in the kitchen when the door swung open. “You know you really shouldn’t leave that door open. Someone could come up and steal you away.” Gerald said setting it down and leaning over the counter to give her a quick peck.

She chuckled and handed him a cold beer from her fridge. “Well, if there’s any chance it’ll be you, the door’ll stay opened.” She seductively winked at him.

“I guess I’ll take you up on that offer,” he teased. “Okay, so dinner is served. I’ve got Shanghainoodles.” A take out box escaped from the bag. “Mu shu pork, some empress chicken, sweet’n’sour pork, beef in broccoli sauce, spring rolls, cheng du chicken, and of course, the most prized staple item of the all time - chicken fried rice.”

Kim laughed. “Fortune cookies? That’s my staple item.”

“And here they are.” He took a whole container of them. “Gotta keep my woman happy.”

She nodded and handed him his plate and a serving spoon. “Speaking of your women.” Gerald paused and stared at her. “I ran into one of them today, and she wasn’t happy.”

He groaned. “I’m going to assume that this is Marissa we’re talking about.”

Again she nodded and used her chop sticks. “She wasn’t pleased about you branding me.”

“Branding you?” For the fifth time today, she held her hair up and showed him. He snorted. “Looks like it needs a touch up,” he reached for her.

Kim slapped his hand away, “That’s not funny. As much as I might’ve enjoyed how it got there, or telling her off, I don’t want to keep fighting with her. Beyond the y exterior, she’s a human, and she’s hurt.” Gerald listened intently. “Since I told her Mike’s feelings.” He choked. “I know, it was a low blow. But she called me disgusting and a waste of space and temporary. She got the best of me.”

“Did she say anything?”

“I told her that I’m not going anywhere, and she can’t control us or what we do. And that she can have Michael because I don’t want him.”

“How noble of you,” he said. “Well, I guess I need to make another stop over there tomorrow. Try to smooth things over.”

Kim shrugged, “You could tell her to shove it.” She laughed. “I was joking. Look, obviously you like her. You guys have been best friends since…a long time ago. And if this works, I’m going to have to be civil with her.” Gerald nodded and smiled. “But only if she reciprocates.”

“I think I can make something happen,” he promised. “Okay, stop eating.” He got up and wiped his mouth with a napkin, and grabbed Kim’s hand.

She laughed as she tried to grab a last bite of a spring roll. “Hey, I’m actually one of those people who want to eat.” She retorted his movements.

“Come on, you forced me into doing this a couple of weeks ago, and now I’ve been craving to do it again. Especially since it was the beginning of something.” He held both her hands and then the radio. “Perfect.” He commented on the song, A Drop in the Ocean, by Ron Pope (my favourite song right now).

Kim smiled and tilted her head to the side as he twirled her away and then pulled her back in. “Ho ho, I didn’t know you could dance like that.” Her arm wound around his shoulders and he held onto the small of her back, and a loose grip on her hand.

“You’re beautiful, you know,” he brushed a wisp of her hair away.

She looked up at him, “I really hope you’re spending the night,” she said.

Gerald bent down and kissed her lips softly

 

Kim woke up early in the morning, and went down to start making his birthday breakfast. It’s been a month since they started dating, and she preferred this situation over the one they had before.

Holding the tray, she opened his door and set it on the nightstand. “Ge,” she whispered soothingly. “Gerald, wake up.” She picked at his ear, and he swatted her hand away. She laughed. “Up.”

“It’s my birthday, and I want the gift of sleep.”

Kim jumped on top of him and he groaned when her knees dug into his thighs. “Ugh!”

She climbed off of him, and held back a laugh. “I’m so sorry! Are you okay? You were supposed to wake up! That’s it!” She framed his face with her hands and giggled, but at the same time seeking forgiveness with her lips. She kissed his cheeks, his nose, his eyelids and all over; until he framed her face and sealed his lips over hers. She giggled against his mouth. “I guess…you’re…alright.”

“I’m up,” he said, pushing her beneath him and climbing over her. Kim laughed. He rested his hand on top of her flat stomach and sighed. “Good morning.”

“Good morning. Happy birthday,” she swiped his growing bangs off his forehead. “How was the birthday boy’s sleep?”

“Better with you,” he said. “And what’d you make me?”

Kim pushed him off and took the tray onto the bed. She settled herself in front of him and fed him a chocolate covered strawberry. “I woke up extra early to get started on breakfast. Even melted the chocolate myself,” was said with pride.

“Mmm,” he moaned. “You want to taste?” Gerald leaned over and kissed her lips. Kim ran her tongue over his strawberry juiced filled lips and smiled. “So is this part of your birthday gift?”

“Yes. And if you behave yourself today, you’ll get the rest of it tonight. I even bought something,” she lowered her gaze seductively.

“Since it’s my birthday, can I have it now?” He started nuzzling on her neck, treating her to soft love bites, and then little laps of his tongue, while ling her dry.

She moaned softly, and wanted desperately to give in. No one has made love to her as Gerald did. But she knew it’d be mind blowingly good if she was a good girl and waited. All that tension built up for that final climactic moment. Kim even smiled at the thought. She put her hand on his chest and pushed him away. “You have one hour to finish this off, get dressed and then come down stairs before the guests start piling in.” Kim explained. “And maybe, I’ll kick everyone out one hour earlier.” She winked.

Kim jumped off the bed and ran outside laughing.

Just as she ordered, Gerald arrived downstairs on time I clothes that she hung in the closet with post-it note which said,wear me. He leaned against the open doorway whistling. “Did you know that you look gorgeous cooking.” He walked behind her and pulled her hair away.

She laughed, “I’m stirring sauce.”

“And look good doing it,” he murmured against her skin. “How about we put this on low and finish what you started this morning.”

“You know, you’re not exactly passing the test for good boy,” she retorted. “And if we continue, I think we’ll have to postpone tonight for someone else.” He pulled her close ignoring the empty threat. “I guess I won’t be able to wear that little black, lacy, piece of cloth I bought especially for tonight. And the cashier even said it was half edible.” Gerald jumped back and cleared his throat. “Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

“Happy Birthday!!!!!” Marissa said opening the door. “Say hi to Tito,” she said to Jake and Emma.

Gerald ran into the living room and caught them both mid-stride, holding them up as if they weighed nothing. “Ahhhh!!!!” He mimicked them. “Who’s birthday is it today?”

“Yours,” the two kids said in unison.

“So where’s my birthday hugs and kisses?” He asked them.

Emma laughed, “We can’t.”

He set them down, and the two grabbed onto his legs, latching themselves onto him.

“Hey Ge. Happy birthday,” Marissa walked around and kissed his cheek. “I’m going to put these in the fridge,” she said holding several trays of food. She walked into the kitchen where she ran into Kim.

Kim looked at her and didn’t know whether or not to smile. “Hi,” she said sheepishly.

“Hi,” Marissa said. “Is there any room in there?” She asked pointing to the fridge.

“Yeah, Gerald said you’d be bringing some stuff. I made some room on the bottom and top shelf.” Kim answered. When she turned her head she could see Gerald playing with Marissa’s children, making them laugh, especially Jake. Kim smiled, “He’s so great with them,” her absent mind spoke.

Marissa laughed, “No one better than him. It smells good,” she complimented. “What are you making?”

“I’m making the sauce of the lasagna. You’re really lucky to have such great people in your life. Your kids…they’re beautiful.” Kim said, bringing her attention back to the several pots on the stove.

“I kicked him out.” Kim turned her head to face her. “Michael; I kicked Michael out. He’s sleeping in another condo, and I’m filing for divorce.”

Kim gaped at her. “Marissa, when I told you, that’s not what I wanted to happen.”

“I know,” she smiled. “It was time. I mean, I can only forgive so much, you know? When I confronted him, he said it wasn’t true. I’ve known Michael since high school, and I know when he’s lying, when he’s in denial, when he can’t face the truth; and I knew. I’ve known since he asked you to stay with Gerald.” She said.

Kim looked down, and turned off the stove. “I never wanted this to happen.”

Marissa nodded, “I know. I’ve been a total ,” she laughed. “A blind . I couldn’t see what was in front of me. I’m sorry for what I said to you. For how I treated you. You were the bigger person, the better person. I can see why he was in love with you.”

“Marissa…”

“And I never said it before, but…I’m so sorry of Ysabelle. You are going to be a great Mom one day. And probably a better wife than I was.”

Gerald stuck his head in the kitchen and looked around. “No broken plates. No food splashed around. I don’t hear any yelling, could it be that World War 3 is still pending?”

Marissa pushed his face to the side, “Since it’s your birthday, I’ll leave that comment alone. But just wait until tomorrow.” She threatened. “So when’s the party going to get started?” She called out.

Kim pushed a tray of snacks into his hand, “Now go serve.”

Within an hour, Gerald’s apartment was buzzing with people. Kim went out and mingled, but on her way to the kitchen, she paused in front of the door to the terrace where she heard muffled arguing. Kim watched as Michael threw his hands in the air and Marissa was crossing her arms over her chest. She was fighting back also with words, and Michael slammed the railing multiply times before storming out.

She moved out of his way, and saw him say a few words to Gerald before leaving. Kim put the dishes down, and walked out after him. He was downstairs in the lobby when she caught up to him. Kim took a seat next to him. “Marissa told me about the divorce.”

He scoffed, “I guess she told you before me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Oh please. You get in a relationship with my best friend after our child died, and I lose my marriage for trying to be a good guy. Where’s the logic in that?”

Kim laughed, “Really? Michael, you cheated on your wife for months, got her pregnant, and you expected her to forgive and forget. And then you force her to live across the hall where seeing her inevitable. I mean, did you really think that it would’ve worked?”

“You didn’t have to tell her about the other night.”

“Right, because you should have.” She shook her head, “Michael, you had two women at the palm of your hand. I would’ve done anything for you because you were the father of my child and I loved you once. And Marissa would’ve done everything because she loves you. And you betrayed both of us. Lucky for me, I had my out. But Marissa, she still loves you, and you hurt her. You’ve lied and you cheated, and she’s finally standing up for herself. The bottom line, you never should’ve hurt either one of us, and by keeping in the fact that you did still love me…Michael there’s nothing in the world that hurts more than losing someone you love, or losing someone’s love. And you shouldn’t have made her wonder.” Kim stood up. “I’m sorry your marriage didn’t work out. I really am, I didn’t want any of this to happen, but it did.”

The party was over when the clock 10. Kim was finishing up cleaning the dining room when Gerald said he’d be right back from saying goodbye to the rest of the guests. She finished putting the dishes in the dishwasher and washed her hands clean, ready for the last part of the night. Kim ran up the stairs and went to the bathroom to set up.

Gerald opened the door and found an empty living room. “Kim!” He threw his keys onto the table and locked the door. “Kim, where are you?” He put his jacket in the closet and headed upstairs.

His room welcomed him with scented candles, and a smile crept onto his face. “Kim?”

“I’m going to be right out.” She called from the bathroom. “Listen, I really hope you had a really good birthday. I’m so tired from all the preparations and stuff that I could just go to sleep!” She said.

Gerald nodded, “So what about the candles, hmmm?” He said loudly, picking up a candle and bringing it close to his nose. “Vanilla,” he whispered.

She laughed, “Candles help with relaxation, haven’t you ever heard it before?” She said.

Now he was disappointed. The party had run long, and she spent most of time either cooking in the kitchen, or slaving all over the guests. “Right…I think I have heard that before.” He said. “Anyways, today was a good day. I had a great birthday, thank you.” He stripped off his shirt and changed into his flannel pants. Gerald crawled into bed and rested his back against the headboard.

The door opened, and the light to the adjoining bathroom turned off. The two of them were now in the middle of a sea of candles, drowning in its glow. She stood in the doorway in a different lingerie setting than she described in the morning.

When she stepped out into the candlelight, he lost his breath. Black hair tumbling down over white silk, smooth skin gold against white lace. And those eyes, he thought, deep and dark, looking into his. His mouth was still wide opened when she walked towards him.

 “Happy Birthday,” she whispered, sitting across from him. Gerald still couldn’t find the words to describe the way she looked. “I just wanted to make sure I did my part.”

The silk flowed over her curves as she went on her knees and crawled on all fours closer to him. She lifted her arms to wind them around his neck in a way that was so essentially Kim, her scent shimmered in the air like the candlelight. “So how did you like your birthday so far?” She whispered against his lips, inching closer and closer until they touched.

“Compared to this?” He asked. “Dull.”

She smiled and scraped her teeth over his bottom lip - lightly, light - before the kiss. “I’ve been waiting for this the entire night.” She said.

He pushed her hair behind her neck, and his fingertips lightly brushed against her cheek. The tension building up until now, and the sensations both of them were giving off each other was too much to bear. Her skin was soft, he wanted to touch her everywhere.

Kim’s hands roamed his upper body, starting with his shoulders. His skin was rough and masculine, waking up everything inside her. His muscles were tight underneath her touch, and she could feel the tiny hairs on his chest.

On a sigh, met his and he pulled her body tight against his. She was now straddling his hips and could feel how much he wanted her. Time spun out as they circled, as mouth clung to mouth, as heart beat to heart.

His hands touched the bottoms of her thighs and shifted her so she was sitting comfortable on top of his. His lips moved to her neck, and a sensual moan was heard. She didn’t care. He made her feel this good, no one has ever made her feel this good.

Tonight was supposed to be about pleasing him, yet he paid so much attention to her and her body, that the places were reversed.

Kim drew in his scent, his flavour. So familiar and still so new. Her fingers trailed up into his hair, then curled, tugged to bring him just a little more closer.

In time, they were able to strip off each others clothes, and Gerald did exactly what he wanted to do. He tasted her, everywhere. Kissing, teasing, and tasting her in places she probably never knew existed. Her sighs and moan was what was needed. It wasn’t the love making he needed - of course, that was a bonus - but he wanted to know he could pleasure her in a way that she wanted, knowing the reason for the fulfillment of her desires was because of him. He touched her, tasted her, and now he wanted to claim her.

They slid down together onto the smooth white sheets. A caress, a tender touch, shimmered over her skin. She his face, opened - body and heart - as she found, with him, passion wrapped in the shimmer of romance.

This was exactly what she wanted, had ever wished for. The sweetness and the heat. And as she gave, more and more, she filled until she was dizzy. His flesh to her flesh, so warm, brought her a quiet joy even as pulses spiked. His lips pressed to her heart as it beat only for him.

Gerald made his way back up her body with a trail of moisture from his tongue. She loved the feel of him on her. His eyes met hers, and he brushed her hair away from his face. “You’re so beautiful,” he murmured. “Impossibly beautiful.”

“I feel beautiful when you look at me,” she replied out of breath.

He skimmed his fingers over her , watched her eyes glow with pleasure. He lowered his mouth, a gentle taste with teeth and tongue, and felt her body quiver with fresh need.

“I want you,” her breath caught as she arched under him. “You’re what I want, Ge.” Kim surrendered to him, taking him in, moving with him in slow savoring beats.

Surrendered, he lost himself in her.